Quesh, im too low, 3rd time...

tormentuk

I had the same problem and do not feel I am missing/skipping much. I went to Quesh at level 32 but cannot be innoculated by the medical officer so cannot take shuttle to planet. I thought this was a clever way of keeping me from going there with too low a level?

Anyone confirm this (too low level) is why the medical officer at the space port will not give me the necessary vaccine?

Edited by DarthTrekker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how you managed this. The only time I've ever entered a planet "behind" in levels was my fault, because on my first character my healer friend and I intentionally pushed the limit on how far we could get in our class quests. I ended up having to go back and quest on a previous planet/PvP/do Flashpoints to catch up. I can't imagine how you could be underleveled if you didn't intentionally go too far in your class chain.

Even if you did only the normal quests, but you did ALL of them(not counting bonus series) you will be roughly even level with your class quests for almost every planet in this game...

You have to seriously skip content and actively avoid mobs to even manage to underlevel yourself.

This has been my experience as well. Doing ONLY normal/solo story, class, and side-quest content on a planet (so NOT including heroics or any group content, the bonus series, flashpoints, daily space combats, or PvP) will keep you right at appropriate level range. Doing ANY of that additional content quickly puts you ahead of the leveling curve.

I cannot fathom how someone can end up behind the leveling curve unless they are literally doing nothing but their class quests and skipping all other content.

If you are 3 levels below where you should be for Quesh... are you accidentally skipping the 32-36 planet (Taris for Empire, Balmorra for Republic)?

Edited by nezroy

I have the opposite problem just got on hoth and im 41 and got to quesh I was 39 or 40 I've only did a handful of heroics and skip alot more than I would like just to not be over leveled I do the bonus objectives of all the quests but skipped Balmora bonus series since I don't want to be OP in my storyline and pwn npcs 5 lvls below me.. Did warzone a bit got 15 valor and im not even updated on flashpoints.. I really don't know why I seem to be way ahead of my story and others seem to do everything and be behind.

My first character and I just got to Quesh at level 39 and a half. I've done a few flashpoints and probably half the heroics out there but skipped all non-class quests on planets like Tatooine and Balmora. I do a space or pvp daily a few times a week.

You need to do like 95% of the quests on each planet inc bonus series, do flash points, pvp warzones and space combat missions or you will fall behind sadly.

I did no flashpoints, no pvp, space combat for about an hour one day when I was bored, and never fell behind. All I did was quest. But when I quest, I don't find ways to tiptoe around mobs (like so many people do). I go thru them on the way to and back from a quest objective. Nice source of add'l xp.

Oh, and always logged out in a rested area. What little rested xp I had im sure helped.

You need to do like 95% of the quests on each planet inc bonus series, do flash points, pvp warzones and space combat missions or you will fall behind sadly.

no offense, this is a complete bullcrap. i am lvl 42 halfway to 43 on Hoth and almost finished it, already 3 levels above the planet (most mobs are lvl 39). never did bonus series on any planet, skipped 2 planets doing only class quest, did only half of Tatooine, havent grind space missions - occasionally dailies only, skipped some flash points, other did only once. Did plenty of PvP, true, but still, i think if one really does everything you say he will find himself way above leveling curve, and by way above i mean gray planets one by one.

this game offers most comfortable leveling i ever witnessed in an mmo yet.

it has flaws, but leveling is not the one. in fact, it is one of the strongest and well done part of the game.

Look this is going to be my 3rd charator! The only gap i have issues with is going to quesh.. Every other planet, you can keep in range just by doing the odd warfront and space missions.

I don't do flash points, they take too long to get going, don't give anything in return at all.

Leveling is just too fast, to fanny around with instances and heroics.

I didn't do any space missions or PvP and got to Quesh at level 38ish on both characters so you must be missing something out.

I try do every bonus quest I can for the XP and all the heroics and have never under level for any planet.

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...

if you are 5 entire levels too low then you must be doing something very wrong. even with no bonus series/pvp/flashpoints you would be at most only 2 levels behind.

This has been my experience as well. Doing ONLY normal/solo story, class, and side-quest content on a planet (so NOT including heroics or any group content, the bonus series, flashpoints, daily space combats, or PvP) will keep you right at appropriate level range. Doing ANY of that additional content quickly puts you ahead of the leveling curve.

I cannot fathom how someone can end up behind the leveling curve unless they are literally doing nothing but their class quests and skipping all other content.

If you are 3 levels below where you should be for Quesh... are you accidentally skipping the 32-36 planet (Taris for Empire, Balmorra for Republic)?

The attitudes here are a bit to harsh to elaborate.

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem and do not feel I am missing/skipping much. I went to Quesh at level 32 but cannot be innoculated by the medical officer so cannot take shuttle to planet. I thought this was a clever way of keeping me from going there with too low a level?

