Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

Aepervius
02.27.2012 , 08:45 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Turlinde View Post
Is SWTOR dying? Ques are longer and longer. So many of the good players that I levelled with never log in anymore it seems. Republic fleet on mt server used to have over 100 toons at off hours, and now its mainly 20-30. My server Helm of Garush was one of the top 5 population servers at one point. Now it seems more and more like a Ghostown.

What's going on?
I think some people (like me) might see the game as very good, but coming to a certain level see the flaw and simply decided to wait for the game to be better. That does not mean the game is dying, on the contrary I think if the game engine allows it , it has an enormous potential open to it.

There might also have been a steady erosion because school/finals/life.

Come summer, and a few big update from BW, I betcha that number will spike up again.
Tempus Fugit : Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat Ergo Memento Mori .

Rallic
02.27.2012 , 08:49 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Delease View Post
Sure the pop decreased. This happens with alot of new games. Sadly though with how alot of people are now ( impatient a.d.d. riddled ) no MMO is going to survive.

I blame WoW for this. As much as people bash the game, it also set a standard for what new mmo gamers expect in a launch MMO. They expect 5+ years of WoW type content crammed into whatever new mmo is being launched.

Same thing is going to happen with GW2 & whatever new mmo comes along. Its the new breed of 'gamers' that are causing this.

Happens with single player games even. Game B is released with a good amount of content, long storyline, side quests, etc. Mass of 'gamers' rush out and power through the game in a week, then complain @ the company for not releasing more content sooner.
What? Lol wow was trash at launch.
SWTOR is dieing , wow has nothing to do with it.
SWTOR is ding because BW/EA has no clue it seams.
ToA in DAoC mythic
War EA/Mythic
UO EA

The list of games EA has jacked up is longer but I think you get the point.
SWTOR has from a pvpers poi.t of view a grate pve system. But the PvP is a joke .
EA could of added a DAoC PvP system that players would of loved , we got Illum , just sad.
2 faction system after what they seen in war. They knew the war team was bad but used them any ways.
You would have to be brain dead as a developer, producer to not see that war died because of the dev team.
My question is why would Ea use a dev team that added ToA to DAoC the xpac that killed that game. move them to war and let them kill it before it even got off of the ground, then have that same team do pv in SWTOR?

SWTOR is as doomed as war was. Has all along. We just won't it not to be. I did any ways.but pve as cool as it is....not all a game needs to be.

We need PvP not some war zone. DAoC style PvP with a balanced faction system ie 3 factions.
We need a pve system for the pver.
Pve player most of them any ways, PvP at least some.
And
PvP players most of them pve at least some.
You can not leave one or the other and be a top hit MMO. It takes both.

ohnam
02.27.2012 , 08:52 AM | #133
I believe its dying because there is not enough "War" in the Star Wars.

They bet on the wrong pillar, story is not enough, game play is king.

Also Bounty Hunter and Smugglers should have been their own faction.

Bloodylittle
02.27.2012 , 08:54 AM | #134
Go watch IGN's WvW video from "That other Game" beta weekend and you can see why this game's pvp is dying/dead. That game puts this one to shame as far as PvP design is concerned.

Bioware's non-focus on end game pvp has been its downfall.

People wanna PvP in today's age. Period.
<3

SirRobin
02.27.2012 , 08:54 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by CptKloss View Post
well, WAR had and stil has infinitely better PvP than this game tho...
WAR's RvR had its good points and bad but, yeah, better than what we've got here. Then again WAR was a PvP game so to speak. So it was much more a part of the core design than it was for this game.

Xsorus
02.27.2012 , 09:18 AM | #136
You can't blame Mythic for this game's screw ups, Mythic didn't make an engine that can only handle 8v8 and anything past that cause the fps on even the best computer to dip to 10 fps.

What little of Mythic that's left has been working on WAR and that Wrath of Heroes game.

Hell ilum itself wouldn't be horrible (it'd be a great open world pvp zone to have fights in) if it wasn't for the massive engine failure and the horrendous lag.

Until they fix that lag, the pvp in this game will be pointless.

CptKloss
02.27.2012 , 09:24 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
WAR's RvR had its good points and bad but, yeah, better than what we've got here. Then again WAR was a PvP game so to speak. So it was much more a part of the core design than it was for this game.
yeah, but... i expected them to provide full pve and pvp experience end-game. it's painfully not the case... they got my $90... hey, dont spend it all in one place!
"Please tell me Kenny is blowing up a man-shaped balloon"

Kaptain_Kabul
02.27.2012 , 09:28 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Gformutorila View Post
EVE, warhammer online are both dead.

So what do we have left?

EvE is not dead... geez. It has grown since start. it grows slow but steady.

And is right now the second most successful subscriber based game behind WoW.
While much smaller in comparison to WoW, it still going well for such an old lady.

Iriestx
02.27.2012 , 09:37 AM | #139
Is it dying?

I have no idea, as I don't have their internal subscription numbers. What I do know is that the two servers I played on have steadily declined week after week. I also know that I closed my account last week. There's only so much Huttball and bugged PvE/Ilum that can keep me interested.

Personally, I wouldn't bother to keep this game installed, even if it was free-to-play. Watching GW2 press beta videos gave me more enjoyment than my post-50 play did in SWTOR.
<Insert Stupid ASCII Lightsaber Here>

SirRobin
02.27.2012 , 09:44 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
EvE is not dead... geez. It has grown since start. it grows slow but steady.

And is right now the second most successful subscriber based game behind WoW.
While much smaller in comparison to WoW, it still going well for such an old lady.
Tried EVE and it was not my kind of game but, last I heard, its still one of the more successful pay-to-play games.