An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Farsight

Aurbere

"I have forseen it."- Darth Sidious

The ability to see the future is a powerful ability. But visions of the future are not always definite, at least our perceptions of them are not. One of the greatest practitioners of the Farsight ability is Jedi Master Yoda. Yoda discusses visions in this recording in the Great Holocron...

Often difficult to see, the future is, like searching for raindrops beneath the surface of the water. But raindrops do fall, and discerned in the depths, they can be. Fleeting can be visions of the future, momentary glimpses of both the familiar and the strange. More dangerous are clear visions, as easy it is to confuse clarity with the truth. Truth can be murky, and crucial is perspective to any vision.

See you do from the right angle at the wrong thing, or from the wrong angle at the right thing? No perspective is fixed.

Frequently am I asked if inevitable is the future. Do visions reveal what may be or what will be? Know you will when a vision is what will be. Feel it by the Force you will. Know you will whether to chase raindrops before they fall or remain where you are. Stay where you are, and move you will anyway. Always in motion is the future.

Visions given by the Force can show many things. The future, the past, old friends long gone.* But visions of the future are not always definite. The perspective at which we see the future changes everything. Do you see the wrong thing from the right angle, or the right thing from the wrong angle? Even the most clear and vivid visions can prove to be something else entirely.

Sometimes a vision shows the future, but actions taken to stop the vision from proving true, leads to its events occuring anyway. This is shown in the case of Anakin Skywalker. In attempting to stop Padme from dying, he caused her death. Would remaining still have saved her? Perhaps. There are many roads leading to the ultimate conclusion of the vision, and we can't possibly traverse them all. We can only trust the Force to guide our actions and make peace with the events shown to us.

Visions of the future can twist the actions of those who receive them. Their actions begin to change, to ensure that the events shown do (or do not) happen. The truly wise know that these events could happen no matter what is done to prevent them. Always in motion is the future, and the Will of the Force can ensure such events occur.

Powerful visionaries such as Jedi Master Yoda and Darth Sidious were capable of seeing many years into the future. The visions granted to these two powerful masters were usually definite, but not always. Darth Sidious saw his victory over the Rebellion, but perhaps he saw this victory from the wrong angle. Perhaps his vision showed his own defeat, but his perspective lead him to believe that he saw his victory? Perhaps the vision only showed him what he wanted to see? The future is always in motion and the Will of the Force can influence events in an effort to achieve balance.

Jedi Master Yoda used his Farsight abilities to aid his fellow Jedi in their missions. He was also gifted with power precognitive abilities, allowing him to quickly react to immediate danger.

*Who said that?

A powerful technique to see the future, it is. Another powerful technique is that of Psychometry, our next topic.

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below or PM me.

Another interesting thread

This, by the way, was Yoda to Luke on Dagobah. Here's the full quote:

“Through the force, things you will see-other places-the future, the past, old friends long gone.”

Yes, that was the whole quote, but I couldn't find a good was of putting the whole thing in. So I just used a small portion of it.

Wait so it was a quiz?

Kinda. Just a little something I've been adding to the series. I think its a nice touch. Adds more depth to the threads, imo.

EDIT: And you won! :D +100 internets. Don't know what those are, but i think they are good. Maybe you can exchange them for Cartel Coins lol. :)

Edited by Aurbere