Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ask a Mercenary thread 2.0

Werdan
12.13.2011 , 03:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CanadaBran View Post
Which class skills do you recommend for a merc dps?
Most of beta I went with armor/scav/underworld. For live I'm trying something new to see how it works. I'm going with Biochem/bio analysis/diplomacy for the stims/adrenals. Cybertech looks good as well with all the usable grenades but some of the higher level mats look a bit intimidating. Plus, both combos are are geared more towards PvP whereas armor was more casual PvE. Especially with some of the changes they made to moddable gear.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

BelialSempai
12.13.2011 , 04:04 PM | #12
Loved you then and love you now! Thanks again for this forum.
/人 ‿‿ 人\

Why do people care when I steal their souls?
.:`*~Iron Citadel~*`:.

opticalshadow
12.13.2011 , 04:13 PM | #13
this some termoil within my group about where im placed in the order of things. im planning on using your build for live (pending any changes that would need altering) and i maintain that i can act as an off-tank healer, with decent DPS.

would this be an accurate description of what the merc turns out to be?

Phrase
12.13.2011 , 04:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Werdan View Post
If someone (I thought someone did) has any of my responses saved from the previous thread please do me the honors of reposting them here. I'll stop by whenever I can to respond to as many questions as possible.
You can find the old thread here. They're screenshots converted to PDF so I apologize for the formatting. The # suffix corresponds to the page number of the thread. I've enabled sharing so you ought to be able to DL any pages you like.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

-Cid-
12.13.2011 , 04:29 PM | #15
good to see this thread is back Werdan, and thanks again for your effort.

hopefully, this time it gets a sticky!

Mannyy
12.13.2011 , 04:53 PM | #16
i haven't played beta or anything.

Is this spec viable for end game pve?

Darth_Saren
12.13.2011 , 05:10 PM | #17
I know you use a hybrid build but I was wondering if you've ever tried using a full pyrotech build before. I want to dps but the arsenal tree's reliance on tracer missile is kind of a turn off for me. Is using pyrotech fun/effective?

Wren_Atticus
12.13.2011 , 05:12 PM | #18
Thanks for doing this thread again. I read your last one in the original forums and found it very helpful.

Scythe- Bounty Hunter- Warriors of the Shadow Server
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server

bobafetea
12.13.2011 , 05:35 PM | #19
Werdan, thanks so much for this awesome thread again! You really helped me with my build before the forum got wiped. My only question is why didn't you put this thread in our mercenary sub-forum
"I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy." ― Darth Vader
"Curse Fett! He thinks he's real smart." "He is smart, Bossk. That's why he's the best."

Sdiego
12.13.2011 , 05:36 PM | #20
My question is im going to go merc which from the last thread you had going i tweaked your hybrid tree around and added some to dps, i was going for Main Dps/ Support healer.

But as you were going through flashpoints what were you used for? i want to be used for DPS and not mistaken for a healer, thats why my mind has been going back and forth from merc to IA sniper but after a couple vids and the constant spam of ambush and snipe lost my interest... So if you were to want to be used for DPS would you stick with your hybrid tree still or put more towards dps i think mine was 10/31/0
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skouros
I hate when people complain!