SWTOR an exercise in disappointment. Can it be salvaged?

Marrius

I am nearing lvl 55 on my second toon now and I am finding myself more and more disappointed with the game.

However I am not just going to criticize , I am also going to offer possible solutions, so please bear with me.

1) The new 2.4 arenas seem thrown together with no reason for the actual battles other than to appease some fat hutt. Sorry I am not satisfied with this reasoning. They are unimaginative and lazy. The Republic and Empire are close to war if not at war. This huttball / hutt arena crap might be sell-able if there was a story arc that led the players there such as enslavement. Do we really believe for a second that Darth Vader would play huttball with Obi-Wan. Or that Boba Fett would compete in an arena with Han Solo? Not likely! Lets have PVP zones on every planet with PVP missions in those zones. Lets have space missions that amount to more than simply blasting other ships to dust. Lets have PVP space missions. Lets have more RVR and GvG by utilizing capital ships for guilds.

2) The game is too rigid and restrictive. yes one could argue' "this is the price of having a story driven game." But I don't buy it. Allow players more customization options. SWG did it lets not reinvent the wheel here. Player made cities. Colonization and mining of outer rim worlds. pve and pvp invasions of the colonies and cities. housing. more ship choices and customization. Capital ships for guilds. (Yes I know there is talk of this I will not take credit for this as my own idea)

3) There is not enough post 50 solo/ story material. If you are like me you got this game because BioWare is known for producing strong story arcs in its games. After lvl 50 the game becomes more of a grind and after 55 the only pve seems to be group designated. Give us more of what we want BioWare!

I was never really a fan of apple or Steve Jobs but I read his book and watched his 'lost interview' (I will see his movie later tonight). The thing is he makes a good point when talking about corporations today.

He talks about how mature companies stop being innovative. How a new company will often be the one to take the risks and develop new ideas. Jobs talked about how once a company 'grows up' the focus on product is often replaced with a focus on revenue. He talked about how Scully from Pepsico was one of these guys. He talked about how in 1985 when he returned to Apple it was just 35 days away from bankruptcy. It was his force of will and focus on product success that rebuilt his company. This is very rare in today's business world and this is one of the reasons people are amazed by hid business plan.

BioWare needs to learn from this. Stop allowing the VPs to protect their jobs at the risk of the company product quality. We the consumer are not naive, we are growing more and more sophisticated and we have demands. Companies need to meet those demands or get in the unemployment line. This is not a threat it is simply an allegory, a truth that Bioware needs to heed.

Please let us tell BioWare what we want , what we would like to see in our game and what is unacceptable.

Thank you for your time.

PS. Before anyone decides to start a troll about me being a Jobs fanboy. I am not. I know he was a serious ******e to work for. I know he had serious emotional and psychological problems. But he was an innovator and he was successful and if a company wants success they should listen to what Steve Jobs had to say. It may not have been the complete recipe for success but it made sense and it worked. Companies could gain by learning from this.

2) The game is too rigid and restrictive. yes one could argue' "this is the price of having a story driven game." But I don't buy it. Allow players more customization options. SWG did it lets not reinvent the wheel here. Player made cities. Colonization and mining of outer rim worlds. pve and pvp invasions of the colonies and cities. housing. more ship choices and customization. Capital ships for guilds. (Yes I know there is talk of this I will not take credit for this as my own idea)

The game will never be this. If you go to a pizza place and order something off of the menu and get a pizza you aren't going to have much luck trying to convince the owners that what the pizza place really should do is become a steak place.

Add on: I'm not saying that your ideas wouldn't be a fun game, but they aren't this game.

Though I am all for analogies, yours is not the best. But weather SWG is steak and swtor is pizza is irrelevant. This can be done, the only think preventing it is the will to do it. Us as costumers do have say. we can make our demands and if they don't listen then we move on to another game.

Honestly I don't care if I am right or wrong in the way I propose this. all I care about is the success of the game. I am tired of companies giving up and taking the easy way out. I want more for my money and I have a right to ask for it.

Sure customers have some say in things, but only to a point. Making games isn't about will, it's about money. The changes you are asking for are huge, and you're not being realistic if you only think it requires will to make them a reality.

I disagree it is not about money it is about making a great product. Your ideas are antiquated and it is those ideas that got the US into the crapper they are in now. America learned this lesson in the 70s when Japan started taking over the auto industry. it seems they forgot it and need to learn it again. By giving the excuse "its about money' you take the soul out of ingenuity and help create the apathetic quagmire so many business are struggling with now.

