Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

Evuke
02.26.2012 , 09:56 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by CptKloss View Post
i obly liked their Baldur's Gate series... everything else was "blah" to me
i liked the original nwn and baldur's gate series, but that's it, so i didn't have high hopes for tor, a lot can change in ~10 years.

Winteria
02.26.2012 , 09:59 PM | #52
Its not dead yet but Im pretty sure it die the day this release..
Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxeffOuV_5o

Tivel
02.26.2012 , 10:01 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by winteria View Post
its not dead yet but im pretty sure it die the day this release..
Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxeffouv_5o
qft..
Cyran Prime
Sith Sorcerer

rlpirate
02.26.2012 , 10:10 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Winteria View Post
Its not dead yet but Im pretty sure it die the day this release..
Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxeffOuV_5o
yep

people talk about wow killer, well that game is gonna be the swtor killer. After watching some of the action in the end it and thinking about my experiences in ilum i cant wait for my sub to run out lol.
Swtor needs more pvp

Adut
02.26.2012 , 10:10 PM | #55
I have to agree with the posters that say PvP is just a non-starter. 3 Buggy Warzones and a planet where everyone camps on or two laggy spots.

I also have to agree with the poster who said the questing is first rate. Dialogue excellent. What we have here though is not an MMO. It's a single player game with grouping. I was kind of hoping this would be an actual MMO. Had I bought this game off the shelf as a single player game, I would have been quite happy with it.

I've had fun, but got up to 50 and pvp queues take longer and longer to get a good game.

I don't think SWTOR will die, it will just get down to a population of hard core fanbois, servers will consolidate and since the monthly income will decline, there won't be budget for the addition of a lot of new features.

I do have to say though that I am seeing the trend. Most of the people in our guild have moved on to other games, light server loads, the xfire numbers would only confirm what I am seeing when I play the game.

For me, it's just not fun anymore, and I'm out. May dip my head in from time to time, but I'll throw this on the pile with the rest of the also-rans.
Noobs ain't gonna pwn themselves

Ozzone
02.26.2012 , 10:14 PM | #56
They need to start merging servers. There has been a noticeable dropoff in end game active players. However, using fleet as an accurate gauge is wrong. Lots of people are playing lower level alts and are scattered around on different planets and FPs/WZs. Even still numbers are dropping in prime time.

They need to come up with a viable way to allow some empire players to re-roll republic to balance out because there's still major imbalance across many servers. Merging them is going to be even more noticeable.
Rumor has it that Operatives/Scoundrels have been nerfed more and faster than any class in MMO history. Well playing one it feels like it.

shotgun-clavy
02.26.2012 , 10:14 PM | #57
wow GW2 does look like its gona be fun! go the pvp!

ilifus
02.26.2012 , 10:31 PM | #58
I think the game is dying. I am PvP officer of a PvP/PvE guild and what i see is:

- PvE players log in 1-2 days per week for raiding
- PvP players with BM gear do not login at all.
- PvP players fresh BM login only for daily quest.
- New lv 50 stay actually a lil longer after they make their daily, but still talking how bored they are.

Population on the fleet is now half the numbers from what it was. Warzone queues longer..

Then you have to ask yourself why is that?

1. Warzones - BMs see no point to play cause they are not much of a challenge to them. No full premades not rated games. Also after 3-4 games they all feel bored from doing the same thing.

2. World PvP - This is something that most of players find a joke here. Only wpvp is in Ilum and if their plan was to make the worst wpvp in MMO history i think they did it:

-no faction balance
- no point (only daily quest)
- fights are only caping the republic players
- lag of objectives with rewards all around the map and more starting bases to slit the people from that insane lag fest

Sadly BioWare are to blind to make a major changes and bring people to their game, cause world PvP is different every time and you do not get bored quickly.

3. Arena - some people like to see this in TOR. I am actually ok with it as long as there is no 2v2 cause it's hard to balance.

* Game engine suck and it needs a lot of work!

And most important thing is BioWare are doing not much to change the game to profit. As a Star Wars and BioWare fan all this is shocking to me - how is that possible?

Those people from EA need to spend some money for their game or else things are going bad. I just hope people on top stop being blind and help the game, so they help them self and find profit.
BioWare stole my knock down!

Jaidan
02.26.2012 , 10:32 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Kromzor View Post
Except for World of Warcraft, and EVE.
eve is the only mmo to consistently and steadily increase its subscription base every month since its release.

wow had a huge spike at its initial release... then it only saw significant population changes when xpacs were released. since wrath it saw a steady decline prior to cataclysm, which stabilized it, and it has since been declining once again.

not sure why eve is successfully drawing in new players on a steady basis where others aren't.

it might be because its a sandbox type game, maybe its because of the cutthroat nature of its gameplay, or the in-game economy. it could also be because of the way every xpac ccp produces is free.

whatever the reason, i personally think eve is the best mmo ive played yet... but it just takes too much time to excel in for me to justify paying the monthly fee (i can't get on enough to feel like ive accomplished anything of value in it).

Noctournys
02.26.2012 , 10:48 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
No, your comment exposed your own willful ignorance and complete ineptitude.

It's in the game. They already developed it. Pulling this "You're too impatient! You have to wait for them to finish working on it" nonsense is just that - nonsense.

IT WAS IN BETA. IT WORKED IN BETA. What is there to wait for!?
I told you.

you should learn to read.

It doesnt matter that it was already in the game. Once it came out, to go back in, it had to pass through their proceedures.

Period.

There is no discussion. No amount of raging, nothing, that will alter this fact. Corporations do things by the system, particularly software developers. The fact that the code is 100% complete is meaningless. Try to grasp that.

It will still spend weeks or months going through internal QA, testing, test builds, all sorts of stuff.

WATCH the video preview of Patch 1.2 from WEEKS ago - the movable/scalable UI..

ALREADY WORKS.

They SHOW them using it.

That wont change the fact it isnt going to be in the game until it passes through the system.

Period.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11