Anyone confirm this (too low level) is why the medical officer at the space port will not give me the necessary vaccine?

This is a late response, but on my Sith Warrior I also went to Quesh at 32. I did most of the quests and all of the story line up to then of course, and PVPed a little when I was littler. So I PVPed the rest of the level, and was able to get the quest at 33 to get the vaccine and go down to Quesh.

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...

you're in the minority; the majority of players have been outleveling the planets, and all they do are the normal quests.

While I have plenty of problems with leveling in this game, hitting a new planet under level is hard to do.

I dont PvP, never done a Heroic or FP. What I have done is Explore, finished every "bonus" quest(every new area you open up, kill smething to see if there is a Bonus quest), search for Codex stuff.

Also, if I remember right, there are level 30 missions on Nar Shadaa that fill in a gap for leveling.

I find that doing the bonus series on each planet is needed as well as ding any bonus missions that pop up, also keeping your companions affection level high so you can do their missions is good as well.

doing heroics is ok if you can find people to do them but for the most part i tend to skip them and i always seem to be a level or 3 higher then my missions.

I've never gotten to Quesh inside the level range either, but I'm usually two levels above it. Plenty of people have suggested ways for you to get your level up before progressing through the rest of the game. Quesh is also a terrible place to level since there are about 8 missions there.

While I have plenty of problems with leveling in this game, hitting a new planet under level is hard to do.

I dont PvP, never done a Heroic or FP. What I have done is Explore, finished every "bonus" quest(every new area you open up, kill smething to see if there is a Bonus quest), search for Codex stuff.

Also, if I remember right, there are level 30 missions on Nar Shadaa that fill in a gap for leveling.

Flashpoints don't yield a lot of XP and they're not worth the time investment of finding a group and completing it, if all you want is XP. They're fun content, but not worth it in an XP sense.

Heroics, however, are a huge boost for both XP & gear. I definitely suggest trying to get them done. I usually start looking for a group whenever I pick up the mission. I don't sit around and wait, but I try to accumulate people. Also, I jump in a group whenever I see one forming. It's best to do them when you can rather than not doing them at all.

PvP is also a great way to get XP. I suggest giving it a shot.

Space Combat is a great source of XP. Doing the opening missions for new missions can get you upwards of 22,000 XP for a 3-6 minute run.

Sorry but I have taken 3 charaters through Quesh and each time I was at the correct level for the planet.

I do the class quests, secondary quests and all bonus quests I come across, to include the bonus series.

I do not do any space missions, flashpoints, heroics or PvP.

So why you are so low I am not sure but from what you have said the best thought is you have missed something.

As for the XP it is fine.

I will never understand how people manage to have this problem. I have never had this happen. I'm running my 3rd character, I have 2 50s, and this has never happened to me. You can just do the questing and never fall behind. For example....

1. I never do any heroic quests on any planet unless specifically invited by someone else. I don't invite others to go do heroics quests with me. (No, I don't know why I do this, just an old habit left over from older games I think)

2. I never do space missions as I am leveling. I wait until 50, get all the best upgrades, and then do the missions for money, special upgrades, and sheer fun.

3. I never do flashpoints or operations as I level. In fact, I have yet to ever do one at all. I love the leveling process so much, I just feel like leveling alts. When I get tired of that, then maybe I'll do some endgame stuff.

4. I do every non-heroic quest and every bonus quest on every planet.

5. I do bonus series whenever they are available, whether they are tacked on as extras as I am about to leave the planet, or if, like the Alderaan series, you have to come back for it later.

6. I am constantly trying to increase my companions affection in order to unlock companion quests for even more xps.

Following this pattern, for all 3 characters so far, I am always at least 1 level higher than the planet I am about to go to. Usually 2 or 3. I have never once been underleveled when I start a planet.

I make sure to always log out in a rest zone. That helps a ton. On a stealth character, like my Inquisitor, I never use stealth to avoid fights when going from point A to point B. I only use it to get in close to start a fight with a backstab. I never avoid enemies through careful maneuvering either. If there are enemies between me and my destination, I carve through them. Plenty of xps that way.

Do this, and you should never be underleveled for any planet ever. If you actually do participate in space missions, heroic quests, flashpoints, or operations, you may end up overleveling each planet by 4-5 or maybe even more. The only way you will ever end up underleveled for a particular planet is if you skipped too much content on the previous planet. Plain and simple.

Some basic, and hopefully helpful, advice for you, OP. Take it as you will.

Good luck to you.

stop lying.

both on my 50 and my 44 i skipped multiple planets, when i say skipped i mean i skipped every singel quest beside class quest.

On my 50 i skipped belsavis and tattooine..two of the biggest planets around for example.

To the op, if you do just some space missions and a pvp game or 3 its fine, if you just do normal quests and nothing else and quicktravel/avoid mobs during quests then you will be short, this game is not suited for quest speed lvling.