Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Claydetta
05.03.2017 , 07:06 AM | #791
Can't delete any character... Endless loading.
http://imgur.com/a/27rh2

btw many ppls on fleet have a same problem.

Torvai
05.03.2017 , 08:03 AM | #792
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

First, during our initial validation steps this morning, anyone using BitRaider to update the SWTOR client quickly discovered nothing was actually downloaded. This delayed the opening by about an hour.
It's always Bitraider if something doesn't work with the launcher, login, or patches. ALWAYS!

Really, why do you still insist on using that pile of junk?

dr_mike
05.03.2017 , 09:34 AM | #793
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Really, why do you still insist on using that pile of junk?
Probably because it works for the bulk of users?
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Icykill_
05.03.2017 , 07:11 PM | #794
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hi Eric - Keith,,

Should we assume the white Accute model will turn off double XP?? I really hope the answer is yes

Highlights
May the 4th In honor of May the 4th, log in between May 2nd and May 8th to earn your very own M4-Y6 Astromech mini-pet. The Double XP event will also run from May 4th to May 14th!
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Andryah
05.03.2017 , 07:18 PM | #795
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Hi Eric,

Should we assume the white Accute model will turn off double XP?? I really hope the answer is yes

Highlights
May the 4th In honor of May the 4th, log in between May 2nd and May 8th to earn your very own M4-Y6 Astromech mini-pet. The Double XP event will also run from May 4th to May 14th!
Heh.. since he is off now until tomorrow morning.... we will know the answer before he gets around to a response.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Icykill_
05.03.2017 , 07:24 PM | #796
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Heh.. since he is off now until tomorrow morning.... we will know the answer before he gets around to a response.
Maybe Keith will answer... anyway, how do you know he is off?
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

DownloadStarter
05.05.2017 , 07:20 AM | #797
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
Probably because it works for the bulk of users?
Really? How? Because Bitraider has only caused me problems; I have never benefited from it. I would actually wholeheartedly recommend any new player (or existing who hasn't already!) simply do the Bitraider-free installation method from the start.

What benefits do YOU gain from Bitraider, and are they enough to offset the wide range of issues linked to Bitraider over the past few years?

olagatonjedi
05.06.2017 , 04:17 AM | #798
Quote: Originally Posted by Blade_Redwind View Post
I pay for a service. Honestly, I'm not even bent out of shape about this. I'm just pointing out that people aren't happy about the fact that they can't play right now for various reasons, some of them not even reasons one might consider stupid. (For some people this might be there only day off for the week and they were genuinely looking forward to playing. And when you bust *** at work all week and you wanna play the one thing you paid for and it doesn't work? Leaves a bitter taste.)

And also--because pointing out that 'we' don't have to like it is just as silly as pointing out that people agreed to hiccups when they signed on to play the game and paid the sub fee.
You contradict yourself. You want Bioware to bring the servers up at the expected scheduled time, but clearly there is an issue that is preventing that. It sounds as though you were prefer them to bring the server up live with issues still in place, which will then require them to bring it back down to fix, which means additional downtime. Do you want a broken game early, or do you want a fixed game late?

dr_mike
05.06.2017 , 05:52 AM | #799
Quote: Originally Posted by DownloadStarter View Post
Really? How? Because Bitraider has only caused me problems
Then you don't speak for "most" users. You speak for yoruself.

*Misc ranting and rambling*
No specifics given. Skipping.

What benefits do YOU gain from Bitraider, and are they enough to offset the wide range of issues linked to Bitraider over the past few years?
99% "wide range of issues" you mention are fixed with the sticky at the top of the forums. You're talking about an education issue with folks who hit that New Thread button first before that look at what's in front of them. If you yourself skim the forums, most of those "wide range of issues" are fixed with that sticky. It's not the software's fault people don't look first before hitting that Post button.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth