Fix broken assassins

mmjarec

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason they parse so low is that they have extreme burst. If they had all the opening burst they have right now with enough dps afterwords to hang with the other top DPS classes, they'd be absurdly overpowered.

Now I'm speaking from deception/infiltration point of view. They could make balance/madness spec a more viable pve DPS spec.

Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

The reason they parse so low is that they have extreme burst. If they had all the opening burst they have right now with enough dps afterwords to hang with the other top DPS classes, they'd be absurdly overpowered.

Now I'm speaking from deception/infiltration point of view. They could make balance/madness spec a more viable pve DPS spec.

I know of another spec that does it. Insane AOE burst and pretty decent sustained damages. Absurdely overpowered :) .

Sins are okay. They could certainly use a more usefull 51 ability and a slightly better survivability.

Apart from that ppl calling for a nerf don't know what they're talking about.

I know of another spec that does it. Insane AOE burst and pretty decent sustained damages. Absurdely overpowered :) .

Sins are okay. They could certainly use a more usefull 51 ability and a slightly better survivability.

Apart from that ppl calling for a nerf don't know what they're talking about.

So, you're saying that Rage Marauders have sustain DPS?

Their burst should be toned down...

Maybe slightly, although I wouldn't say so for the sake of arena balance. But against 1 sad soul, probebly yeah.

Outside of that, our burst is just our trade-off for the fact that we don't do any sustained damage. We are the class that supplies the killing blows and sits in the corner for the rest of the fight.

IF you're wanting to fix assassins/shadow's dps that wont help at all in pvp....their burst is amazing probably the best in game if you play them right and time CC accordingly, I can solo most healers in partasin if i catch them without a CC breaker. leave us alone in we're fine the low percent of sustained dps difference does matter in pvp at all if you play the class the way its meant to be played, which is strike from the shadows burst your emeny as much as u can if you dont get a kill vanish, rinse, and repeat.

All this assassin survivability QQ... have you stopped to think about Operative DPS survivability to burst ratio? This thread man, this thread.

I don't think anyone would argue concealment could use some more survivability :p

And permacrit Hidden Strike. Because it's balls when it doesn't crit.

I don't think anyone would argue concealment could use some more survivability :p

And permacrit Hidden Strike. Because it's balls when it doesn't crit.

Because everyone wants god mode unkillable invisible players popping out of stealth, murdering you in two shots, and then vanishing again.

Auto crits are a bad idea for any spec. We're supposed to stack the crit ability if we want it, at a direct cost to power and sustained damage.

Because everyone wants god mode unkillable invisible players popping out of stealth, murdering you in two shots, and then vanishing again.

Auto crits are a bad idea for any spec. We're supposed to stack the crit ability if we want it, at a direct cost to power and sustained damage.

Not really. Read:

Ever gotten opened on by a concealment operative that didn't crit anything? Yeah that damage is laughable.

When Hidden Strike crits though, the opener is at about the level it should be.

And it wouldn't be the first "autocrit". We have them as assassins too. Through an ability called recklessness.

Given it's hardly a real autocrit because of current crit levels.. but it should be. And that works just fine. As it should.

Autocrit is not necessarily bad or OP.

Edited by Evolixe

every auto crit should have been implemented as assa/shades one...

beside that add a dot to clearvoyance/voltaic slash stackable 5 times dealing 200dmg per 1.5s with a 5% healdebuff per stack lasting 9 seconds that would make up for the long duration dps but wont increase burst dmg the slightest.

Edited by Tankqull

Their burst should be toned down...

I agree, most of the assins I know of can liquefy most opponents in a matter of a few seconds, their high burst dps, coupled with multiple stuns and high damage mitigation makes them very tough opponents. if anything they need a longer cd on some of those stuns.

Sins will never have their DPS adjusted because they added the recklessness talent. This makes them OP as **** under optimal circumstances and useless under suboptimal circumstances. So when the optimal circumstance arises, everyone sees this "op as ****" assassin blowing them up and comes crying to bioware about nerfing sins when reality is that they're only op against bad players.

This creates the unique situation where a class that is in actuality very bad for rated pvp dps is seen as overpowered by a large number of players. Good luck getting bioware to fix our class, you might as well regstar it up and enjoy the regs OPness.

Regarding the actual parses, bioware has stated that sins won't be upgraded from a dps perspective because "sins have the most to gain when switching from dummy targets to player targets dps-wise". Granted this information was looked at and proven to be factually the opposite of reality, but when has bioware ever let reality hold them back from making decisions in the past?

TLDR if you enjoy playing your assassin do some regs and/or become good at ninjas and nodeguarding for rateds. When that gets boring you might as well play something else because the class is never getting fixed.

Edited by JP_Legatus

IF you're wanting to fix assassins/shadow's dps that wont help at all in pvp....their burst is amazing probably the best in game if you play them right and time CC accordingly, I can solo most healers in partasin if i catch them without a CC breaker. leave us alone in we're fine the low percent of sustained dps difference does matter in pvp at all if you play the class the way its meant to be played, which is strike from the shadows burst your emeny as much as u can if you dont get a kill vanish, rinse, and repeat.

Burst does not matter in pve we need sustained damage i will refer you to all the parses for the. 100th time that shows we are 500 below other classes

Deception is fine. Of course it's not going to have any sustained damage as it has the highest burst in the game.

Madness needs a lot of love as it's not viable in PVP and as a PVE spec it's still lacking.

Darkness needs tweaking for both PVE and PVP. It's not terrible but still falls short of PT and Jugg tanks due to spikeyness.

Last time I checked Assassins burst was only good on opening and even then its not very consistent. I know some other classes like Snipers, Rage Marauders, Carnage marauders, Arsenal Mercs that actually have about the some amount of burst if not more and all beat Assassins on dps in long fights by what the op said about 500. The tax for having stealth should not be 500 less sustain, we all know that right now the most op thing in warzones is healing and some nice upfront burst doesn't counter that.

Lower the burst buff sustained dps.

Burst does not matter in pve we need sustained damage i will refer you to all the parses for the. 100th time that shows we are 500 below other classes

Then why did you post this crap in PvP forums

Edited by Skinnychalk

Deception is fine. Of course it's not going to have any sustained damage as it has the highest burst in the game.

Madness needs a lot of love as it's not viable in PVP and as a PVE spec it's still lacking.

Darkness needs tweaking for both PVE and PVP. It's not terrible but still falls short of PT and Jugg tanks due to spikeyness.

Burst damage doesnt matter in pve keep reading what you want to tell yourself thats not true. You base you dps on one or two abilities right out pf stealth and be crap dps the rest pf the fight. Nobody has been able to explain why sins parse majorly below any class. Oh thats right you want to cherry pick your info

Edited by mmjarec