Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

Eillack

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'd rather them go the 3d CGI route of looking more like Starship Troopers Invasion.

Want to see what the CGI looks like, check this link.

That's pretty slick. I would pay full ticket price to see a feature-length movie made by Blur, the studio who did the cinematic trailers for this game and Elder Scrolls.

Does your age range in the teens? I has a sad for you. There is great traditional animation out there to be enjoyed. You should not be so closed-minded and check some out.

As for Pixar over Disney, there is no question. I would even go as far as to say that Pixar is the most original movie house and storytelling studio in Hollywood. They are legit.

Again, not saying that 2D is just boring crap. There are several 2D cartoons that I've very much enjoyed. But I find 3D more engaging because essentially you've got a third dimension to enjoy. That said not all cartoons should strive for 3D, because at times 2D lends itself to the program and changing to 3D would be attempting to try and be something that its not. Different styles call for different mediums. Star Wars however calls for 3D.

That said, photorealist animation is for me a step too far. Like Lucas said animation is an art, not an attempt to mimic real life. Leave that for live action movies and TV. I'm just hoping they stick to the design that they have perfected.

Like really, the quality of animation has improved considerably from Season 1 to 5 in all respects. It would be a real shame to throw all that progress away with a new anime style.

I like the CG and I hope they stick with it, but it is still flat. There's no additional depth for the viewer, so I think it's funny that you guys are talking like there is.

Guess you never watch the original Clone Wars cartoon that existed before TCW rip-off?

Or didn't have a childhood if this is how you think of non "CG "cartoons." I'm sorry, but someone who thinks like this had to be born after 2000 or never had a TV from 1960s to almost today.

Edited by Eillack

Greetings,

Well, one thing is clear, I've love ''The Clone wars'' series, and now ''Rebels'' are creating basically by the same animation group, so I'm looking most forward to see what they have in store for us...

Best regards!.

Greetings,

Well, one thing is clear, I've love ''The Clone wars'' series, and now ''Rebels'' are creating basically by the same animation group, so I'm looking most forward to see what they have in store for us...

Best regards!.

The style will be vastly different. They are talking an art style that is based off of Ralph McQuarrie's original concepts for Star Wars.

The style will be vastly different. They are talking an art style that is based off of Ralph McQuarrie's original concepts for Star Wars.
I wouldn't say so. They never said anything about mimicking his art style exactly which after all is just concept art. Which would be difficult as if you look at the images, there is no distinctive style. They are designed to acts as templates.

And given from that they have said, it looks as if their going to take the 'essence' of his works and translate them into the show, e.g. the lighting, angles, colour etc. and just use it as a springboard for images not seen in the OT.