Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ask a Mercenary thread 2.0

VictoireStar
04.04.2013 , 03:09 AM | #421
I'm on somewhere in my twenties right now, but I am feeling rather squishy..and I seem to die rather fast in pvp.. Should I focus on using more endurance mods..or continue as I am and just use primarily aim mods?

HaZmY
04.04.2013 , 03:55 AM | #422
Continue going on Aim, you can't be tanky enough with this class I think, you should focus on your DPS so you can protect yourself.
Youtube
Mercenary PVP Guide - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...17#post6081817
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Victis Honor

Ajaxduo
04.04.2013 , 06:40 AM | #423
Hey guys I have a question for you all, I'm rolling a Bounty Hunter and I'm wondering for PVE dps and endgame which AC pumps out better numbers? Taking in consideration of the 2.0 patch. I'm guessing Merc? The missiles look pretty cool Thanks~

HaZmY
04.04.2013 , 10:32 AM | #424
Sadly, Powertechs have much better DPS overall then mercs. in every field and they also rock as tanks. As for mercenaries...well they will get a huge balance in 2.0 and they will be viable especially in PVP but still they remain behind powertechs. I don't know about all the changes, but i don't think Powertechs will get that nerf nor will mercenaries get that buff to change this situation. But..i hope.

Others also say that in 2.0 every class becomes viable as PVE DPS so..you might be right

This is only my opinion, I may be wrong but it seems like Powertechs are way more effective than mercs now. Though I am a mercenary myself ^^
Youtube
Mercenary PVP Guide - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...17#post6081817
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Victis Honor

Koyaanisqat
04.04.2013 , 03:33 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by VictoireStar View Post
I'm on somewhere in my twenties right now, but I am feeling rather squishy..and I seem to die rather fast in pvp.. Should I focus on using more endurance mods..or continue as I am and just use primarily aim mods?
Reflex Armorings/Barrels, with Nimble Mods and possibly something like barrage, adept, assault or acute enhancements. They get wonky names in the 30s and it's hard to remember what's what.

The most important skill you learn as a mercenary can't be put on your bar or bound to a key; it's situational awareness.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

odawgg
04.04.2013 , 05:29 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by Ajaxduo View Post
Hey guys I have a question for you all, I'm rolling a Bounty Hunter and I'm wondering for PVE dps and endgame which AC pumps out better numbers? Taking in consideration of the 2.0 patch. I'm guessing Merc? The missiles look pretty cool Thanks~
Not to be mean Hazmy but that's just not accurate when it comes to PVE dps. I spent quite a bit of time on the pts and comparing dps numbers on the thread we had...Both can shove out very good dps if you're spec'd properly and know your stuff... I love my merc, but if you want to be able to switch it up and do tank or dps...PT might be right for you...also understand it's a melee class, Merc is a ranged class, so it's pretty much just preference. Mercs can also heal instead of tank, but takes a skilled merc to heal end game pve, but definitely possible.

Edit: The PT did get a bit of a nerf right before PTS ended just FYI, making one or more specs suffer a bit...but it's still viable. I would just decide whether u want to go melee or ranged....

Shifty_Al
06.26.2013 , 12:17 AM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by HaZmY View Post
Sadly, Powertechs have much better DPS overall then mercs. in every field and they also rock as tanks. As for mercenaries...well they will get a huge balance in 2.0 and they will be viable especially in PVP but still they remain behind powertechs. I don't know about all the changes, but i don't think Powertechs will get that nerf nor will mercenaries get that buff to change this situation. But..i hope.

Others also say that in 2.0 every class becomes viable as PVE DPS so..you might be right

This is only my opinion, I may be wrong but it seems like Powertechs are way more effective than mercs now. Though I am a mercenary myself ^^
Powertech DPS is parsing lower than Mercs currently. I think it is widely accepted that at the present time, Arsenal Merc DPS is superior to Powertech.
ALARION
<SUCKAFISH>
THE BASTION