Think bigger, ask for more,, and believe you deserve it. Because you do!

Ok so either you are being obtuse or confrontational. Either way you are not offering anything other than uninformed criticism. Ask yourself this question the next time you post, "Am I being helpful or harmful?".

Anyways, no time for childishness here. If you know what you want you get it. If you want to be BioWare's store-bought buddy just send them a cheque and let t the rest of us demand of them what we pay for. (What I mean to say here is that if you give them an excuse to not produce the best product possible and are willing to put up with 2nd rate, what do you think they will give you?)

And if you think for a second that BioWare is hurting for cash so badly that they cannot pay their employees, you are dreaming in technicolor.

Hope this clears things up for you.

You were the one who claimed that it just takes will to make a product and then got all huffy when somebody brings up the fact that it takes way more than will to make a computer game and certainly more than just will to make as many changes as you are suggesting? That's bizarre.

The changes you are asking for are a huge undertaking and the idea that Bioware can just make them happen if they had the will ((you are making them sound like a member of the Green Lanterns where will power is enough to make something happen)) is just not realistic.

Anyway, the point was that your ideas are interesting, but they don't seem to me to be a natural fit for the game as it is now. So as a customer who actually likes the way the game is set up, I'd have to put my vote down for more of what we have rather then go off in an entirely new direction in the middle of the game's life.

And if you think for a second that BioWare is hurting for cash so badly that they cannot pay their employees, you are dreaming in technicolor.

Considering they had at least 2 rounds of lay offs last year.... yeah paying their employees is an issue. :tran_tongue:

As I look into the news they also had to shut down one of their offices in San Fran this year and laid off another 20-30 people. :tran_eek:

What is bizarre is your inability to grasp what I am saying. But it seems you are happy in your ignorance so why should I bother trying to educate you further. (I mean did you even bother to read in my OP about how and why companies switch from innovation to revenue focus? It seems you would rather use passive aggressiveness to derail the topic and create confrontation. If you want to discuss, offer ideas, if you want to fight go to the WZ )

One thing I hope you are aware of is there is a problem with a dwindling population and as much as you may love the game as is; it would seem you are in a shrinking minority. The fact that nobody other than you has posted shows that there is a general apathy about where the game is headed and that makes me sad.

So yes you can sit there and do nothing or yes you can ignorantly criticize my ideas but have you offered an alternative solution.... No. ...But hey, maybe you will turn it around and be of use here. I'm crossing my fingers.

Edited by Marrius

I am nearing lvl 55 on my second toon now and I am finding myself more and more disappointed with the game.

However I am not just going to criticize , I am also going to offer possible solutions, so please bear with me.

1) The new 2.4 arenas seem thrown together with no reason for the actual battles other than to appease some fat hutt. Sorry I am not satisfied with this reasoning. They are unimaginative and lazy. The Republic and Empire are close to war if not at war. This huttball / hutt arena crap might be sell-able if there was a story arc that led the players there such as enslavement. Do we really believe for a second that Darth Vader would play huttball with Obi-Wan. Or that Boba Fett would compete in an arena with Han Solo? Not likely! Lets have PVP zones on every planet with PVP missions in those zones. Lets have space missions that amount to more than simply blasting other ships to dust. Lets have PVP space missions. Lets have more RVR and GvG by utilizing capital ships for guilds.

3) There is not enough post 50 solo/ story material. If you are like me you got this game because BioWare is known for producing strong story arcs in its games. After lvl 50 the game becomes more of a grind and after 55 the only pve seems to be group designated. Give us more of what we want BioWare!

I was never really a fan of apple or Steve Jobs but I read his book and watched his 'lost interview' (I will see his movie later tonight). The thing is he makes a good point when talking about corporations today.

He talks about how mature companies stop being innovative. How a new company will often be the one to take the risks and develop new ideas. Jobs talked about how once a company 'grows up' the focus on product is often replaced with a focus on revenue. He talked about how Scully from Pepsico was one of these guys. He talked about how in 1985 when he returned to Apple it was just 35 days away from bankruptcy. It was his force of will and focus on product success that rebuilt his company. This is very rare in today's business world and this is one of the reasons people are amazed by hid business plan.

BioWare needs to learn from this. Stop allowing the VPs to protect their jobs at the risk of the company product quality. We the consumer are not naive, we are growing more and more sophisticated and we have demands. Companies need to meet those demands or get in the unemployment line. This is not a threat it is simply an allegory, a truth that Bioware needs to heed.

