Caedus vs Yoda

BrandonSM

Try not to make things up, just to win, next time you have an argument.

I'm not saying Sidious didn't drive Yoda back. But if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. So, no, "toying" is you making things up.

Rayla didn't make anything up. It was all fact. Sidious was toying with Yoda. To what degree? A fairly good degree. He was in complete control of the battle. Yoda could not win and they both knew it. That's why Yoda fled. He chose to live to fight another day.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try not to make things up, just to win, next time you have an argument.

I'm not saying Sidious didn't drive Yoda back. But if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. So, no, "toying" is you making things up.

He wasn't even trying and he was laughing the entire time, even taunting Yoda by feinting some sense of danger, you need to look up your facts and stop dismissing canon facts with an opinion.

I am not making things up, you just don't know your lore, catch up.

He wasn't even trying and he was laughing the entire time, even taunting Yoda by feinting some sense of danger, you need to look up your facts and stop dismissing canon facts with an opinion.

I am not making things up, you just don't know your lore, catch up.

You are making things up, and you need to be honest about when something is a fact, and when something is your interpretation of facts.

Once again, if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. You cannot dispute that.

And Sidious did not kill Yoda. You cannot dispute that.

I know you love being a querulant, but come on, there must be a limit.

Edited by Andge

You are making things up, and you need to be honest about when something is a fact, and when something is you interpretation of facts.

Just watch the battle again. He laughs several times during the battle. Watch ROTS and read the novel. The movie shows him laughing and the book says that Yoda had no chance of winning. They are both G-Canon sources. They both plainly show Yoda being outmatched.

Just watch the battle again. He laughs several times during the battle. Watch ROTS and read the novel. The movie shows him laughing and the book says that Yoda had no chance of winning. They are both G-Canon sources. They both plainly show Yoda being outmatched.

First off, the laughing like a mental patient thing, is George liking the classical evil madman thing. And it's Palpatine happy that he finally gets a chance to fight that little green pest that's annyoed him for the last ten years.

If Palpatine had been able to toy with Yoda, he would kill him instead of toying with him.

Once again again, I'm not saying Palpatine didn't drive Yoda back. I'm saying when some says "Palpatine was toying with Yoda" it is not true.

Edited by Andge

First off, the laughing like a mental patient thing, is George liking the classical evil madman thing. And it's Palpatine happy that he finally gets a chance to fight that little green pest that's annyoed him for the last ten years.

If Palpatine had been able to toy with Yoda, he would kill him instead of toying with him.

Once again again, I'm not saying Palpatine didn't drive Yoda back. I'm saying when some says "Palpatine was toying with Yoda" it is not true.

If he isn't actually trying in this fight and is still beating Yoda regardless, that means he was toying with him, go learn the definition.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

It is true. The duel as shown in the (G-Canon) ROTS novel takes place from Yoda's point of view. During the duel Yoda plainly states that the Shadow was far powerful than what he was facing. He was going to lose. They both knew it.

Sure, Sidious could have killed him. But Sidious is a devious, sadistic creature. He had the last of the Jedi before him. He relished facing the small Jedi in battle. He wanted to prolong the Grand Master's suffering.

Sure, Sidious could have killed him. But Sidious is a devious, sadistic creature. He had the last of the Jedi before him. He relished facing the small Jedi in battle. He wanted to prolong the Grand Master's suffering.

Where did you get this from? Is that stated anywhere as a fact? Or are you willing to admit that is your interpretation?

If he isn't actually trying in this fight and is still beating Yoda regardless, that means he was toying with him, go learn the definition.

Are you telling me that you have the authority to decide the definition of English words? From what source are you granted this authority?

No. Once again, your bad habit of presenting your opinions as facts, gets in your way.

First, I thought you presented your opinions as facts on purpose. But following this comment, I am wondering if you are simply not aware of it when you do it...

I also notice how you keep avoiding the fact, that Sidious would rather kill Yoda than toy with him.

Edited by Andge

Are you telling me that you have the authority to decide the definition of English words? From what source are you granted this authority?

No. Once again, your bad habit of presenting your opinions as facts, gets in your way.

