Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

Screaming_Ziva

The silence from Bioware on gear issues from 5.10 is ridiculous. There are two major issues with gear right now:

https://imgur.com/a/TzELWea

#1 - Mods and Enhancements are bound to a particular piece of gear (ie main hand, chest, etc). I understand the armoring pieces being piece bound but mods and enhancements being bound makes zero sense and doesn't allow anyone to min / max their gear.

#2 - The new set pieces do not mix and match with the old set pieces. Now, we basically have to farm six new pieces of gear before we can upgrade any of our armorings.

Whose brilliant ideas where these?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called "Company Centric", The company does entirely what they want and what the customer likes/ wants doesn't matter. BW rarely changes what's already done even the GC and small guild problems despite all those complaints only made small (inconsequential) changes.

The silence from Bioware on gear issues from 5.10 is ridiculous. There are two major issues with gear right now:

https://imgur.com/a/TzELWea

#1 - Mods and Enhancements are bound to a particular piece of gear (ie main hand, chest, etc). I understand the armoring pieces being piece bound but mods and enhancements being bound makes zero sense and doesn't allow anyone to min / max their gear.

#2 - The new set pieces do not mix and match with the old set pieces. Now, we basically have to farm six new pieces of gear before we can upgrade any of our armorings.

Whose brilliant ideas where these?

They were told about this on the PTS and ignored it then too. The only conclusion is they meant it to be this way to make the grind even harder and longer.

What they don’t realise is people are leaving because it’s a ******** decision and we are all sick of them ignoring overwhelming player feed back on BAD ideas.

Alternately, they're ignoring it because 95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

Do not mistake "loud" for "numerous" when it comes to the player base.

Personally getting some 252 something or other (probably a weapon or offhand if its using stuff I'm choosing since those have the biggest effect on tech/force power) just from doing regular content will be a nice bonus, but I honestly couldn't care less about gear that's going to be obsolete the moment 6.0 drops with five more levels and minimum 260 rating green quality drops for the new content.

Alternately, they're ignoring it because 95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

Personally getting some 252 something or other (probably a weapon or offhand if its using stuff I'm choosing since those have the biggest effect on tech/force power) just from doing regular content will be a nice bonus, but I honestly couldn't care less about gear that's going to be obsolete the moment 6.0 drops with five more levels and minimum 260 rating green quality drops for the new content.

If that was the case, why would Musco post yesterday in response to this

Anything on the set bonus issues (old one and new one not stacking correctly)

The team is actively investigating this right now. If it is working that way it is definitely not intended. I will pass on details as I have them.

-eric

I didn’t see that post post before the one I made earlier. So it shows they are listening, but communication is not flowing to us or back to the team in a smooth way.

The problem with the set bonuses was brought up on the pts and should never have gone live if it wasn’t intended. So they either didn’t get the feed back because communication is poor or they tried to slip it through and are only back tracking because of the push back from the player base.

So we need to keep pushing for them to fix the rest. They’ve been silent on what is and isn’t intended as far as mods and enhancements, so how do we know if that’s intended or also a bug?

If we aren’t loud and push them for answers or changes, they ignore them, even if they are bugs and then the bug ends up being an intended feature. Which isnt good for the game if it pisses players off enough to leave.

Just because you don’t care and there aren’t as many posters as before, doesn’t mean a majority or people aren’t pissed at this system. But don’t worry, us “loud” people are here as a voice for those not capable (non subs) or those who never post on the forums.

Being apathetic to bad changes lets the game die faster. If people who obviously care don’t post at their displeasure and only people like yourself who don’t care post, Bioware thinks they are doing a good job.

Let me finish by saying there is no date on when or even if 6.0 is confirmed. The last pod cast had Musco and Charlie’s change their language from there will be a 6.0 to “hypothetically” if there is a 6.0.

That doesn’t bode well for the game.

Even if there ends up being a 6.0, it won’t be before this time next year. That’s 12 months at least till the “green” gear will appear. What are pvpers or ops guys supposed to do till then? Just put up with a broken gearing system or leave the game?

Other issues with the gear system are that there is no way to get Ossus reputation from warzone (unranked) missions, and that a long gear grind causes more imbalance in pvp. Ironically, this about new gear pieces not stacking with t4 set boni means more balanced pvp games for a longer time (until people start getting 6 pieces).

95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

On my server at least there is plenty of unranked pvp going. If BW had given up on pvp, they wouldn't have given us a new huttball map and a new arena map.

Edited by Neulwen

Other issues with the gear system are that there is no way to get Ossus reputation from warzone (unranked) missions, and that a long gear grind causes more imbalance in pvp. Ironically, this about new gear pieces not stacking with t4 set boni means more balanced pvp games for a longer time (until people start getting 6 pieces).

On my server at least there is plenty of unranked pvp going. If BW had given up on pvp, they wouldn't have given us a new huttball map and a new arena map.

Pvp is popping less at the times I play on SF since 5.10 was released. I get more pvp in the pvp Ossus instance than I do in the queue.

Pvp is popping less at the times I play on SF since 5.10 was released. I get more pvp in the pvp Ossus instance than I do in the queue.

It pops less than it used to here on DM too, because now pvpers have to farm pve dailies and world bosses etc. :/ But there's still plenty of it going.

Edit: Maybe another week, when the rotating mission won't be a pvp one, there'll be even less... Either way, I don't think that's because there aren't enough pvpers.

Edited by Neulwen

It pops less than it used to here on DM too, because now pvpers have to farm pve dailies and world bosses etc. :/ But there's still plenty of it going.