Please let us tell BioWare what we want , what we would like to see in our game and what is unacceptable.

Thank you for your time.

PS. Before anyone decides to start a troll about me being a Jobs fanboy. I am not. I know he was a serious ******e to work for. I know he had serious emotional and psychological problems. But he was an innovator and he was successful and if a company wants success they should listen to what Steve Jobs had to say. It may not have been the complete recipe for success but it made sense and it worked. Companies could gain by learning from this.

Ok I had respect for Steve Jobs but if you mean his movie with Ashton Kutcher(honestly don't mean to troll you here, and I apologize if that's how it seems) but I'm fairly young so there could be a biography I'm not aware of but if it is the Kutcher "Jobs" movie honestly? Ashton Kutcher with an intellect in a movie?? Haven't seen it cuz can't get pass that point, tho I will admit previews don't look bad. In reference to the Girradda(think that's how ya spell it way too early for me to be awake on my day off esp since I'm on C.S.T. this'll prob come across trollish so again sir apologize but I'm half asleep so hopefully you can sympathize a bit esp with my comp messed up and not being able to play for two weeks don't mean to make it a sob story back to the hut, "We who are about to die, salute you!"

What is bizarre is your inability to grasp what I am saying. But it seems you are happy in your ignorance so why should I bother trying to educate you further. (I mean did you even bother to read in my OP about how and why companies switch from innovation to revenue focus? It seems you would rather use passive aggressiveness to derail the topic and create confrontation. If you want to discuss, offer ideas, if you want to fight go to the WZ )

I fully get what you are saying, I just think that you are wrong... and have I have proven where you were, or I don't like the ideas that you have put forward. I explained why I didn't like them and why I didn't think they were going to happen. Not thinking that somebody ideas are going to work is not the same thing as not understanding them. You don't seem to get that people can fully understand where you are coming from but still think you are wrong. :rak_02:

One thing I hope you are aware of is there is a problem with a dwindling population and as much as you may love the game as is; it would seem you are in a shrinking minority. The fact that nobody other than you has posted shows that there is a general apathy about where the game is headed and that makes me sad.

There are a large number of MMO's out there and as more and more come online with working budgets the market realities are going to favor smaller scope but highly focused MMOs. I don't see another WoW all things to all MMO players type of MMO coming out soon unless something completely different hits it. That's what I feel is the biggest problem with your suggestion is that it expands the scope of the game in an attempt to be all things to all people.

That said, the last I looked the numbers for SWTOR had stabilized fairly nicely at just under 500,000 which isn't what they had hoped for, but was right around where they need to be to make money.

So yes you can sit there and do nothing or yes you can ignorantly criticize my ideas but have you offered an alternative solution.... No. ...But hey, maybe you will turn it around and be of use here. I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm not sure why you put something on a web forum and then reacted with such anger when somebody disagreed with you about it. That seems crazy to me. :tran_tongue:

Edited by StarMagus

Ok I had respect for Steve Jobs but if you mean his movie with Ashton Kutcher(honestly don't mean to troll you here, and I apologize if that's how it seems) but I'm fairly young so there could be a biography I'm not aware of but if it is the Kutcher "Jobs" movie honestly? Ashton Kutcher with an intellect in a movie?? Haven't seen it cuz can't get pass that point, tho I will admit previews don't look bad. In reference to the Girradda(think that's how ya spell it way too early for me to be awake on my day off esp since I'm on C.S.T. this'll prob come across trollish so again sir apologize but I'm half asleep so hopefully you can sympathize a bit esp with my comp messed up and not being able to play for two weeks don't mean to make it a sob story back to the hut, "We who are about to die, salute you!"

Actually I still haven't seen the movie yet. The Biography is by Watson and I am guessing the movie is based on his book. I also make reference to the Lost Steve Jobs interview from 1985 (or was it 1995) If you do a search on Youtube I am sure you can find it.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Marrius

I fully get what you are saying, I just think that you are wrong... and have I have proven where you were, or I don't like the ideas that you have put forward. I explained why I didn't like them and why I didn't think they were going to happen. Not thinking that somebody ideas are going to work is not the same thing as not understanding them. You don't seem to get that people can fully understand where you are coming from but still think you are wrong. :rak_02:

There are a large number of MMO's out there and as more and more come online with working budgets the market realities are going to favor smaller scope but highly focused MMOs. I don't see another WoW all things to all MMO players type of MMO coming out soon unless something completely different hits it. That's what I feel is the biggest problem with your suggestion is that it expands the scope of the game in an attempt to be all things to all people.

