State of PvP

Ianosm

This is not intended to be a whine/troll post but instead a genuine query to the pvp'ers out there.

Are any of you thinking of unsubscribing until pvp reverts to a normal or manageable state?

At present nearly all of the normal and ranked warzones are dominated by rage/focus spec groups and the burst damage they are putting out makes healing impossible.

To explain further, I play a sage healer and the only really viable spec for ranked is the bubble spec which I dislike but here's the irony, I would need to be full seer/aoe spec to mitigate the smashers damage but I can't be aoe spec because then I die in 2 seconds if focused.

TLDR version, is anybody else dismayed at the lack of ownership from Bioware that they made a mistake and should on effect roll back to pre 1.4. Smashers are admitting they are OP and hate having to play it, sorcs/sages are admitting bubble is OP and dislike having to play it. As hard as it will be for me to do, I will be unsubscribing until changes are made. I will happily subscribe again if these issues are resolved or there is a clear sign from Bioware that they are looking at it. I just dislike being forced to play a spec to be in any way competitive.

Anyone else feel the same?

this is a pve game. pvp warzones are really only there to help pvers level up. bioware could care less about the level 50 bracket

/thread

Very true. I think the fact that in about a month this game will have been our for a year and they will have released one additional warzone...that should speak about how much they care about PvP in this game.

Meh, although I have no intention of quiting at the moment, I do find myself pvping much less than usual since 1.4. I concider myself a pvper and love the chalange of playing against a living thinking person, patch 1.4 in my opinion has taken this away. its nolonger PVP its PVCC and being what results to a WZ training dummy is just not fun or challanging.

In my opinion, BW has turned this into a CC heavy game is due to the hard task of ballancing the classes, so if every class can Spam CCs now instead of relying on skill to kill the player you can CC them and beat on them untill they die with them never fighting back. this takes care of it. now the burst FOTOMS are there to expidite said killing to help in winning the WZ's much faster.

The combat system in this game is just too good and fun. Additionally, I have discovered that the ACs of the primary classes all do play significantly different. Exploring the different styles of these ACs is a total blast and worth the price of admission.

Keep in mind that I detest Instanced PvP for the most part (Huttball is the exception), am not a huge fan of the PvP gear grind, and can't stand all the bugs in this game. Yet the combat system and different AC styles are fun enough for me that I keep on subbing.

Yet the combat system and different AC styles are fun enough for me that I keep on subbing.

This is the reason why I keep playing. It's just so aesthetically pleasing to watch the combat in this game. Compared to other MMOs where I have no idea what I'm doing because the animations are too fast or dont do anything unique enough to help me differentiate between the 2 different moves.

I'm not considering unsubbing, but balance is bad and getting worse. I'm generally not one of those "roll-back to (what is it...1.1.5?)" people, but I do remember balance being a little bit more sensible just before 1.2, even if the gearing process was anything but.

At this point, it might be easiest to just reboot the trees instead of trying to correct errors with errors (though Unnatural preservation is a great sorc tool that's invaluable in OPs and should stay right where it's at).

That mara either used the most medpacks in history or they are anni specced since they have 50k healing. Nice try though.

I don't see how else he would get 10k in a single hit. Or why it even matters -- No class should ever hit that hard. Period.

I don't see how else he would get 10k in a single hit. Or why it even matters -- No class should ever hit that hard. Period.

It's called a bug. They did 367 DPS in an 11 minute game. If they were hitting people for 10k, they would have gotten 100k from only 10 hits. Assume they hit 2 people on average with smash, that's 200k on ten uses of smash. Then let's assume they only did these ten smashes in the course of 11 minutes, they managed 44k outside of that. Let's also look at the fact that they did half as much as a sentinel or guardian on the other side in overall damage. If I can smash people for 10k, there is no way anyone is doubling my damage in warzones.

It doesn't matter since this marauder wasn't rage specced to begin with and this was just a bug, but if you want to argue about a class being overpowered, let's take the facts from some significant data.

It's called a bug. They did 367 DPS in an 11 minute game. If they were hitting people for 10k, they would have gotten 100k from only 10 hits. Assume they hit 2 people on average with smash, that's 200k on ten uses of smash. Then let's assume they only did these ten smashes in the course of 11 minutes, they managed 44k outside of that. Let's also look at the fact that they did half as much as a sentinel or guardian on the other side in overall damage. If I can smash people for 10k, there is no way anyone is doubling my damage in warzones.

It doesn't matter since this marauder wasn't rage specced to begin with and this was just a bug, but if you want to argue about a class being overpowered, let's take the facts from some significant data.

Backfills are completely out of the question.