Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?

ZaneKaiser

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?

Nvm, was a misunderstanding. I am innocent

Hey ZaneKaiser, we just checked with our ToS team and no action was taken against you. Our team is actively investigating those that took extreme advantage of the situation on Ilum, but you, personally, have not been actioned against. However, due to the misinformation that you have posted, your post has been reported to our community forum team and they will take action, per our forum rules.
Edited by ZaneKaiser

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

which part are you having trouble with, your exploiting or there correcting it?

They actually told people to avoid Ilum until tomorrow, when they fix it.

I was in Ilum before they announced that people should avoid it....I completely followed the rules as Bioware stated.. and yet I still get punished?

What kind of justice is this?

AWESOME, glad to hear it BW. /HUGS FOR BW.

Not that it matters to someone who won't be playing, but I am really glad to see BW did something about this.

bad OP, bad.

Edited by Aisar

To not play the game as they made it?

They announced yesterday that Ilum was not working as intended and that it would patched this morning and that players who are taking advantage of it not working as intended will be "dealt with appropriately".

That's as a fair a warning as anything.

I was in Ilum before they announced that people should avoid it....I completely followed the rules as Bioware stated.. and yet I still get punished?

The sweet kind.

You should have known something was wrong spawn camping and getting valor so easily.

So steamrolling rebels in their spawn, while you boost your rank to 60 is not exploiting? You deserved it.

Awesome! OP got what he deserved. Op knew what he was doing and tries to pass the buck. Your game your rules your bug I was just playing it. You were just cheating. Got caught. I love it! My weekend starts in a few minutes and this was a great way to start it!

There's a saying that goes something like, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse." Just because you didn't know the rules changed doesn't mean they didn't change.

Regardless, you acknowledge that your Valor gains were unfair, then ask to keep them for no other reason than that they benefit you? Sounds like a selfish **** move to me.

In your post you state you knew it was a bug, and not intended. You took advantage of it. That's a textbook definition of "exploiting" in an MMO context.

Keep up the good work, Bioware.

It's not exploiting, it's called open world PVP? Why should I get punished for a bug that Bioware created?

Exploiting an obviously unintended loophole in game mechanics resulted in a loss of what was gained via the exploit.

You are lucky that was the only repercussion, and that your account was not closed.

I love when exploiters try to justify their actions with "it was in the game so I did nothing wrong."

It's not exploiting, it's called open world PVP? Why should I get punished for a bug that Bioware created?

Because you were exploiting said bug. To exploit a bug is to take advantage of a bug, something you agreed not to do when you accepted the EULA.

I think the real question this thread should be asking is why the exploiters weren't banned.