That said, the last I looked the numbers for SWTOR had stabilized fairly nicely at just under 500,000 which isn't what they had hoped for, but was right around where they need to be to make money.

I'm not sure why you put something on a web forum and then reacted with such anger when somebody disagreed with you about it. That seems crazy to me. :tran_tongue:

1) you 've proven nothing

2)this is not about you stop taking it so personal.

3) If you really feel the need to be right here...fine you are right, I am wrong....next...

1) you 've proven nothing

2)this is not about you stop taking it so personal.

3) If you really feel the need to be right here...fine you are right, I am wrong....next...

I've played since Beta and to be honest it's not very fun anymore for some of the reasons you listed. I've finished all the stories and.....well there isn't much to do. I'm not much of an OPS person and even then, the story content from those OPS is minimal. It's, pop in, 20 seconds of dialogue, fight boss. I don't mind doing HM 55's but that really only leaves dailies and PvP. I can only grind Reputation and Basic Comms so much to the point of me smashing my face against my desk multiple times. PvP has lost its enjoyability for me. This past week I logged in and played the arena's and I just felt that it didn't require very much teamwork as compared to 8v8 and now having to grind for a new tier of gear. But PvP and OPS isn't my focus. For me, story is everything and since launch there hasn't been any new story content in relation to our classes. And the only content they've added since launch has been the HK quest line, Makeb, CZ-198, and Oricon. And half of these are a joke. For CZ and Oricon its, go to fleet, talk to npc with very little dialogue, go to destination and do quest, 30-35 minutes later return to npc and....that's it. And I have a feeling that any new content they release is going to be like this. Bioware kind of trapped themselves in a corner. They raised the bar for MMo's to be fully voiced. So any new content they release is expected to be fully voiced and that's expensive. And a certain company is more than likely not willing to invest anymore money in this game. With the introduction of free to play and the cartel market, they are only getting as much money from the players as they can without actually listening as what players want. And i find its stupid, but its not stupid its a calculated decision, that they put forth the time to introduce new cartel packs but not fix bugs that have been in the game since launch. If you look at videos of what the Dev's wanted to do, just when they were sharing details about the game vs. where the game is now. Its very obvious to see that a certain company has made Bioware its......uh whats the word? :sul_embarrassed:

I've played since Beta and to be honest it's not very fun anymore for some of the reasons you listed. I've finished all the stories and.....well there isn't much to do. I'm not much of an OPS person and even then, the story content from those OPS is minimal. It's, pop in, 20 seconds of dialogue, fight boss. I don't mind doing HM 55's but that really only leaves dailies and PvP. I can only grind Reputation and Basic Comms so much to the point of me smashing my face against my desk multiple times. PvP has lost its enjoyability for me. This past week I logged in and played the arena's and I just felt that it didn't require very much teamwork as compared to 8v8 and now having to grind for a new tier of gear. But PvP and OPS isn't my focus. For me, story is everything and since launch there hasn't been any new story content in relation to our classes. And the only content they've added since launch has been the HK quest line, Makeb, CZ-198, and Oricon. And half of these are a joke. For CZ and Oricon its, go to fleet, talk to npc with very little dialogue, go to destination and do quest, 30-35 minutes later return to npc and....that's it. And I have a feeling that any new content they release is going to be like this. Bioware kind of trapped themselves in a corner. They raised the bar for MMo's to be fully voiced. So any new content they release is expected to be fully voiced and that's expensive. And a certain company is more than likely not willing to invest anymore money in this game. With the introduction of free to play and the cartel market, they are only getting as much money from the players as they can without actually listening as what players want. And i find its stupid, but its not stupid its a calculated decision, that they put forth the time to introduce new cartel packs but not fix bugs that have been in the game since launch. If you look at videos of what the Dev's wanted to do, just when they were sharing details about the game vs. where the game is now. Its very obvious to see that a certain company has made Bioware its......uh whats the word? :sul_embarrassed:

You hit it on the head.

In fact you are like many BioWare fans. We expect good story from them but it seems times they are a changing, sadly corporate well being outweighs creativity and innovation.

