Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Emperor's Name


HOODRXCH's Avatar


HOODRXCH
05.29.2019 , 01:46 AM | #1
Regarding the Ziost story, how do we know The Emperor's name is Vitiate? Was there an Operation or other story I missed where we discover more about him and who is actually is? It was mad weird going from referring to him as "The Emperor" to "Vitiate", so I was just wondering.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.29.2019 , 05:48 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HOODRXCH View Post
Regarding the Ziost story, how do we know The Emperor's name is Vitiate? Was there an Operation or other story I missed where we discover more about him and who is actually is? It was mad weird going from referring to him as "The Emperor" to "Vitiate", so I was just wondering.
Wookieepedia says that the name Vitiate was given to him by Marka Ragnos way far back in the day, which sort of implies that it's not exactly a secret.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate

I think the key point is that by the time we get to Ziost, Imperial people like Lana are beginning to reject the idea of him being (worthy of being) their Emperor. Given that, it's reasonable to start calling him Vitiate rather than Emperor.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
05.29.2019 , 08:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Wookieepedia says that the name Vitiate was given to him by Marka Ragnos way far back in the day, which sort of implies that it's not exactly a secret.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate

I think the key point is that by the time we get to Ziost, Imperial people like Lana are beginning to reject the idea of him being (worthy of being) their Emperor. Given that, it's reasonable to start calling him Vitiate rather than Emperor.
Pretty much. Plus Revan Reborn does call him Vitiate if your raid party dies "I'm coming for you, Vitiate."
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

HOODRXCH's Avatar


HOODRXCH
05.29.2019 , 01:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Wookieepedia says that the name Vitiate was given to him by Marka Ragnos way far back in the day, which sort of implies that it's not exactly a secret.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate

I think the key point is that by the time we get to Ziost, Imperial people like Lana are beginning to reject the idea of him being (worthy of being) their Emperor. Given that, it's reasonable to start calling him Vitiate rather than Emperor.
Ah that makes sense, thank you.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
05.29.2019 , 01:24 PM | #5
Yeah my understanding was that wasn't meant to be a secret, but it was just the first time the game's story dialogue acknowledged his name.

Krimlord's Avatar


Krimlord
06.08.2019 , 10:37 PM | #6
And yet in Knight's of the fallen empire he is only understood as Valkorion by everyone no matter what. And they all know it's the Emperor yet just call him Valkorion. But it is later revealed Valkorion was a "Great warrior" he hollowed out and took as his new vessel. And yet still everyone only considers him Valkorion, aside from his sith father who doesn't even call him viitate but tenebrae. We never even got the see his original sith pureblood vessel basically meaning Valkorion was all he was anymore. As if they're the same. Which is rather disappointing. I kind of would have prefered a realization Senya would have that Valkorion is no longer Valkorion and to "kill the imposter" or something, or what corrupted him and destroyed the man she knew since he wasn't always Tenebrae.

But nope. The Sith Emperor is Vititate. He changed his mind and becomes Valkorion. And his original persona is practically forgotten.

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
06.08.2019 , 10:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Krimlord View Post
And yet in Knight's of the fallen empire he is only understood as Valkorion by everyone no matter what. And they all know it's the Emperor yet just call him Valkorion. But it is later revealed Valkorion was a "Great warrior" he hollowed out and took as his new vessel. And yet still everyone only considers him Valkorion, aside from his sith father who doesn't even call him viitate but tenebrae. We never even got the see his original sith pureblood vessel basically meaning Valkorion was all he was anymore. As if they're the same. Which is rather disappointing. I kind of would have prefered a realization Senya would have that Valkorion is no longer Valkorion and to "kill the imposter" or something, or what corrupted him and destroyed the man she knew since he wasn't always Tenebrae.

But nope. The Sith Emperor is Vititate. He changed his mind and becomes Valkorion. And his original persona is practically forgotten.
Vitiate found and hollowed out Valkorian centuries before Senya was even born.

He simply gave up the Sith Empire as a lost cause and Zakuul became his "focus"
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Krimlord's Avatar


Krimlord
06.08.2019 , 10:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Vitiate found and hollowed out Valkorian centuries before Senya was even born.

He simply gave up the Sith Empire as a lost cause and Zakuul became his "focus"
Centuries before she's born? Senya said Valkorion had changed though. He was kind, benevolent, until the kids were born. And turned into a monster.

I suppose you can say he abandoned his identity it's just like he is only known as Valkorion now. Like tenebrae doesn't exist. Only Valkorion. And yet he was called Tenebrae by his father.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
06.09.2019 , 12:23 AM | #9
I think the fact that everyone consistently calls him Valkorion in Kotfe and Kotet is just to simplify the conversations and/or avoid confusing players. I feel like it would be more realistic that the Republic and Imperial characters would all refer to him by the name they knew him as instead of Valkorion, but Valkorion was the name associated with those expansions.

It's not 100% clear why Valkorion's behavior changed, but I thought the idea was simply that he got tired of the act after a while.

MikeCobalt's Avatar


MikeCobalt
06.09.2019 , 02:04 AM | #10
I didn't think anybody on Zakuul would've had any idea of his life *Before he hollowed out Valkorian, Valkorian is all they've ever known of him. As for Valkorian's Changing, I've just always associated that the same as the videos and his dialog (Mainly with Arcann), Valkorian lost interest once he determined all three were *Failures at what he wanted (Another Vessel). I thought the Vitiate/ Valkorian changed long before, Those Zakuulian mega spires and cities don't seem to have just appeared that quickly.

There's no reason for any of the Zakuulians to know Valkorian as anybody else. Arcann did for a *Moment have a glimmer of potential for Valkorian the Moment he Killed Thexan. Valkorian even showed compassion for the first time in Arcanns life "Right Then". Arcann lost the only thing he cared about, Thexan (Sacrifice); there was even the beginning of a smile when Arcann jumped at Valkorian (Possibly knew what was coming next). At this point Arcann Might have been possible but later on again proved to be "Insufficient to what Valkorian wanted. The Zakuulians (including Senya) seemed totally ignorant to really anything outside of their own little pampered lives.