Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

The response to the Free Character Transfer Service so far has been fantastic. Hundreds of thousands of players have already taken advantage of this free service to move their characters to new servers where it’s easier to find groups and play with friends. This initial service is still available and allows qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers.

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear. Visit www.swtor.com/transfer for a list of qualifying servers.

Read More

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait - the people that transferred as soon as the transfers became available get nothing? How is this fair?

It doesnt say that anywhere. but it also doesnt mention either way if those of us who transfered are eligable, just that if your on the server u get it, doubt it has a start time on when u transfered tho.

Edited by Whiteis

It's for everyone who transfers to a destination server, or is already on a destination server. As long as they're active by the 30th of July.

That's what I figured as well. Im active til august 17, so i guess ill wait and see.

If you have already transferred a character, like in my case, are you going back to those characters and adding the rewards or is it for new transfers only?

Taken from the "Read More" link in the first post: (emphasis added by me)

======================================================

Both rewards are granted to any character that meets the following criteria:

Your character(s) must be on a qualifying server (which includes destination servers) and your account must be active by July 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM CDT / July 31, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT.

•Your account must not be banned.

======================================================

Since there is no mention of a "start date" but only a "by" date it appears that all transfered toons are eligible as long as they transfer by the date indicated (and the account isn't banned :)).

In appreciation for the community’s support of the Free Character Transfer service, we are giving all characters on qualifying servers (including all destination servers) an in-game pet, the Gannifari, and 25 Black Hole Commendations to help purchase high level gear.]

How is a double all "All characters on qualifying servers and all destination servers" confusing for some people?

All.

Hey everyone!

Just want to clear up any confusion - if your server is on the list of qualifying servers you will receive the pet and commendations even if you have already transferred those characters.

Here are the requirements to be eligible for the rewards:

1. You must have an active subscription.

2. Your character must be on a qualifying server by 11:59PM CDT July 30th, 2012 / 4:59AM GMT on July 31st, 2012.

Here is a link to the FAQ if you have any other concerns!

Thanks!

Edited by CourtneyWoods

What if we are waiting on paid transfers? I am still on an origin server waiting for paid transfers to join my other characters on a server that was NOT my destination server. Am I going to miss out on this pet because I am waiting to pay to move instead of going to the free transfer server where I have no other toons or friends?

Would really like to be able to take advantage of this as well...

It'd be helpful if we could have secondary servers to transfer to, then I'd do it in a second.

Getting two origin servers of separate alliance/empire-biased servers merged into one destination is problematic

Edited by RAZIMx