Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Some Bantha PooDoo Nerf Herding Hutt Scum is taking level 50 characters names from origin servers ( at least mine ) and making characters on destination servers in order to sell the names back to their original owners, which is pretty close to extortion or exaction, this happened in WoW and now its happening here.

I won't use this service because I am unable to keep the names I was attached too. I had alot of high hopes for this game, years of following development. Now, I just don't know.

:csw_deathstar:

Do you have a link? Report them.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 124-126 servers. 4 of them are standard+

so that leaves about 120'ish servers that are extremely light or dead

they have listed about 9 servers for transfer... this is going to take a very very very long time

They started slow to gauge server load. They have said it will take less than a week to get to all of them. Please lets stop with the "if they stay at the current rate" because the aren't going to "stay at the current rate".

McDonalds? You must not be old enough to drink...

I am, I just don't.

Honestly, this is turning into the early access charlie foxtrot all over.... having entire groups of people waiting for the magic word that says they can transfer (or if they are a destination server, that they'll soon be getting new friends).

COLOR][/size]

The initial character transfer service is now available, allowing qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers. This character transfer service will be available as long as is required to help maintain population balance across the service and create a better overall gameplay experience. Select servers will be eligible for free character transfers based on the player populations of the origin and destination servers.

Read More

:mad::( Really?? Seriously? That's it?!?! My hopes were high as I'm on two of the lowest population servers. I should say D e A d. Hanharr and Col. Tobin.

So for all the lvling on toons from both factions we wait until...OH I get it Until We Unsub. Well heck I can do that you should've just asked.

Damn people, calm down they have already added 5 more servers to the list since this morning. We will all get the chance to transfer

Not in your on Lord Calypto server, apparently it's more important to maintain server types than offer the option to people to move off the only english RP-PVP server.

Hey Bioware now that the 40 players from all 18 of those servers have had time to transfer their 8 characters to their new server how bout you guys open up more servers? Specifically Port Nowhere please:P

Epic.... Get it trollin'!

This for once, is a good one...:D

Merge servers, allow transfers for those of us who decided to move to another server to have other people to play with and move on. This is insane. Period.

Agreed. This has become really stupid. I'm not going to get angry, Just even. :mad:

COLOR][/size]

:mad::( Really?? Seriously? That's it?!?! My hopes were high as I'm on two of the lowest population servers. I should say D e A d. Hanharr and Col. Tobin.

So for all the lvling on toons from both factions we wait until...OH I get it Until We Unsub. Well heck I can do that you should've just asked.

Click the read more... they aren't done adding servers. They are phasing them in over the next week. Patience.

I'm glad that there is a slow pacing to this. It's given me time to clear mail boxes, and Galactic Market listings.

Got my alternate names list ready, and my alternate Legacy last names list as well.

Hoping I'm origin, but ready to transfer.

Take all the time you need Bioware, I shall patently wait.

:jawa_angel:

Edited by JediElf

well... you reap what you sow, if you went to a rp-pvp server you should have expected it to go dead after a while, rp servers in general usually drop about 50-70% of the people on them after a few months of launch historically, mainly because its focused on rp and not so much the PVE or PVP. granted mine ceased to be RP about 3 months ago lol. vrook lamar needs more people bad so hopefully you can xfer to our server though its not a pvp server you can still flag for it and go about your business as usual

This is yet another example of how awful BW is at this. BW, lord love you but, you simply can't make a decent decision on so many things it's basically become a joke at this point.

I don't think I have ever (until this game) seen such a massive amount of things to continually irritate a customer base like BW has done since launch. This is self destruction on a very large scale. Since launch you have lost what.....?.......like half your customers? You continue to bleed subs because you continue doing things that irritate the heck out of your paying customers. It's sad really.

BW started this game off by telling people where they were going to be playing("assigning" guilds to servers). :rolleyes:

Paying customers do NOT want to be "told" how to experience the game. I surely don't.:mad:

At any rate, this is going to become another one of BW's "little wrinkles" and "halfway" efforts that irritate the living **** out of some people and alienate another segment of their quickly dwindling population. I am absolutely astounded they still, 6 months later, haven't learned to stop pissing so many people off with almost everything they do. It's borderline amazing how consistently their decisions irritate such large chunks of the population....it's almost as if it's being done on purpose.(yes i know that's a ridiculous statement but, seriously, it does "seem" that way from the outside looking in) It's like they make their decisions to cater to the ease and QoL for their staff as opposed to their customers. Truly creating a legacy of failures at this point.:confused:

This certainly is not the best game ever made. Certainly not the most fun I've ever had gaming. BUT.....There is almost nothing out there that is better than this game right now(my opinion only obviously) and yet....people are still leaving in droves, literally entire guilds at a time? Why? How? What would/could possibly be attributed to this consistent exit of customers on a 6 month old game?

