Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MishaCantu
11.17.2019 , 03:26 AM | #441
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Pretty sure Scourge is introduced to Satele and several other Jedi once you bring him to Tython after escaping the Emperor's fortress. Besides, 'an old ally' isn't necessarily his old ally. Could be an old ally of ours, the player character, in which case Marr and Satele, given KOTFE, both fit. Then if you take into consideration that the Jedi Knight's crew accompanied them through SoR, even if the game doesn't highlight it, it stands to reason Scourge does know Marr and Satele, again. Of course there is also the KOTFE chapter where Marr and Satele leave you because the Force has summoned them elsewhere which may just be to aid Kira and Scourge. So, I remain curious and wouldn't discount them in favor of the typical old cat in the bag that is Revan.
Good points and we also have to remember that Marr is a force ghost now, so who knows where he's been off to or up to. In a way, I hope it's not Revan, but only time will tell.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
11.18.2019 , 08:12 PM | #442
Quote: Originally Posted by lukeisjedi View Post
So where do you guys see the story heading from here? I sense Another expansion with dealing with the plague incoming. Or another Ossus type content.
Expansion, no, not for a LONG time. It'll be small story content dribbling out every few months again now more likely than not

LordVitalus
11.18.2019 , 09:57 PM | #443
Quote: Originally Posted by lukeisjedi View Post
So where do you guys see the story heading from here? I sense Another expansion with dealing with the plague incoming. Or another Ossus type content.
The plague thing will be most certainly a side story, probably a Flashpoint/Operation in 6.1, identical for both factions.

Beyond that, I'd like to see more class story content, but I know it's going to be hard to see. I could be satisfied with two nice stories for both factions as Onslaught or RotHC.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

Goreshaga
11.19.2019 , 02:29 AM | #444
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVitalus View Post
The plague thing will be most certainly a side story, probably a Flashpoint/Operation in 6.1, identical for both factions.
Well whatever it is as it is something really tied to the solo story (especially for Knights), it needs to be soloable, so i really hope it'll not be an Operation.
I'd be fine with a FP though, even if it's not my favorite kind of story content, at least i'd be able to do it on my own.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

LordVitalus
11.19.2019 , 03:59 AM | #445
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well whatever it is as it is something really tied to the solo story (especially for Knights), it needs to be soloable, so i really hope it'll not be an Operation.
I'd be fine with a FP though, even if it's not my favorite kind of story content, at least i'd be able to do it on my own.
We've already seen story content in ops. I think it could be an interesting idea to make a solo story mode for operations with some NPCs helping (like the FP droid). The temple of sacrifice is a good example of a waste of content for story solo players. It could have been an extra motivation for them to subscribe, like "premium content", with the random tasks on Yavin as a F2P alternative. But Bioware won't listen to reason, they have their idea in mind of what should be an operation and won't change it.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

Goreshaga
11.19.2019 , 04:26 AM | #446
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVitalus View Post
We've already seen story content in ops. I think it could be an interesting idea to make a solo story mode for operations with some NPCs helping (like the FP droid). The temple of sacrifice is a good example of a waste of content for story solo players. It could have been an extra motivation for them to subscribe, like "premium content", with the random tasks on Yavin as a F2P alternative. But Bioware won't listen to reason, they have their idea in mind of what should be an operation and won't change it.
If they can do it the same way they did for SoR and the Revan fight and provide a solo alternative to an operation, i'd not mind them making an operation version of that, but seriously locking that part behind group content only, i'd feel really insulted that something that is so important and so closely tied to my main character's story could not be done solo.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Estelindis
11.19.2019 , 07:33 AM | #447
If they can do it the same way they did for SoR and the Revan fight and provide a solo alternative to an operation, i'd not mind them making an operation version of that, but seriously locking that part behind group content only, i'd feel really insulted that something that is so important and so closely tied to my main character's story could not be done solo.
Yeah, I really wish they would not put operations into the main storyline without also making a solo version like they did for Revan.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Monumenta
11.19.2019 , 11:20 AM | #448
locking that part behind group content only, i'd feel really insulted
I was playing Spider-Man on the PS4 yesterday and was similarly insulted by the lack of multiplayer options to carry me through the boss fights. They really should develop games with the whims of random players with crazy off track ideas because following internal road maps and standards has really limited the potential of the whole medium.

ZionHalcyon
11.19.2019 , 12:44 PM | #449
I think the republic will focus on finding the scattered Jedi and bringing them back together again.

The empire side is still up in the air.

I do know a lot of people would prefer Jadus come back long-term as the new sith emperor replacing either Vowrawn or Acina, as he is the only one truly left that carries any sort of weight in terms of power and the role. Let's be honest that the others seem like light weights compared to his presence in the vanilla game. And it would be a waste to just bring him back only to kill him off quickly.