Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?

ZaneKaiser

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?

Hey ZaneKaiser, we just checked with our ToS team and no action was taken against you. Our team is actively investigating those that took extreme advantage of the situation on Ilum, but you, personally, have not been actioned against. However, due to the misinformation that you have posted, your post has been reported to our community forum team and they will take action, per our forum rules.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

**Good news on two levels, offically being called out on the carpet AND they are busting heads of those who were found using this 'exploit'!

It never fails, they use it every single time. I love it when they try to turn it around on the studio with the "But it was a bug in YOUR game, your system allowed me to do it so its not wrong" line of reasoning.

Edited by Tolarus

lmao YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Resubscribing if this is true.

Regardless of whether or not the OP is lying, did anyone actually believe that nothing would be done to those who exploited?

Edit: well it seems BioWare posted whilst I was typing my post, so he was indeed lying. Still doesn't change that something will be done to those who exploited. Not happening immediately =/= not happening at all.

Edited by Malefactor

Hey ZaneKaiser, we just checked with our ToS team and no action was taken against you. Our team is actively investigating those that took extreme advantage of the situation on Ilum, but you, personally, have not been actioned against. However, due to the misinformation that you have posted, your post has been reported to our community forum team and they will take action, per our forum rules.

Hail Mary, Son of... hope?

One way to find the truth... reported... bioware will have to lock the thread if the OP was never given an official email. If not, well... d@mn!!!

/check and mate (yes I'm a geek)

They may not lock it - the moderators here may not have easy access to information regarding your toons. I don't know...

But the suspicious part is the lack of proof (people always have proof, even doctored, of these things, eh?) and the fact there aren't MULTITUDES of people screaming bloody murder. I still see literally dozens of BM's running around who were rank 40's two days ago.

edit: just saw the above post... roflmao. busted. :D

Edited by Rasstavad

As I thought. They aren't rolling back the broken valour gains from yesterday. Just roll it back for everyone and start over.

So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

I sincerely hope this is true. If so, my faith in Bioware will be restored.

They may not lock it - the moderators here may not have easy access to information regarding your toons. I don't know...

But the suspicious part is the lack of proof (people always have proof, even doctored, of these things, eh?) and the fact there aren't MULTITUDES of people screaming bloody murder. I still see literally dozens of BM's running around who were rank 40's two days ago.

Look up ^^^

OP got pwned

One way to find the truth... reported... bioware will have to lock the thread if the OP was never given an official email. If not, well... d@mn!!!

/check and mate (yes I'm a geek)

Actually, if it was true they would delete the thread because it is against forum policy to discuss bannings and such.

Use your brains, do you really think that the forums would not be FULL of people complaining if any action had been taken? Well do you?

:eek:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

*gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, gave me a good laugh.

Whether you did it knowingly or not, you took advantage of a situation not working as intended and extremely benefited from it. Unfair.

Thank you to BioWare for fixing this issue.

On my server, I know many players were upset about this.

Yes it was Bioware's own fault for creating the opportunity for players to pile on the valor, but it was your choice to abuse an advantage that BioWare can be quoted saying was unintentional and imbalanced the game.

You obviously know you abused the system to confer an unfair advantage onto yourself and by arguing that you were just 'playing the game', you are merely using a flawed logic.

Yes it was Bioware's own fault for creating the opportunity for players to pile on the valor, but it was your choice to abuse an advantage that BioWare can be quoted saying was unintentional and imbalanced the game.

You obviously know you abused the system to confer an unfair advantage onto yourself and by arguing that you were just 'playing the game', you are merely using a flawed logic.

You should really read the thread...

Actually, if it was true they would delete the thread because it is against forum policy to discuss bannings and such.

Use your brains, do you really think that the forums would not be FULL of people complaining if any action had been taken? Well do you?

Yeah which is why everyone was calling him out since page 2?

I think we're in agreement... some fell for it.

Anyway, look at Biowwares response... really read between the obvious lines... I'm extremely hopeful.

THANK YOU BIOWARE... MISTAKES HAPPEN, BUT SOMETIMES YOU CAN CORRECT THEM.

Edited by Twisted_Sisters