I know what is likely going to be the reason I end up leaving......I'll finally get sick of being irritated by them and stop giving them my money. Frankly, I'm only waiting on GW2 to see what my SWTOR lifespan is going to be.....D3 with no PVP is of zero interest to me so GW2 is all I see. Tera does not look better than SWTOR and nothing about it has swayed me to try it, so here I am, stuck as BW's pin cushion until GW2 gets a shot at my money. So very very sad that I'm only still here cuz there's nothing else right now, so I'm here by default only.....I wonder just how many others are like me....

/irritated by the manner of implementation of transfers

Click the read more... they aren't done adding servers. They are phasing them in over the next week. Patience.

That is the big issue I believe, we get attached to the names of our toons and don't want to be forced into a new name.

It may help stop some flaming if they just whipped out the big list...we know they have one...and an approximate time frame.

Well, I dunno about others but that would stop me from being on this page.

Patience is a virtue. My server is like 3 people on republic fleet at any given time day or night and not on the list. I'm just waiting for ours to pop up. I would rather have them work out all the bugs with the first batch then open up more. Smart move imo.

Ok for all those people whining and crying about server transfers.....if you are not happy with how this is going...hit the my account button and unsub till you get what your looking for....if BW see that people are unsubbing then they may act upon it.

Otherwise i suggest you quit the crying whining and wait for your server to come up

This is yet another example of how awful BW is at this. BW, lord love you but, you simply can't make a decent decision on so many things it's basically become a joke at this point.

I don't think I have ever (until this game) seen such a massive amount of things to continually irritate a customer base like BW has done since launch. This is self destruction on a very large scale. Since launch you have lost what.....?.......like half your customers? You continue to bleed subs because you continue doing things that irritate the heck out of your paying customers. It's sad really.

BW started this game off by telling people where they were going to be playing("assigning" guilds to servers). :rolleyes:

Paying customers do NOT want to be "told" how to experience the game. I surely don't.:mad:

At any rate, this is going to become another one of BW's "little wrinkles" and "halfway" efforts that irritate the living **** out of some people and alienate another segment of their quickly dwindling population. I am absolutely astounded they still, 6 months later, haven't learned to stop pissing so many people off with almost everything they do. It's borderline amazing how consistently their decisions irritate such large chunks of the population....it's almost as if it's being done on purpose.(yes i know that's a ridiculous statement but, seriously, it does "seem" that way from the outside looking in) It's like they make their decisions to cater to the ease and QoL for their staff as opposed to their customers. Truly creating a legacy of failures at this point.:confused:

This certainly is not the best game ever made. Certainly not the most fun I've ever had gaming. BUT.....There is almost nothing out there that is better than this game right now(my opinion only obviously) and yet....people are still leaving in droves, literally entire guilds at a time? Why? How? What would/could possibly be attributed to this consistent exit of customers on a 6 month old game?

I know what is likely going to be the reason I end up leaving......I'll finally get sick of being irritated by them and stop giving them my money. Frankly, I'm only waiting on GW2 to see what my SWTOR lifespan is going to be.....D3 with no PVP is of zero interest to me so GW2 is all I see. Tera does not look better than SWTOR and nothing about it has swayed me to try it, so here I am, stuck as BW's pin cushion until GW2 gets a shot at my money. So very very sad that I'm only still here cuz there's nothing else right now, so I'm here by default only.....I wonder just how many others are like me....

/irritated by the manner of implementation of transfers

you realise when WoW came out they completely re-worked the whole combat system and class system to what it is known by today right? many games have issues in their first year regardless of time money or company, get used to it, if you are going to guild wars then shut it and go dont burn forums of a community you no longer want a part of

I'm glad that there is a slow pacing to this. It's given me time to clear mail boxes, and Galactic Market listings.

Got my alternate names list ready, and my alternate Legacy last names list as well.

Hoping I'm origin, but ready to transfer.

Take all the time you need Bioware, I shall patently wait.

:jawa_angel:

I'm hoping I'm destination! Have everyone else come to me! :D Which reminds me, I need to get all my things out of the guild bank and the GTN...