First, I thought you presented your opinions as facts on purpose. But following this comment, I am wondering if you are simply not aware of it when you do it...

Not at all, but when you state a common saying is not being correctly used when it is, I will advise you to go and look up it's definition, if Sidious was fighting a Yoda who was giving it his all and Sidious wasn't even trying, indeed even laughing at his opponent, he is clearly toying with the Grand Master.

"I have waited a long time for this moment... my little green friend."

Yeah...

I agree that Sidious had been looking forward to have a chance fighting Yoda. Read my past comment.

Whas is your point with this comment?

I agree that Sidious had been looking forward to have a chance fighting Yoda. Read my past comment.

Whas is your point with this comment?

The point?

Sidious had Yoda at his feet. The most powerful Sith Lord to ever live had the Grand Master of the Jedi Order right in front of him. Sidious could have killed him right where he stood. Why didn't he? One must understand the way Sidious, and like minded Sith, thinks. Sidious knew he was going to win, but he would prolong the Jedi's suffering just for his own amusement. He is clearly laughing during the battle. He wasn't even concerned. Yoda was a worthy opponent for anyone, except the Sith Lord.

Again. Yoda was going to lose. They both knew it. Yoda plainly states it in the novel.

Not at all, but when you state a common saying is not being correctly used when it is, I will advise you to go and look up it's definition, if Sidious was fighting a Yoda who was giving it his all and Sidious wasn't even trying, indeed even laughing at his opponent, he is clearly toying with the Grand Master.

How about addressing the point I've made several times now; Sidious would kill Yoda instead of toying with him. So yes, Palpatine did drive Yoda back. But that is not the same as him toying with him.

Part of Yoda's reason for withdrawing was probably also that he, in his wisdow, knew that this was not the day to try to destroy the Sith; if Yoda won, great. But if Yoda lost, all hope would be lost. By withdrawing, at least he would be able to regroup and eventually help Luke.

So, to get back to the issue of the thread, my opinion is that Yoda is practically unbeatable in a fight till death. Therefore, in a fight against, Caedus, Yoda would win.

You are entitled to disagree, but you don't have anything to refute my opinion with, except your own subjective opinion. Which is fine. But be honest about it being your opinion. Don't put it out as being facts.

Edited by Andge

How about addressing the point I've made several times now; Sidious would kill Yoda instead of toying with him. So yes, Palpatine did drive Yoda back. But that is not the same as him toying with him.

Part of Yoda's reason for withdrawing was probably also that he, in his wisdow, knew that this was not the day to try to destroy the Sith; if Yoda won, great. But if Yoda lost, all hope would be lost. Be withdrawing, at least he would be able to regroup and eventually help Luke.

So, to get back to the issue of the thread, my opinion is that Yoda is practically unbeatable in a fight till death. Therefore, in a fight against, Caedus, Yoda would win.

You are entitled to disagree, but you don't have anything to refute my opinion with, except your own subjective opinion. Which is fine. But be honest about it being your opinion. Don't put it out as being facts.

Aurbere has already told you, he didn't want to kill Yoda, yet. Instead he wanted to torture him and do everything but kill him, until he was done, how much would you revel in being able to utterly destroy your nemesis of decades over a long period of time.

Maul could have killed Obi-Wan there and then with a simple Force Choke so he fell down the pit, but he didn't, because he was revelling in his first real victory over the Jedi, how do you think Sidious would feel?

The point?

Sidious had Yoda at his feet. The most powerful Sith Lord to ever live had the Grand Master of the Jedi Order right in front of him. Sidious could have killed him right where he stood. Why didn't he? One must understand the way Sidious, and like minded Sith, thinks. Sidious knew he was going to win, but he would prolong the Jedi's suffering just for his own amusement. He is clearly laughing during the battle. He wasn't even concerned. Yoda was a worthy opponent for anyone, except the Sith Lord.

So you agree that is your subjective interpretation. Great. Thanks.

So; you believe Sidious could have killed Yoda. I believe Sidious would have killed Yoda if he could, i.e. he couldn't.

This it were it stands and ends then; we have each our interpretation of Sidious.

At least know we are all being honest about it being interpretations.

