Are these new planet daily areas a good strategy for gaining players?

I am just curious because I've talked to about 10 people who used to be subbed but basically if I could sum up their response it goes something like this:

"Oh, the new planet is just a new daily area? I'll probably just wait until 6.0 to resub."

So, I am just curious as to the 5.10.3 strategy. Is the primary goal to give current subs some more things to do or is there an element to attract either new players or old players to come back?

Has anyone had any luck getting someone to come back for this update or am I just unlucky?

Me, personally I logged in once to Dantooine to check out the reputation vendor and then said "naw" and haven't been back since. I feel bad to be uninterested with new content but if it doesn't help with the 258 grind and I don't like the cosmetics I just don't see the point.

Daily areas are by there very nature time sinks. Something to grind while we wait for more story.

Not a bad thing really, in moderation.

New players probably won't care, they got an entire game to explore, 6.0 will be out long before they exhaust what is available.

Dantooine is a "tide over" content,

Its there to keep you going, its there to show the devs are working on the game, and there to keep you interested until the fresh content,

Think of it as the entree before your main,

It's another daily zone+event to break up the tedium established for the past 3-4 years with a callback to a much coveted planet. I'll take it but I don't see anyone really coming back and subbing to get this unless they update those rewards and do something unexpectedly fun.

I think of the new Dantooine area as a section X area like area, but one that happens on a rotating schedule.

I really enjoyed the area and event on the Imp side, but it felt a little disjointed doing it on the Republic side (maybe I was just a bit tired when I did the Republic).

Dantooine is by far the most beautiful (aesthetically) area they made in the game since launch (IMO). It has some hidden fun things to do too.

What I would like to see in future is a lower number of people per instance and more instances because there was lots of waiting around, especially while playing my Republic characters. Of course I did try the pvp instance an dhad some fun too, but if you just want to run the dailies on multiple Alts, you have ninja’s and waiting for too long. Which I think isn’t good for luring players back. (But that’s my only criticism of the new area).

I think Dantooine is definitely worth a look. If they can get the lag bug fixed that caused conquest changes to be rolled back and implement some of the newer changes they might do before 6.0, then it’s definitely worth resubbing before 6.0 to get back into the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I see it that way. It should only bridge the time to 6.0. The Stradegie is just not very mature. I give the whole two weeks.Then the event is over and the next time it does not bother anyone anymore. ;) Many play it anyway only because of the rewards. Which are not really great.

I don't mind Dantooine being "just another daily area". However I don't like that we can't finish the weekly in one day, and that the whatever-new-currency is AGAIN bound to a character. It's difficult enough trying to remember which alt I started the weekly already, but having to remember the amount of that currency on every alt is just too much. Not gonna bother with that.

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my alts, gear, CQ points, guilds and so on, but I'm not gonna add something as silly as that into it. When this two days weekly stunt was pulled on Iokath, I did the weekly once or twice, and never bothered to go there again, not even for the dailies, because I knew I wouldn't finish the weekly anyways. I want to finish the mission I start in one day, not spread them out on several days. Fix that, and I'll be happy.

Its there to keep you going, its there to show the devs are working on the game, and there to keep you interested until the fresh content,

Agreed, Dantooine is just a little warm-up while we wait for Onslaught.

Dantooine is a "tide over" content,

Think of it as the entree before your main,

Its an overly-grindy, grind with extremely limited replayability and an extremely lacklustre rewards structure.

It really isn't keeping anyone interested; unless they were already committed to trudging through whatever slop Bioware throw at us until 6.0 (I am one of those).

I'm already seeing tons of people saying "played it once, that was enough".

As an entree? I'd send it back and look at another restaurant for the Main, and advise this restaurant to get a new head-chef, as whoever designed this dish has no understanding of what the modern customer wants, and is butchering nostalgia in the hopes that a re-hash of 20 year-old pasta-salad recipie is enough.

It really isn't.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Been through it now twice; once on my Rep main and once on my Imp Main.

Can't honestly see me ever doing them again.

Too little reward, for too much grind, and what little story element there is could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Simply no where near even being on the same continent as "good enough".

All The Best

I personally find it better than previous event areas. Things are pretty contained and linear making the dailies relatively quick and the heroics are instanced so you are not competing with ganks or waiting for stuff to respawn. Ilum it feels like I spend a lot of time driving from place place and there isn't really a linear path since the area is so spread out. Rakghoul tunnels the heroic and daily quest is annoying with a full instance it feels claustrophobic.

Dantooine is a nice throwback to previous lore and well designed in terms of the map and game flow. The rep armors and decos are lacking for my taste but the mounts and companion are great. I also hope that such a rich lore planet gets additions in the future. Right now there are 6 daily and 3 heroic which maybe they could add a few more missions where you transport to the jedi enclave or visit the old star map location with all the droids and traps from KOTOR.

Its an overly-grindy, grind with extremely limited replayability and an extremely lacklustre rewards structure.

It really isn't keeping anyone interested; unless they were already committed to trudging through whatever slop Bioware throw at us until 6.0 (I am one of those).

I'm already seeing tons of people saying "played it once, that was enough".

As an entree? I'd send it back and look at another restaurant for the Main, and advise this restaurant to get a new head-chef, as whoever designed this dish has no understanding of what the modern customer wants, and is butchering nostalgia in the hopes that a re-hash of 20 year-old pasta-salad recipie is enough.

It really isn't.

All The Best

lol. :)

At least a couple of people re-sub'd just for the scene with Theron.

If I wasn't already subbed I so would have done this. Story

is everything, especially when it involves my fav LIs :cool:

Edited by Suzsi