Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

Jebi
02.26.2012 , 09:36 PM | #41
Huttball.
Crate clicking + kill trading.
RNG gear.

This game has such lasting appeal, who in their right mind would leave?!

Game can't be dying!!!!!!!!!! LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maticlandarr
02.26.2012 , 09:37 PM | #42
It does not take months for a new feature to be added. Yes there is an inflexible pipeline for all assets and features. But to say it takes months is just silly.

As for the combat log i always assumed they left it out so as not to confuse the casuals with all those numbers.

dschlan
02.26.2012 , 09:39 PM | #43
Why would they not launch with a Combat Log? Same reason they screwed up everything else: They have no place in the MMO world. Bioware should have just stuck to RPGs.

CptKloss
02.26.2012 , 09:40 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by douglaslives View Post
if you dont add competitve pvp it is completely dead but hey they made their money back already i am sure
nah... they made 70m on box sales + 30m for the 2 months of subs...

still 100m just to break even. (they still have to pay for the full team currently working on the new content) - if subs drop below 0.5m they will probably never make their money back. (expecially if you count all the money making opportuities lost, by parking 200m in this game for 5 years)
"Please tell me Kenny is blowing up a man-shaped balloon"

rlpirate
02.26.2012 , 09:44 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by douglaslives View Post
if you dont add competitve pvp it is completely dead but hey they made their money back already i am sure
adding ranks to pvp changes nothing. Its still the same 3 wz's with the same people.
Swtor needs more pvp

maticlandarr
02.26.2012 , 09:44 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by dschlan View Post
Why would they not launch with a Combat Log? Same reason they screwed up everything else: They have no place in the MMO world. Bioware should have just stuck to RPGs.
This. And i didnt even like most of their single player rpgs aside from kotor. Too much story not enough interesting gameplay.

CptKloss
02.26.2012 , 09:47 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by maticlandarr View Post
This. And i didnt even like most of their single player rpgs aside from kotor. Too much story not enough interesting gameplay.
i obly liked their Baldur's Gate series... everything else was "blah" to me
"Please tell me Kenny is blowing up a man-shaped balloon"

Lucinn
02.26.2012 , 09:50 PM | #48
It is dropping fast. I've never seen anything like it. This is a game people were waiting to play for 4 years and i think by the end of the month they will loose 1/2 of there subs. Our guild came to play we had 40 people come over there are only 3 of us left and we all canceled our subs this month. It's sad I really wanted this game to be great but the pvp is just really bad.

dschlan
02.26.2012 , 09:52 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucinn View Post
It is dropping fast. I've never seen anything like it. This is a game people were waiting to play for 4 years and i think by the end of the month they will loose 1/2 of there subs. Our guild came to play we had 40 people come over there are only 3 of us left and we all canceled our subs this month. It's sad I really wanted this game to be great but the pvp is just really bad.
Exactly. We all wanted the game to be amazing. Hell, for a while I thought it was the best MMO ever and was a fanboi. The sad fact is, once you get past your initial feelings of excitement/fanboiness (pretty sure the fanbois are the only defenders left) and the "new and shiny" feeling, this game is really very far from a quality MMO.

EternalFinality
02.26.2012 , 09:55 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by dschlan View Post
Exactly. We all wanted the game to be amazing. Hell, for a while I thought it was the best MMO ever and was a fanboi. The sad fact is, once you get past your initial feelings of excitement/fanboiness (pretty sure the fanbois are the only defenders left) and the "new and shiny" feeling, this game is really very far from a quality MMO.
It's more like...once you get to 50 you realize there's no story left and no way that Bioware could ever hope to sustain the quality of the 1-50 experience for years (not to mention decades) to come?

After 5 years development they produced a month of content. This worked fine for Dragon Age Origins. Not gonna work for an MMO.