Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chris "BioChris" Schmidt Please Read : Tweaks needed for latest pvp changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Chris "BioChris" Schmidt Please Read : Tweaks needed for latest pvp changes

-Bob-
08.20.2020 , 06:59 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
Raansu sounds like delusional to me, what you scared about ?? afraid they'll limit group sizes so you and your bros wont be able to stomp pubs anymore .
PVP is cross faction, has been for some time now, that comment reinforces the idea that you don't know what you're talking about.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

Raansu
08.20.2020 , 09:36 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Turn-XGundam View Post
Raansu sounds like delusional to me, what you scared about ?? afraid they'll limit group sizes so you and your bros wont be able to stomp pubs anymore

there's a lot of premades in this game, swtor has always had a premade problem.
I solo almost exclusively, mostly because I play at my own pace and I tend to log in and out a lot sometimes to send alts on gathering missions. You can look up my twitch streams if you want and see for yourself that whenever I pvp I'm solo queuing. The pvp guild I'm in on imp side spends most of their time in solo ranked and doesn't group up for regs very often, and the guild I'm in pub side isn't a pvp guild and I only on occasion group up for 3 or 4 matches with 2 or 3 others and its usually just a bunch of dps. We never have the "optimal" group, which I would say goes for probably 98% of the people "premading" in pvp.

I don't think there's a lot of premades and I definitely do not believe the game has a premade problem. People love to over exaggerate and generally blame "premades" when they lose a match. Plenty of times I've see someone mention a premade in chat and I look at the other team and I don't see anything that would indicate a premade. People run into a premade maybe once or twice a night and then think for the rest of the night all their losses are because of premades, which is nonsense. The games matchmaking is just trash. I don't go super tryhard on dps numbers since I tend to focus on the objective and I till average around 8k dps on my mains while the rest of the team does like 2k dps if that and the enemy team will have several players in my dps range while on my team its just me. That's not a premade problem, that' a matchmaking problem.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
If we take premades out of the equation, there are still 20 other things that I think Bioware need to consider. Those are things Iíd like veteran players feedback on (like yourself).
I know you have a lot to offer the community and while we donít always agree, I more often than not agree with your analysis of pvp.
I have gone over some of them, but I'll reiterate my opinion on them.

I think the lockout timer is fine and doesn't need to be changed.

I think the new daily and weekly is fine and should require wins to complete a daily just like FP's require you to win by defeating the bosses to get a completion of their dailies. The only issue with the pvp daily is the rewards are garbage and yes the games matchmaking is trash. The daily should continue to require a win and give similar rewards to the vet fp daily and winning a match in general should give rewards comparable to completing a run of hammer station vet mode. Losing a match should give rewards similar to the daily group finder bonus. So nowhere near a good as winning, but it gives something so that farming tech frags and gear in pvp is viable win or lose but winning will be 2x as rewarding.

Premades, been over it. I used to feel the same way, but now a days I think they are fine. Pop is too small and its unfair to people who want to group up. Not all premades are super try hard number farmers. Most of them are just a group of 3-4 people just queuing with whatever, usually an assortment of all dps and not even trying to get a healer or tank.

Yes matchmaking is a joke and completely not working.

I'm against map choice. Too many pvp games I've seen obscure maps I like die because no one will play them.

I'm not in favor of hiding end of match stats. Overwatch does this and it changes nothing. People act the same about their "personal" medals even though there is no scoreboard to see other players stats. Plus, you can't even see the scoreboard till the match is over, so who cares.

Medals are whatever. If they wanna revamp them, fine, but they should come with bonus rewards for objective based medals only.

Already covered the better rewards issue.

WoW if I recall ( I haven't played in about 3 years) allows you to remove 2 maps from the queue, and if you remove any maps you don't get the bonus rewards. I'm still not in favor of map select, but if they were to implement it, then if you uncheck any map you can't get completion towards the daily/weekly. That would be my approach to ensure all maps still get equal play time. If you don't care about the daily/weekly or you completed it, have at it at picking your maps.

Aebrynis
08.20.2020 , 11:50 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Hi Chris (and community team, can you please forward this and make sure Chris gets it)

<SNIP>

Thank you for reading.
A heartfelt +1. Excellently put.