I can't comment on PvP or anything that involves working with other players as I only play PvE and solo everything. But the main reason I've started playing and subscribing is the Class stories - and the voice acting is what really sells it to me. It's so immersive, and much more enjoyable than the other MMOs I tried. The others, including WoW, seem kind of soulless to me, with all the NPCs seeming like cardboard cutouts . The fact that so many have voices and are individual characters in this game is what has kept me coming back for more.

Although at the moment my highest level toon is at 40, so I know I have a lot of content to get through before I run out of story to explore, I do hope that they add much more for me to do later on. That's what's going to keep me subscribing, and spending money in the Cartel Market in the long run.

I can't comment on PvP or anything that involves working with other players as I only play PvE and solo everything. But the main reason I've started playing and subscribing is the Class stories - and the voice acting is what really sells it to me. It's so immersive, and much more enjoyable than the other MMOs I tried. The others, including WoW, seem kind of soulless to me, with all the NPCs seeming like cardboard cutouts . The fact that so many have voices and are individual characters in this game is what has kept me coming back for more.

Although at the moment my highest level toon is at 40, so I know I have a lot of content to get through before I run out of story to explore, I do hope that they add much more for me to do later on. That's what's going to keep me subscribing, and spending money in the Cartel Market in the long run.

Oh no, believe me if they add more story content I'll be back very quickly. :D

Actually I still haven't seen the movie yet. The Biography is by Watson and I am guessing the movie is based on his book. I also make reference to the Lost Steve Jobs interview from 1985 (or was it 1995) If you do a search on Youtube I am sure you can find it.

Hope that helps.

Never heard of those, only 23 here so that does help. I'll have to check that out

All I gotta say is Nolan North, who I believe is the Jedi Consular voice. And a VoiceOver legend IMHO, I play mostly imp and deleted my mid lvl shadow then rerolled and have a lowbie sage now

You hit it on the head.

In fact you are like many BioWare fans. We expect good story from them but it seems times they are a changing, sadly corporate well being outweighs creativity and innovation.

It could be that or it could be the massive sub loss after people hit 50 for the first time and story was clearly not enough to keep people around.

Firstly, this the OLD REPUBLIC, Darth Vader and Han solo won't be born for about three thousand years.

Secondly, this arena predates 2.4, in fact it goes back to way before 1.7, ie it's an old part of the game.

Thirdly there are PVP zones on the planets, just nobody uses them.

Wrong game, this is SWTOR not SWG, it will never be SWG, and most of us don't want SWG.

There is level 50 material, Maked, Oricon, Ilium, hardmode PVP and flashpoints. OK only Makeb has any real story content, but it's only 5 levels, you can't demand much story for five levels.

Yes, of course companies that are small will take risks, they are usually one step away from disaster any how, so no real risk, either it will save them, or they were going out anyway. If a large company does this, it is technically known as stupidity.

Also isn't surprising how it's the force of personality of the boss that saves a company rather than dumb luck, especially when they are telling the story.

As I said, when big companies take risks it is usually called being stupid, risks fail far more often than they succeed, which is why big companies avoid them, that said EA takes risks far more often than similar sized companies, although most similar sized companies are not games producers.

nobody is stopping you from using the suggestion box in general discussion.

What works and what doesn't is usually decided by four factors, company size, how successful it is, what industry it's in, and dumb luck. Now you are suggesting EA adopt a strategy from (then) a small, failing, hardware company while it is a Huge, successful software company, if you can't see the problem I can't explain it.

Firstly, this the OLD REPUBLIC, Darth Vader and Han solo won't be born for about three thousand years.

Secondly, this arena predates 2.4, in fact it goes back to way before 1.7, ie it's an old part of the game.

Thirdly there are PVP zones on the planets, just nobody uses them.

Wrong game, this is SWTOR not SWG, it will never be SWG, and most of us don't want SWG.

There is level 50 material, Maked, Oricon, Ilium, hardmode PVP and flashpoints. OK only Makeb has any real story content, but it's only 5 levels, you can't demand much story for five levels.

Yes, of course companies that are small will take risks, they are usually one step away from disaster any how, so no real risk, either it will save them, or they were going out anyway. If a large company does this, it is technically known as stupidity.

Also isn't surprising how it's the force of personality of the boss that saves a company rather than dumb luck, especially when they are telling the story.

As I said, when big companies take risks it is usually called being stupid, risks fail far more often than they succeed, which is why big companies avoid them, that said EA takes risks far more often than similar sized companies, although most similar sized companies are not games producers.

nobody is stopping you from using the suggestion box in general discussion.

