Lethality Operative PVP video 1.6

Ravashakk

My first attempt at creating and editing a video. Don't expect a lot of great production value. The clips were apart of 1 night of PVPing with guildies in regs.

That aside, it is a video pertaining to the playstyle of a lethality operative. It is not a burst compilation or a tutorial video, but rather the context around the burst.

I chose this spec because I refuse to be a FOTM reroller, and I actually enjoy it. You might not agree with its viability in competitive play, but that will not deter me from playing it.

As for my gear, I was missing EWH implant x1, relics x2, enhancement x1, earpiece, and conceal PVE 2 pc set bonus (most of which my scoundrel has, but can't be transferred). I also used a rakata stim for the entirety of the video instead of exotech.

Hopefully you will enjoy. :)

My first attempt at creating and editing a video. Don't expect a lot of great production value. The clips were apart of 1 night of PVPing with guildies in regs.

That aside, it is a video pertaining to the playstyle of a lethality operative. It is not a burst compilation or a tutorial video, but rather the context around the burst.

I chose this spec because I refuse to be a FOTM reroller, and I actually enjoy it. You might not agree with its viability in competitive play, but that will not deter me from playing it.

As for my gear, I was missing EWH implant x1, relics x2, enhancement x1, earpiece, and conceal PVE 2 pc set bonus (most of which my scoundrel has, but can't be transferred). I also used a rakata stim for the entirety of the video instead of exotech.

Thanks for posting this. Actually enjoyed good music and as you say, *not* compiled cutscenes of sequences where someone burns down some newb with one concealment rotation.

Post please your leth. build - do you use ling. toxins?

Btw. i'm big fan of lethality myself, but i'd never use it at huttball, this is arena where it is the least helpfull spec (imho).

Best, where i always use it, is voidstar during offensive phase ..

anyway, cheers

Thanks for posting this. Actually enjoyed good music and as you say, *not* compiled cutscenes of sequences where someone burns down some newb with one concealment rotation.

Post please your leth. build - do you use ling. toxins?

Btw. i'm big fan of lethality myself, but i'd never use it at huttball, this is arena where it is the least helpfull spec (imho).

Best, where i always use it, is voidstar during offensive phase ..

anyway, cheers

Yes I use Lingering toxins. It has pros and cons.

Pros:

Keeps ppl in combat ->prevents ooc healing, restealthing etc....

When target blows their debuff cleansing c/d, it reapplies the dots so that when they vanish, it pops them back out.

More dmg

Keeps your bleed buffs on the target for optimal culls without reapplying dots

Periodic dmg protection

Cons:

Keeps you in combat -> prevents ooc healing, restealthing etc....

Since your dots are on longer, targets can pretty much never be CC'ed while you're alive.

As for the spec and location....each spec is viable based on the team composition it is surrounded by. If you play a group comp that requires a lot of cc that breaks on dmg, then lethality or any dot spec will be counter productive. You can say the same about any spec, just some are more universally accepted in any group comp. In huttball, I'm usually controlling the flow in mid so that we can pick the ball up everytime. Tanks usually have the ball, and my spec hurts them more than anyone else's. I think operatives in general have little utility for huttball outside of healing it, or standing in the endzone.

Thank you for the compliments about my video.

Nice going, i've been a lethality OP since launch but this is a whole new level of win. That said, that was a Unicorns premade, you guys roll pugs day in and day out. The fact that you could sit in melee range for pretty much the entire fight is a credit to your healer, as someone who always pugs I rarely get the chance to stay in melee any longer than it takes to cull twice and then debilitate someone for my sprint to the nearest LoS object. Also, how are you getting your damage that high? I've broken 600k before but i've seen you do over a million. Is that multi-dotting targets that don't die or cleanse or am I doing something wrong? My gear is almost identical to yours.

Nice going, i've been a lethality OP since launch but this is a whole new level of win.

Thank you.

That said, that was a Unicorns premade, you guys roll pugs day in and day out.

Like 8 of the 10 games had no more than 4 Unicorns in them. None of which were tanks.

If you go back and watch the vid, you'll notice the talent we were facing pretty much every game. QQ or LD50 were running premades in like 70% of those games. If you'd like, I can show you the scoreboards from those games so you can see that in like half of them, the pugs on our group were lucky if they pulled 300k combined. Imps on this server are TERRIBLE.

The fact that you could sit in melee range for pretty much the entire fight is a credit to your healer, as someone who always pugs I rarely get the chance to stay in melee any longer than it takes to cull twice and then debilitate someone for my sprint to the nearest LoS object.

