Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

iLLaDeLpHLife
02.28.2012 , 12:21 PM | #531
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post
Blizzard Entertainment.

There was a fairly big thread of people complaining that Blizzard never listened to the forums, and they were evil and stupid and the usual stuff, and ... Tigerclaw, who no longer works there, posted the actual forum metrics.

Less than 5% of active WoW Accounts (it wasnt merged with Bnet back then) had ever posted so much as a single post on the forums, ever.

The number who p osted a second post, ever, went down below 2%.

The numbers are pretty universal when it comes to large games and their forum communities.
Been saying this for the longest. These idiots don't wanna hear it though. Of u don't agree wit them you are trolling

SirRobin
02.28.2012 , 12:25 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by iLLaDeLpHLife View Post
Been saying this for the longest. These idiots don't wanna hear it though. Of u don't agree wit them you are trolling
Though the same thing could be said of the ones who leave a game. The vast majority won't post or warn or any such thing. They just leave. So where should the developers look to find out why people are leaving their game?

EternalFinality
02.28.2012 , 12:36 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post
Blizzard Entertainment.

There was a fairly big thread of people complaining that Blizzard never listened to the forums, and they were evil and stupid and the usual stuff, and ... Tigerclaw, who no longer works there, posted the actual forum metrics.

Less than 5% of active WoW Accounts (it wasnt merged with Bnet back then) had ever posted so much as a single post on the forums, ever.

The number who p osted a second post, ever, went down below 2%.

The numbers are pretty universal when it comes to large games and their forum communities.
And the lurking statistics?

StrikePrice
02.28.2012 , 12:56 PM | #534

SirRobin
02.28.2012 , 01:03 PM | #535
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
Now now, that's hardly "all signs." A 3.6, out of five, star average after 481 reviews isn't that bad at all.

StrikePrice
02.28.2012 , 01:15 PM | #536
Quote: Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
Now now, that's hardly "all signs." A 3.6, out of five, star average after 481 reviews isn't that bad at all.
I was thinking that it's bad that it hit the bargain bin after only two months.

Haeso
02.28.2012 , 01:18 PM | #537
Quote: Originally Posted by dschlan View Post
I heard they're fixing it in Ilum by not having some of the guns shoot...cause, you know, THAT'S the real problem
You heard wrong - they're fixing it by making sure there's never a reason for anyone to go there.

R.I.P world PvP. Not really looking forward to gw2 but guess I'll give it a try, maybe Tera. Everything I'm actually looking forward to is probably a year or two out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Payneful View Post
tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

Erasimus
02.28.2012 , 01:18 PM | #538
Quote: Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
^This plus #5 seller in all video games and #2 in PC games on Amazon. Hardly dead or dying yet.
"Give light and the darkness will disappear of itself."

EternalFinality
02.28.2012 , 01:21 PM | #539
Quote: Originally Posted by Erasimus View Post
^This plus #5 seller in all video games and #2 in PC games on Amazon. Hardly dead or dying yet.
He's referring to the price drop of a AAA title 3 months after it came out.

SirRobin
02.28.2012 , 01:24 PM | #540
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
I was thinking that it's bad that it hit the bargain bin after only two months.
Well it isn't great news, that's for sure. However, it looks like its still mostly $49. Things are different nowadays. Shelf life for games isn't anywhere near as long as it used to be. So I expect the price to drop. Its a pay-to-play game so getting them in the door is just as important as getting them to keep playing.

If a price drop helps get more in the door...