Edit: Maybe another week, when the rotating mission won't be a pvp one, there'll be even less... Either way, I don't think that's because there aren't enough pvpers.

Yeah, I agree. I think when the rotating mission isn’t pvp it will be less.

I believe I see the impact more because I already played at a slower time of day and pops weren’t as fast. But they’ve newrly double in time between them.

People are also quitting matches as soon as they get their 8 medals. That is definitely affecting pops because people get the ***** and stop queueing.

Bioware really need to fix it so that reward isn’t achieved until the end of the match

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Its called "Company Centric", The company does entirely what they want and what the customer likes/ wants doesn't matter. BW rarely changes what's already done even the GC and small guild problems despite all those complaints only made small (inconsequential) changes.

This is really what it boils down to. ^

On a personal side note, I was given 3 programs listed as potential files I could move to garbage today! SWTOR was one of them, after 2 months of not logging in my antivirus correctly identified SWTOR rofl.

They were told about this on the PTS and ignored it then too. The only conclusion is they meant it to be this way to make the grind even harder and longer.

What they don’t realise is people are leaving because it’s a ******** decision and we are all sick of them ignoring overwhelming player feed back on BAD ideas.

There you hit the nail on the head to make it Harder and Longer. They are hoping it keep us busy while they put us in another period of no content after a short really short really really *********** short story update. I think it will have the opposite effect and drive more away.

Eric stated meanwhile that it is not intended, at least the stick to slot thing. Not even sure if he is aware about the 2nd part of this issue. He should be though because both things were reported on the PTS already. The question remains why was it not fixed prior to release?!

There you hit the nail on the head to make it Harder and Longer. They are hoping it keep us busy while they put us in another period of no content after a short really short really really *********** short story update. I think it will have the opposite effect and drive more away.

And this stupid grind for content philosophy won’t work with anyone whose got a brain or played the game longer than 5 mins. All they are doing is making people hate the game they once loved and driving new people away when they realise how ridiculous the grind is.

It’s ridiculous to imagine they are all that stupid. There must be someone on the team who understands the larger negative affect this will have vs “their idea” of positive. We need those sensible people to help us push back against this terrible idea and get it fixed.

Eric stated meanwhile that it is not intended, at least the stick to slot thing. Not even sure if he is aware about the 2nd part of this issue. He should be though because both things were reported on the PTS already. The question remains why was it not fixed prior to release?!

Yes, he’s said they are aware of the set bonus thing. But he’s been completely silent on the Mods and enhancements slot problem.

Even so, all of this was on the PTS. Why did the set bonus bug even go live after it was reported?

And like you said, the slot issue was also reported on the PTS. But it has also been repeated about 30+ times across more than 5 threads. So they must have seen it by now or they aren’t reading the threads or even the ones they started because the slot issue was asked about multiple times in Musco’s own thread he said the set bo us was a bug.

They either need to acknowledge it’s a bug or man the **** up and tell us it’s intended. Silence on the issue is not helping them one bit.

And this stupid grind for content philosophy won’t work with anyone whose got a brain or played the game longer than 5 mins. All they are doing is making people hate the game they once loved and driving new people away when they realise how ridiculous the grind is.

It’s ridiculous to imagine they are all that stupid. There must be someone on the team who understands the larger negative affect this will have vs “their idea” of positive. We need those sensible people to help us push back against this terrible idea and get it fixed.

It sure does feel like this for all aspects of this franchise. I grew up on starwars and being let down has become the norm.

Edited by kirorx

They are silent because it's working as intended. They made deliberate changes to the gearing system intentionally making it a super grind seeing they had no new content to add. I don't understand all the confusion here tbh. Edited by Lhancelot

For about 1 week after they raised the bolster, is the best time to PvP. Pvp with everyone having the same level of gear is EPIC. That is probably why there have been some matches. But really, it will start to degrade week by week after that as those of us who have totally given up even trying to get 5.10 gear stop PvPing completely until 6.0 comes out.

And really, if there are less forum threads complaining about this then there were in previous gearing changes may be partly due to a couple of reasons:

1.) Every new gearing system is so complicated, it takes awhile for people to realize how messed up it is.

2.) There are only 3 of us still left playing the game, how many posts do you think we can make?

Edited by Stellarcrusade

For about 1 week after they raised the bolster, is the best time to PvP. Pvp with everyone having the same level of gear is EPIC.

This time it will be 3 weeks because no one can get 258 gear yet.

What is amusing is how bad some of the old gear gods are who use to say how good they were. Now gearing is mostly equal for all, games are closer and more challenging for everyone involved. This is the way pvp should be. Skill vs skill and not gear vs gear.

Except when they do their next "balancing"pass they will be looking at parses of people in full augmented 258s. They will nerf everyone because these people are doing what the devs consider "too much" DPS. It has happened before, they will do it again. If you dont have 258 gear at that point you will be out of luck.

Biowart does not care. at all. They will release what they want to release and hope for the best. When they reach the point of closing they will blame the players. I am thinking Musco is told what he can say and when and they figure we will just live with what we are given. Many of us will not stick around for buggy grindy 6.0

This time it will be 3 weeks because no one can get 258 gear yet.

What is amusing is how bad some of the old gear gods are who use to say how good they were. Now gearing is mostly equal for all, games are closer and more challenging for everyone involved. This is the way pvp should be. Skill vs skill and not gear vs gear.

I've noticed this also. It must really bug those players who are "all-gear no skill" that were doing just fine before the bolster went up, hahahaha. Plus the casuals have more of a chance to contribute because only their skill is their disadvantage, not skill+gear.