Yes I get good heals in a portion of those clips. You'll also notice I was prob taking the most dmg....sometimes allowing the healer to free cast. I also return the favor....a good 4-5 clips of me watching my healers' backs.

There are plenty of clips where I was healer-less and outmanned, forcing me to fend for myself on the defensive side.

Also, how are you getting your damage that high? I've broken 600k before but i've seen you do over a million. Is that multi-dotting targets that don't die or cleanse or am I doing something wrong? My gear is almost identical to yours.

Gear helps, but I'd say PVP prowess is a big factor. I can tell you how to gear, how to spec, how to burst, but when you actually go into a war zone where the situation is changing, you need to know what to use in what situation. I'm not perfect, but experience plays a HUGE role.

The not dying thing will happen with a few good healers on the other side, allowing dots to tick longer. That doesn't stop me from killing though....generally have the highest KBs. That's actually one of my fav clips, where I got like 10 KBs in like 30 secs.

Edited by Ravashakk

Interesting, I think it may also have to do with you having a healer so often. Cull is our biggest hit and i've played some warzones where it only made up about 15% of my damage (all 250k worth but hey, it was VS ****** does 50 so what can you do?). I really wish the devs would give us some love and let us cull from 30m, or at least generate TA's from 30m. We definitely don't have the cooldowns to be melee, were skirmishers at best.

Great video and even greater music. Thank you for sharing. I am having a blast leveling a Lethality Op mainly through pvp (currently 43), so any good footage I can find of this rare spec is a treat.

I am finding the playstyle to share alot of similarities to how I played my Assault Vanguard before the range nerfs. Stay out for a bit and drop some ranged damage and then move in for the kills, but with the added flexibility of stealth and off heals. Good times!

Hoping for more, keep up the good work. :)

nice vid.

i dont see you often finishing/channelling cull. do u cancel it halfway to do a stronger knife attack for burst damage? i dont have an op :D or is your version of cull different from the sniper's? :o

Edited by paowee

Interesting, I think it may also have to do with you having a healer so often. Cull is our biggest hit and i've played some warzones where it only made up about 15% of my damage (all 250k worth but hey, it was VS ****** does 50 so what can you do?). I really wish the devs would give us some love and let us cull from 30m, or at least generate TA's from 30m. We definitely don't have the cooldowns to be melee, were skirmishers at best.

I wish we had a mirror of the healing talent that lets KP ticks have a chance of proccing a TA every 6 seconds. Make it off poison ticks or poison crits. That would help a LOT, but not sure if it would make it too strong. Internal cooldown would be a must.

As for range, maybe weakening blast could give a buff that allows cull to be used from up to 30m for the next x seconds.

Thank you.

Like 8 of the 10 games had no more than 4 Unicorns in them. None of which were tanks.

If you go back and watch the vid, you'll notice the talent we were facing pretty much every game. QQ or LD50 were running premades in like 70% of those games. If you'd like, I can show you the scoreboards from those games so you can see that in like half of them, the pugs on our group were lucky if they pulled 300k combined. Imps on this server are TERRIBLE.

LOL you can say that again, Imps truly are devastating... Alot of people think they have it bad PuGing as a tank, and even as a heler (yes i know it blows when your team sucks as a healer), but you should really try PuGin imp side as a tank... don't even get me started.

Oh, and about changes, i think that instant Cull from 30m is a bit too strong, maybe give a proc as a chain to Lethal Dose which is 3 points, On DoT crit give 10/20/30% of TA with internal CD of 15/12/9 seconds.... maybe remove counterstrike... Also, instead of cull being 30m from WB, have: If you are 10-30m away from target, a 4 second root, breaks after 2 seconds if damaged (when using WB)

nice video

how many expertise?

Currently in the mid 1200s. I haven't decided 100% on where I want my expertise to be. You either go with higher throughput or higher mitigation. Anything in that area and you'll still do fine.

For healing, I def go 1314.

Edited by Ravashakk

i replied to your video and now I am going to reply here.

Fantastic video man. You did a great job with energy management and your control of the fights. Highly impressed.

Keep it up.

Ravashakk, did you try the sniper lethality? What do you think it feels in comparison?

I've never played a sniper. I played a marauder until 1.2 (when they started getting buffed for no reason), an operative, and a scoundrel. I stick with the class because I enjoy it. Lot of ppl keep telling me to try this class out, but at the end of the day I'm not bored with the operative and have no drive to play something else. Kind of like instead of being a jack of all trades, I'd rather be a master of 1.

i replied to your video and now I am going to reply here.

Fantastic video man. You did a great job with energy management and your control of the fights. Highly impressed.

Keep it up.

Thanks for taking the time to watch, and your feedback is appreciated. :)