Absolutely no epic loot from like, 30+ flashpoints?!

Xhavael

Hey all,

I've just noticed that even i'm 75, my gear is still green, because none of the flashpoints give me any epic items. From the rule of big numbers, from 30+ flashpoints, i should at least get 1 epic, right? Or am i missing something?

I tried to raise a ticket in the subject, but can't find appropriate forms. so maybe someone had a similar issue, or something...maybe i do something wrong, or IDK :D

Thanks for the tips anyone!

No, because loot drops are based upon your item rating. If your IR is 274 then you will get gear that is around IR 274. Some pieces will be over that and some pieces will be under that. You will not start to receive gold tier gear until you get close to, or are over, IR 300.

The best thing to do when running a flashpoint, if the other people in the group will give you time to do so, is to check the gear drops you receive and equip any pieces that are an IR upgrade. Do not worry about your stats whilst leveling your gear. Stat management will come later. So, say you are IR 274 and you receive a piece that has a higher IR than the one you are wearing. You put that on and it raises your IR to 275. That will, marginally, improve the drops you receive from the next boss.

My suggestion, as this is what I did and it worked for me, is to store up all of your tech frags until you get close to cap. When you get close to the cap then go to the Spoils of War vendor on the fleet and with both the merchant window and you character sheet open look at your gear, identify the lowest IR piece and purchase that from the SoW vendor. Now drag that to your character sheet to equip it. Do not right-click to equip as that will sell the item back for credits and you will lose your tech frags. Repeat for each piece, starting with the lowest IR first and working up, equipping each piece as you purchase it, until you run out of tech frags. Then go run content to fill up your tech frag pool again.

Tip, doing the Onderon weekly will net you at least 500 tech frags, 100 in the daily crate and 400 in the weekly crate, plus whatever you get from deconstructing any unneeded gear.

No, because loot drops are based upon your item rating. If your IR is 274 then you will get gear that is around IR 274. Some pieces will be over that and some pieces will be under that. You will not start to receive gold tier gear until you get close to, or are over, IR 300.

The best thing to do when running a flashpoint, if the other people in the group will give you time to do so, is to check the gear drops you receive and equip any pieces that are an IR upgrade. Do not worry about your stats whilst leveling your gear. Stat management will come later. So, say you are IR 274 and you receive a piece that has a higher IR than the one you are wearing. You put that on and it raises your IR to 275. That will, marginally, improve the drops you receive from the next boss.

My suggestion, as this is what I did and it worked for me, is to store up all of your tech frags until you get close to cap. When you get close to the cap then go to the Spoils of War vendor on the fleet and with both the merchant window and you character sheet open look at your gear, identify the lowest IR piece and purchase that from the SoW vendor. Now drag that to your character sheet to equip it. Do not right-click to equip as that will sell the item back for credits and you will lose your tech frags. Repeat for each piece, starting with the lowest IR first and working up, equipping each piece as you purchase it, until you run out of tech frags. Then go run content to fill up your tech frag pool again.

Tip, doing the Onderon weekly will net you at least 500 tech frags, 100 in the daily crate and 400 in the weekly crate, plus whatever you get from deconstructing any unneeded gear.

Thank you for your advanced help. I really appreciate it.

You know, i played SWTOR 8 years ago, and a lot of information is bit new to me. I only did the storyline quests so far, and i'm doing flashpoints, but your answer now enlightened me. So really, thank you.

I'll do this tech scrap method you just mentioned.

Thanks again!

What the hell is "epic" gear?

But anyway, when working on your "iRating", keep in mind that the 'left side' (earpiece, implants, relics) also counts. Concentrate on upgrading the lowest rated piece of gear you have - left or right side.

By epic i mean like yellow items, with bigger IR.

As ceryxp said, there is no actual gear quality in Swtor anymore. What you get depends on your current item rating, Level 75 starter gear is green, and as the item rating increases, so does the rarity color. At item rating 300+ everything is "legendary". Nothing special, all the item quality does is making repairs and swapping mods more expensive.

What the hell is "epic" gear?.

Purple gear in WoW, ESO, and other MMOs, where higher quality items are a lucky drop.

Edited by Mubrak