Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My respec costs 36550 credits now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
My respec costs 36550 credits now

Mrtomie
01.23.2012 , 08:51 AM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by Skaarrj View Post
This is terrible. I have to go back to healing, and back to gunnery (dps) in order to heal some heroics and flashpoints. But when questing as a healer, ITS MISERABLY SLOW.

Make respecs like 10k credits max. I don't understand why you feel the need to charge outrageous sums of credits for a respec.

I mean if you aren't going to have some form of dual spec at launch, make sure that respccing doesn't cost me my genitals.

***EDIT***

My respec now costs 99880 credits (or something around that). I can't buy anything from the GTN, I can't do what I want to do with my cash beacause of these ridiculous respec costs. I like doing different things with my single toon. I like this toon, A lot. Why do I have to take the shaft because I like experimenting?

I see there's a 1 free respec a week, and then it goes up. This is simply not enough.

Let your players have the freedom of exploration without the moneysink. There's already PLENTY of money sinks in this game to suit biowares intended goals/purposes. But players like me, who like to try out different specs, experiment, and just test different things out.....we have next to 0 cash. All the time. It's a pain in the neck.

There are MMO's that allow you to have multiple specs to help facilitate the need to experiment, WITHOUT charging you an arm and a leg. Until features like these are employed, I will never be able to purchase the level 2, and 3 Mount training because respecs take all my cash away.
Sounds like a personal problem. No one forces you to respec multiple times within a week. What's wrong with sticking with one spec? If you want dps then roll dps class, if you want heals then roll a healer. If you can't make your decision and end up re-specing then that's your own fault. Plus making money in this game is cake.

lovestopip
01.23.2012 , 09:03 AM | #342
I have a LvL 50 Jugg and LvL 50 Powertech, and am leveling an operative and from my experience, my heal spec operative levels the fastest, maybe u need to learn to play. Get a tank companion.. I can take on 2 same level elites no problem.

lovestopip
01.23.2012 , 09:09 AM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by gaalon View Post
What the hell does this have to do with anything? If someone complains to you that changing the oil on their car costs them 50k, do you respond by saying "my bike doesn't have to change oil and it's running perfectly"? Probably beta was full of blind people like you... that's why so many important features are so damn terrible or simply non-existent.

Good testers are critical testers. Not blind fanbois.

Back to topic: yes, respeccing costs are pants on head retarded. First BW is dumb enough to release the game without dual spec (which every cheap WOW clone has) and then they turn around and make respeccing extremely expensive.

This kind of crap really makes me question the devs competence (and destroys what little trust I have in this company to ever recognize what an average MMO-player wants).

Edit:

That's great for you. So as soon as you're max level and don't have to respec any more (or at least not as often) then it gets affordable. Makes perfect sense to me... oh wait.
Ok, your analogy of cars/bike is just stupid. This is a friggin game, your comparison isn't even close. For leveling, its easy just to spread your talent points around so you can fit both roles and not waste credits. As for the second part of your post, it contradicts the first part. While I agree there should be a cap on the max respec cost, but if people are dumb enough to respec 4-5 times a week they should be punished, in this case by paying for it with credits.

Obeesh
02.05.2012 , 08:47 PM | #344
I'd like to see a price cap or perhaps something like dual-spec.

Dwimmerlaik
02.05.2012 , 09:38 PM | #345
I love the people in this thread that apparently hate fun. "Respec costs too high? lol @ you noob, stick to one spec."

Add the respec button to the talent tree window itself.
Make respecs cost, at max, 10,000 credits.
Add multispec (Dualspec is too easy).

Obeesh
02.06.2012 , 02:17 PM | #346
Quote: Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
I love the people in this thread that apparently hate fun. "Respec costs too high? lol @ you noob, stick to one spec." .
I love all the trolls.

Skapek-Skocap
02.06.2012 , 02:18 PM | #347
I haven't changed my expertise once.

Pick something and stick to it. If you can't don't whine about the cost.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

miliways
02.06.2012 , 03:10 PM | #348
Quote: Originally Posted by Skapek-Skocap View Post
I haven't changed my expertise once.

Pick something and stick to it. If you can't don't whine about the cost.
^^^^^^^^^^

Respecs are for if you make a mistake, or you want to try a different build. Not for juggling two different playstyles.

There aren't dual-specs in the game right now, and that is intentional. They don't want you rolling on all possible gear, you should pick a role and stick to it. If you want to move your talents around a little, thats fine, but completely changing trees back and forth isn't encouraged.

The cost is directly to stop you from doing this. You're upset because you're trying to have something you can't.

Strongfort
02.09.2012 , 12:37 PM | #349
I think Dual specs are badly needed. As a Merc I often have to fill the role we need at the moment, either DPS or THE healer for the groups (hard modes). I also love to PvP, but hate Healing spec in PvP.

I would love to see a dual spec system implemented, but in the meantime let's figure out a temporary solution.

Suggestions for the meantime until the programming of dual spec can by implemented:
  • Max cost of respeccing (10k, 25k?)
  • Add a 1-time large cost item that you can buy that will give you free respecs? $250,000 credits for token you consume that will allow you to have free respecs (for X amount of time?)
  • Add the option from trainer to "revert to previous spec" for a reduced cost (10k, instead of normal respec cost).
  • Have the respec cost reset daily? Most probably will agree we don't need to respec more than once a day.

Just throwing out suggestions. Any of these would be better than what we have now and probably faster to implement than a whole new dual-spec system.

salamanderx
02.09.2012 , 02:23 PM | #350
LOL, by now you should have figured out what spec you wanna play!

I've had to change a grand total of twice so far and doing just fine. And only did that many times because I knew the system allowed it, if not I'd still be fine if not optimal for a couple levels!
MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU