HM DF/DP Tutorial

Good evening!

My character is finally at the point where people are entertaining the thought of inviting me to their HM DF/DP groups.

Naturally after asking about my gear, they inquire as to whether or not I know my role. I've done sm DF/DP enough times to know each boss and what I'm supposed to do...which I mean, as DPS it's basically kill adds/avoid red circles (intentional oversimplification) but I feel like there's some added complexity to the HM modes.

Is there a good Youtube tutorial? Where should I go to look for a guide to these so I can finally with a great amount of pride say, "YES, I CERTAINLY DO" when I'm asked about my role.

Yes, Dulfy's guides and videos are essentially must-reads for anyone who wants to break into hard mode content where the other players in the group already have plenty of experience with that level of difficulty. You need to bring a solid base level of familiarity with the hard mode version, even if you haven't done it before on that difficulty level, so that you can quickly understand the instructions that are given to you and anticipate the mechanics of the fights.

Hard mode fights have many additional mechanics that are important to understand in order to clear them successfully as compared to story mode. As a DPS, you are often directly responsible for whether the team clears the fight or not by appropriately navigating the mechanics that affect you. As well, because hard mode content is usually run in an 8-man group, there is nowhere to hide and leave the mechanics to other people as in 16-man story mode. The mechanics will make each player step up at different points and take responsibility for the team's success.

Good luck in your hard mode content! I feel as though hard modes are the versions of the fights that the Developers originally designed, whereas story modes are versions that have had parts of the content edited out.

Edited by Levram

Good luck :) YouTube has at least downing vids about everything, and like above poster said Dulfy is must :cool:

I have read those guides so many times thinking "some beautiful day I will..." that I remember every trick of every boss... Techically. Tough I have never dared to try myself fearing I will mezz up so I don't have first-hand knowledge :(

Have fun and kick Corruptor Zero for me :D:cool:

videos are ok, but do as the other dps do, since any boss has tricks and small things to do which aren't in the guides, which basicly just explain mechanics, not the role specific behaviour for each phase of the boss

I would start with reading Dulfy guieds as those are like a bible to most of us here. Once you know the mechanics i would advise to find videos for each fight on youtube from a perspective of your class.

As you are Sentinel i would look for something like:

Nefra HM 8 man sentinel pov

then you can see how people did each fight. you should be able to notice when they used CDs (offensive or defensive) and could try to adopt that.

Good luck and have fun. Once you know the fights you should be fine and i am sure you will enjoy it.