What works and what doesn't is usually decided by four factors, company size, how successful it is, what industry it's in, and dumb luck. Now you are suggesting EA adopt a strategy from (then) a small, failing, hardware company while it is a Huge, successful software company, if you can't see the problem I can't explain it.

Hmmw. Well actually you are wrong. on nearly every point.

First, you say 'we' and 'us' when saying galaxies is not wanted by the SWTOR players. The forums dictate otherwise my friend. look at the number of calls for Galaxies material to be brought into SWTOR. The fact is (And this was pointed out in another thread) Galaxies shut down to make way for SWTOR so most of the Galaxy fans are here now.

Second. If you had not cherry picked my post and researched/read more before giving your uninformed opinions you would know that there is evidence of a very successful company that too big risks and is not one of the leading companies in its field. I will give you a hint, they just made a movie about the company founder. If you think this is a one off I encourage you to read the corporate history of Heinz Ketchup.

Third, you took the the ideas I made on both PVP and story and presented them out of context but in light of the way you presented the rest of your argument I am not surprised at your brand of spreading disinformation.

Ultimately you want to be heard and it sounds like you enjoy the game as is. I, on the other-hand am not one to just roll over and accept whatever someone presents to me. The inquisitive mind is an educated mind so by gosh I am going to question everything I can.

I want change and many other posters have expressed similar change. Change is good. Didn't one pointy eared fellow once say nature abhors a vacuum?

So, my fine feathered friend, it would appear you are not speaking for everyone when you make your bold claims.

Nice try though and your writing is done quite well.

Cheers

First, you say 'we' and 'us' when saying galaxies is not wanted by the SWTOR players. The forums dictate otherwise my friend. look at the number of calls for Galaxies material to be brought into SWTOR. The fact is (And this was pointed out in another thread) Galaxies shut down to make way for SWTOR so most of the Galaxy fans are here now.

Yes but for every one person saying that we should incorporate player cities there have been five people saying no thanks. Also most threads saying galaxies was shut down for this game ignore that there was only a fraction of the players that they remember, not enough for the game to have continued even if swtor had been coming.

Second. If you had not cherry picked my post and researched/read more before giving your uninformed opinions you would know that there is evidence of a very successful company that too big risks and is not one of the leading companies in its field. I will give you a hint, they just made a movie about the company founder. If you think this is a one off I encourage you to read the corporate history of Heinz Ketchup.

You missed my point I'm afraid, most risks companies take fail, companies that take risks they can avoid usually end up in trouble, not always, and not always to the point of bankrupcy. Also it's a complicated web of factors that determine which risks work out, much more complicated than you present. Also I'm not sure what you mean by cherry pick, you posted in paragraphs, I put my response below those paragraphs, I missed a few I had no problem with, is that cherry picking?

Third, you took the the ideas I made on both PVP and story and presented them out of context but in light of the way you presented the rest of your argument I am not surprised at your brand of spreading disinformation.

Nope, you made a comment about Vader and Solo playing Hutball, made it sound like a recent addition, I pointed out the timeline and that it's been here for ages, that's not out of context, in fact it's in direct response to your context

Ultimately you want to be heard and it sounds like you enjoy the game as is. I, on the other-hand am not one to just roll over and accept whatever someone presents to me. The inquisitive mind is an educated mind so by gosh I am going to question everything I can.

Good, but I challenge what I perceive to be bad ideas too.

I want change and many other posters have expressed similar change. Change is good. Didn't one pointy eared fellow once say nature abhors a vacuum?

Change is change, it's the nature of the changes that determines whether it's good or bad, for example they could replace blasters with custard pie guns ala bugsy malone, it would be a change but a bad one I feel.

So, my fine feathered friend, it would appear you are not speaking for everyone when you make your bold claims.

Nice try though and your writing is done quite well.

Cheers

Didn't say everyone just most, although it's a matter of opinion unless we ask everyone individually. Like the penguin quote though, and thanks for the compliment

For me, the only way this game can continue is by extending the individual class and companion stories. They must continue the stories as they were started. We were promised to be the heroes of our own adventure, and after 50 this stops dead. No story, your companions won't speak to you at max affection, that's it. Zip, zilch nada. And you know what? It sucks. Badly.

Without story extension for the individual classes, and even new classes, with new stories, this game is doomed.

They've said they don't want to go that way, but it's up to us players to make them change their minds and give us the individual story extensions we want and deserve.