APAC character transfer: what to expect

StephenReid

Hey everyone on the other side of the world! The character transfer process has started for those of you who were eligible for inclusion. I wanted to give you a heads-up on what to expect during this process and a few more details.

As previously mentioned, this is the first version of our character transfer process, and it is mostly conducted manually. This means that the process will take a little while. We're proceeding carefully, monitoring the process as we transfer batches of characters. We're transferring people based on when they initially signed up for character transfer (after the page went live on April 17th), which means if you filled out the form early, the chances are you'll get transferred a little earlier, too. Please don't ask for an estimation on when you'll be transferred; as we stated at the beginning of the process, it'll take up to a week for all transfers to complete (but we're hoping less than that).

The transfer process has to occur when the servers are online, and we're doing it during office hours here in Austin. That translates to very late at night/early mornings for Australia and New Zealand (apologies to other timezones, they're the two I know sort-of-off-hand!). Here's what happens from your perspective as a player:

- If you are in-game when the transfer process starts for your character(s) then you will be disconnected from the server. You will receive an error message that's tagged as 'Error Code 6'. If this happens, it's time to take a break from the game for a while!

- If you are not in-game, you may attempt to login and find you are unable to.

- In either case, you will not be able to login to the characters you are transferring while the transfer is taking place, or create new characters on that origin server. You can create or play characters on other servers if you wish.

- The transfer process can take up to three hours, but should generally take less.

- After your transfer is complete, you will log back into the game and should find that your transferred characters are no longer listed on your character select screen. That's a good sign! You should then back out of character select and go back to server selection.

- At the bottom of the server selection screen, click the Asia Pacific tab. Select the server or servers you elected to transfer characters to; you should find them waiting for you.

- As described in my previous post, you may need to rename your characters. Please refer to that post for (hopefully) all the info you need.

- If you are still unable to login and find your transferred characters over three hours after the process intiated as described above, please contact Customer Service for assistance.

That's it! If you still have questions, please feel free to post them in this thread. I'd also ask you to review the existing FAQ as well as my previous post about renaming characters.

Edited by StephenReid

Ok so you tell us if we have not recieved our email/cant access the transfer page to contact customer support!

what if this was done 5 days ago without a response? do we sit here hoping someone will contact us? assume they never recieved our question? or just start fresh and forget all the toons we made on the US servers?

The transfer process has to occur when the servers are online, and we're doing it during office hours here in Austin. That translates to very late at night/early mornings for Australia and New Zealand (apologies to other timezones, they're the two I know sort-of-off-hand!).

You know, you should get those clocks that show the local time at various capitals around the world that they have at airports ;)

Thankyou for this thread i woulda freaked when I first dced and saw error 6 .. but I think error 9000 has to be added to this list. There are 2 of us who have this msg atm ..

Its ok being patient and singing kumbayah whist renewing faith in the developers .. :D

What if we submitted the form for transfer and all toons now have 'do not transfer' next to them?

Yes I have submitted the CS form on this website but have had no response yet.

Same problem, as with a good few on the Oceanic Swtor facebook group.

I set them all up, made sure I confirmed the setup but yet now they're all set as do not transfer with no option to change nor to confirm anything.

Also submitted CS form with no reply as of yet (since yesterday).

Same problem, as with a good few on the Oceanic Swtor facebook group.

I set them all up, made sure I confirmed the setup but yet now they're all set as do not transfer with no option to change nor to confirm anything.

Also submitted CS form with no reply as of yet (since yesterday).

The form was quite long and after pressing the confirm/make it so/go!/ok button, the confirmation all went well was at the top of the form. But the form did not reset itself to the top of the page. It stayed scrolled to the bottom.

Mine failed first off as i did not have the needed slots at destination, so none of my selections were saved. Once i had made room it worked. But again it was by fluke i found the first message and knew to check the top the next time round.

Ok so you tell us if we have not recieved our email/cant access the transfer page to contact customer support!

what if this was done 5 days ago without a response? do we sit here hoping someone will contact us?

Obviously, if you've contacted Customer Service, I'd wait for a response. You can raise a different ticket with them if you wish.

I've raised that as a potential issue with the web and server teams, but I'd suggest you send a ticket into Customer Service as well. At this point as the character transfer process has started, you will not be able to alter anything on the web page, but we'll look into the issue you described.

Anyone else who's experiencing issues, please submit a ticket to Customer Service. We have to deal with account level issues on an individual basis.

Obviously, if you've contacted Customer Service, I'd wait for a response. You can raise a different ticket with them if you wish.

That's really the official Bioware response ? You still can't get automated transfers working (even though you're running a PTS) , and your customer service is so poor that there's not even an _acknowledgement_ of the ticket 5 days after submission, and your reply is "obviously wait"? Really?

Edited by Midget_Yoda

2 out of 3 of my flagged characters have transferred, one has been left behind on Swiftsure even though he was flagged for the transfer to the PvP server under my account info.

Yep same here only 2 of my 3 have been transferred. I have sent them a email but still waiting for reply

Will there be a second round of transfers? I was out of the country and couldn't make it :S

After seeing quite a few people miss the transfers for whatever reason, it would be good to have a second round.

It would only be a positive thing, creates some goodwill etc

Where can you sign up for these transfers? Can you please make it easier for paying subscribers to know about this and were they can go instead of making it secret?

They were only for Australia/Pacific players (certain countries only) who were playing prior to the release of the game into their areas to enable them to transfer to local-based servers.