And again; the part of your comment I have quoted; this is an example of your bad and dishonest habit; you write this as if it was fact, which it isn't. Don't put it out as if you know "how Sidious and likeminded thinks" more than the rest of us. It's comical.

Edited by Andge

Aurbere has already told you, he didn't want to kill Yoda,

Now you also present this subjective interpretation as being a fact! Nowhere does it say that Sidious didn't want to kill Yoda. Nowhere! It is your interpretation. Please be honest about that.

My interpretation? Not matter how much Sidious would enjoy to torture Yoda, he would never risk Yoda getting away if he had the chance to kill him. Therefore Sidious would strike immediately if he had the chance to kill Yoda.

Edited by Andge

When the novel clearly states that Sidious wanted to make the Grand Master pay dearly and regretted not finishing him off when he had the chance(though he dismissed his regret, believing that the Jedi were smashed and they were no longer relevant, which doomed him) then it isn't an interpretation.

So; you believe Sidious could have killed Yoda. I believe Sidious would have killed Yoda if he could, i.e. he couldn't.

This it were it stands and ends then; we have each our interpretation of Sidious.

At least know we are all being honest about it being interpretations.

And again; the part of your comment I have quoted; this is an example of your bad and dishonest habit; you write this as if it was fact, which it isn't. Don't put it out as if you know "how Sidious and likeminded thinks" more than the rest of us. It's comical.

It's called simple psychology. Any Sith would do it. And Sidious did, in fact, revel in his engagement with Yoda. He was laughing at Yoda's pathetic attempts to defeat him. He was enjoying himself. He had the most powerful Jedi in the palm of his hand. He needed to only close his hand to crush the small Jedi. But he didn't. He could have, but he decided to prolong the small Jedi's suffering.

The only one that can truly defeat Sidious is Luke Skywalker. Mace Windu beat him in a Lightsaber duel, but in an all out duel, Sidious could kill Windu with ease. Luke Skywalker is the only being to defeat Sidious at the height of his power. When Sidious had the full power of the Dark Side at his command. Yoda could only do so much.

It's time to face facts. Sidious could have killed Yoda with relative ease.

It's called simple psychology. Any Sith would do it. And Sidious did, in fact, revel in his engagement with Yoda. He was laughing at Yoda's pathetic attempts to defeat him. He was enjoying himself. He had the most powerful Jedi in the palm of his hand. He needed to only close his hand to crush the small Jedi. But he didn't. He could have, but he decided to prolong the small Jedi's suffering.

This is simply getting ridiculous. You claim now to know so much about Sith psychology that your interpretation of a Sith's act can be claimed to be facts?

Dude, you're the most far out person I've ever met.

Edited by Andge

Now you also present this subjective interpretation as being a fact! Nowhere does it say that Sidious didn't want to kill Yoda. Nowhere! It is your interpretation. Please be honest about that.

My interpretation? Not matter how much Sidious would enjoy to torture Yoda, he would never risk Yoda getting away if he had the chance to kill him. Therefore Sidious would strike immediately if he had the chance to kill Yoda.

Oh he wanted to kill Yoda, but not right away. As I have said before, Sidious wanted to make the small Jedi suffer. Throughout all works, we see Sidious call the Jedi arrogant. He was going to make Yoda suffer dearly for his arrogance and his foolishness. He was going to make his greatest enemy suffer. Such is the nature of the Sith. When an enemy has been a pest to your plans, a Sith will make them suffer for it. Had Yoda stayed, he would have died.

This is simply getting ridiculous. You claim now to know so much about Sith psychology that your interpretation of a Sith's act can be claimed to be facts?

Dude, you're the most far out person I've ever met.

And yet, you seem to ignore the facts in favor of your own opinion. Read the novel and watch the movie.

We have seen Sith toy with their opponents several times. Sidious is no different. He did toy with Yoda. The movie and novel show that.

Oh he wanted to kill Yoda, but not right away. As I have said before, Sidious wanted to make the small Jedi suffer.

As you've said before. Which therefore makes it facts.

No. Hate to brake it to you. Your word is not law. The fact that you have "said something before" does no make it so.

Sidious wanting to make Yoda suffer instead of killing him immediately if he could, is your interpretation. As I've said before.