PTS Phase 3 - Operation Balance

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey all,

Phase 3 is now active on PTS. Please head there and test how balance is feeling in all Operations. There have been some changes from Phase 2. All Operations (except Dxun) are now balanced at level 70. This is to address some of the feedback we received in Phase 2, mainly that Operations had gotten substantially easier.

Please report your findings back into this thread. Some key information we are looking for:

• Does a particular class or spec feel too strong? Too weak?
  • Do any of the new abilities feel particularly strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a set bonus that feels too strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a tactical that feels too strong? Too weak?
  • Is there a specific set bonus and tactical combination that is over powered?
  • Are there any encounters that feel out of balance?

Be as specific in your feedback as possible! The questions above are just for guidance, feel free to pass on any feedback you have.

Thanks all!

-eric

Gearing up for serious raid content (hardmare) will take way too long on live. Too much RNG on gear and mods bars optimisation within a reasonable time frame (note: not getting BiS, just having desired stat distribution).

Pretty much everything else has bolster or content is easy enough to make do with whatever gear u got. That is not the case for hardmare raids, where there is a minimum amount of gear needed just to even stand a chance.

This is a giant spit in the face of the raiding community.

Edited by Benirons

i really really really hope they are doing this the right way... if vet and mm ops become easy mode where gear doesnt make a difference, this will break my heart...

maybe someone with BW can post the previous iteration philosophy and how feedback influenced the recent changes and what those recent changes are, and the philosophy that was used to develop such action.

can you confirm that the previous design was to hard cap mastery/power/tech/force power and leave tertiary stats unaffected?

How did you change that (or whatever is was) in the new build?

Edited by dipstik

Missing achievement for 4th boss in Dxun operation !

After killing 4th boss all players has missing the achievment in 8M SM.

It is a bug or it is something that have importance with killing bosses in some order?

Another problem i encountered it is the killing all adds before next boss, it say "secure the spacesport" but nothing happened after we killed all trandoshans.

Screenshot

PS : Another day and another run for new ops ! same bug - Missing achievments for players in Dxun Operation 4th boss !

Edited by Nemurytorul
Another day and another run for new ops ! same bug - Missing achievments for all in Dxun Operation !

Mercenary new spell is useless. It would have been better do something for dps as marauders or sorcerers (a new passive or active stack skill) . Sorcerer boost would be nice, they are too weak defensive (in comparison with other classes) and need more dps not to be abandoned/banned in op group.

Mercenary new ability

2 charges rocket out is garbage. Its even sounds like that cuz for "New" ability mercenary get 2 charges of "old" one. For example u could give mercenary something offensive dmg increase like power yield but without defensive effect. If u want specific - you can give 2 charges of rocket out in some tactical - it will be great and we can play How We Want, but not with new ability - which is supposed to be something …. "new" :rak_02:

Regarding the balance. I hope the healers are getting some changes. The current PTS state is a bit of a joke for healing classes. And that joke is on the sorc. While both merc and op have some worthwhile tacticals, seems sorcs were left out. The only decent tactical that it had got removed sometime in the past few weeks. While in terms of single target sorc is fine, when it comes to AOE potential, it is severely underperfoming. The so-called AOE tactical, is simply not worth it, as the healing increase is minimal, to an ability that already is underperforming. From my experience in Dxun operation, AOE healing is a must as you advance through the bosses, thus making this class useless for the expansion. Either you add some new tacticals, that are actually useful (like the other 2 healing classes) or make some changes to the raw numbers of revivification. In either case, sorc AOE healing potential needs some love.

So, did a DP NiM just now, and I must say, the scaling is not good. The dps requirements are not there, the healing requirements are surely not there, I was able to soloheal all 5 bosses with some rough patches where dtps added up, but no wipes. Think that says it all.

I support syncing all vet and mm operations to lvl 75 since that is the only way to keep them relevant. If operations are down-sync'd to 70, with the current power/master/endurance hardcap it's going to wreak too much havoc on gearing. This one-size-fits-all approach is a really bad shortchange to those of us that come here for group pve content.

The alternative would be to redo the way the level sync works. If it was purely scaled, with no hardcaps, and gearing remained relevant, then I wouldn't mind if non-75 ops were sync'd to 70.

But I don't think that's the best approach - right now the level sync is just not working right. Mobs are too strong, bosses are inconsistent, and gear is essentially irrelevant, removing one of the motivators for running content in the first place, and just generally being frustrating and/or confusing for those of us that try to squeeze the most out of gear, especially in nim. This is not what an MMO should be striving for under any circumstances.

The tech fragment rewards for Dxun seem very low. I ran SM last night on the PTS and the total I received was 450 TF's. Now this is without any mission bonus from a daily or weekly. But it should at least be around 100-150 per boss that drop.

Also there were no set bonus group loot items that dropped. The group loot from the Apex Vanguard was only mats.

The thing I am most concerned with is your thoughts on the many mechanics which will become worthless with level sync.

Is there a plan how you want to make Attack Adrenals, Mastery Stims, Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault viable again? If you want us to use the whole pool of relics/adrenals/stims, ok, but the Items listed above don't work AT ALL with 6.0. Perhaps, these items need a rework to function under level sync. And, honestly, perhaps the other relics/Adrenals simply are too weak to be serious alternatives... Shaking up the relic/Adrenal usage of us DPS player needs more than a simple "These don't work anymore, use those instead".

Furthermore, I see a problem with level sync regarding your new Mod pool. You give us so many options on minmaxing, which I personally do not complain about, but then, all Mastery/Power Adjustments are irrelevant through the sync cap...

So, please look after these problems, and tell us if/how you will fix that.