It wasn't secret - there was lots of information about it on the front page of the website and on these forums for at least 3 weeks beforehand. If you didn't get an email about it, you weren't eligible for the transfer.

For those of us who were eligible (yes, I am one), transfers were only open for 1 week and closed off on April 24th. I'm still waiting for my characters to move (I registered late due to the problems with the form).

Edited by TziganeNZ

Where can you sign up for these transfers? Can you please make it easier for paying subscribers to know about this and were they can go instead of making it secret?

This is a specific, one-off character transfer process for those who were playing on US and European servers before Asia-Pacific servers were available for play. When a broader, more robust character transfer system is available, we'll make that very clear to all players.

For anyone who missed the initial window but may still be eligible, we'll have some more news on that before too long.

Edited by StephenReid

Hi Stephen,

Quick question if your around :) I just logged on to the game and 2 out of 4 of my characters appear to have been transfered to Dalbora, but I can not log on to Harbinger so guessing the other 2 are still being transfered. My question is can I log onto the ones that have already been transfered or am I better waiting until all 4 have been done? am I going to screw anything up if I log on to them before the process is finished and will I get an email to tell me the process has finished?

Nevermind - now cant log onto either server so going to go do soemthing else for a while :)

Edited by DavydM
Update

I understand that a broader system needs to be put in place for the majority of people to be able to get a character transfer but are there any plans for people on the really low population server? I mean our server is dead!!! We can only get 50 PvP to pop when we have 6-8 Guildies on and beg the Imp side to queue.

We've lost more than half of our core OPS groups who went back to other games or just quit because it's to frustrating and difficult to try and get something going most nights. We can't even get a random 50 to PUG our 8th spot and end up doing it with 7.

I keep trying to rally the remaining players we have in our guild telling them that server transfers are coming soon and that we'll at least be on a more populated server with people to play with but more and more leave everyday and most don't come back.

Is there anything you can say that I can bring to them as a last shinning ray of hope for us to survive? I mean at this point I'm about to give up as there are only so many alts you can level through the same quests over and over and over.

Please help us your our only hope!!

Things are becoming desperate on my server as well. We have enough to support pve, which is great for those than prefer it, but the pvp is dying due to weak participation.

I wish we could get something from Bioware other than, "later".

That seems to be their response to every concern the community has - its always just later.

I really enjoy the game. I want it to succeed. I'm willing to give BW the benefit of the doubt, but simply saying later as I'm watching my server community whither more each week is disingenuous and extremely frustrating.

Edited by Sowwy

I understand that you can't just throw out specific dates for this and that as we all know stuff happens. Things change and then if that date can't be met then people are angrier than they were had you not even told em it was coming on "Monday" or makeup your own scenario.

But is there anything you can do for us now, a relative timeline, a photo of you squishing to globes together, a glossy look into a crystal ball, a wink and a nudge followed by you throwing a dart at a calendar. I really don't think that were even going to be able to sustain a PvE group within two weeks.

Tera's coming out and I know were losing two core people to that who say they'll come on to do Ops but they've already stopped logging in for those. Two weeks from now Diablo III releases and I can think of 2 more core people who are going to be "busy" with that for a while.

At that point I can't see how we would even be able to get a Hard Mode Flashpoint Group together. I've heard a million people just yell at me to re-roll on another server. If that is my only other option then I'm sorry I quit.

I can't recall the last time our fleet had more then 15 people on it and that only happens when our guild prepares to do an Ops. Most nights after 11est I'm lucky to see 2 other people on the fleet usually it's just me. I really do enjoy this game but I can't play an MMO without other players.

I can live with a lot of the bumps in the road but I've put a lot of time and energy into my characters just to forget about them until when/IF Bioware allows me to move them to my new server.

This is a specific, one-off character transfer process for those who were playing on US and European servers before Asia-Pacific servers were available for play. When a broader, more robust character transfer system is available, we'll make that very clear to all players.

For anyone who missed the initial window but may still be eligible, we'll have some more news on that before too long.

id just settle for customer support getting off there *****es and doing their dam job. ive filled 3 tickets since my apac transfer broke. only 1 out of 3 got transferred before i got the email saying its complete.

out of the 3 tickets the 3rd finally got an answer from a GM. "im sorry i cant do anything, im going to close the ticket and escalate it to a specialized team". fantastic canned response.

im not asking much i just want them to retry the transfer if it dosent work tell me i can stop wasting my time and re-roll on the Aussie servers

*editied* im still waiting for the transfer problem to be fixed, now that all my friends / guildies have been transferred. im sitting here bored stupid in an almost empty guild

Edited by Hoofprint
added info

L A X I T Y by BioWare.My server is dead, almost.Waiting fot wz at peak time 30-60 mins, 70-90 (all levels) rep. players.So no peak time means no poeple.

I want to get out of that server with all my characters.I want to enojy the game itself, but I cannot, because no people.No poeple means, no pvp. no pve nothing at all = NO FUN.A dont say "Our game is healthy!".No its not, its dying.

BioWare ur responsible for this, ur making it die, dont u see ???

Ingame support = big 0.00%, character transfer = 0.00%, server maintenances at the bad time, low population on servers VERY BAD, NO LFG TOOL, NO WZ CROSS SERVER.

BLIZZARD IS LAUGHING AT YOU !!

SLAP BIOWARE

Edited by Emdix