Great maintenance today..... -.-

Batwer

I can sympathize with ossus frustrations as my (well documented) 5 attempts it took to get my lightsaber thoroughly reinforced my already negative and (probably unnecessarily) stubborn attitude regarding Ossus gear. I should compile screenshots of all the 252 gear I'm not using just to be a jerk.

That said, I think all they did was back end maintenance that shouldnt have affected anything?

Edited by KendraP

Maintenance has NOTHING to do with that. No patches came through on our end.

Sounds like you might be bugged.

Maintenance can mean more than just restarting the server. You don’t always need a patch to make changes or prepare the system for future changes. They are even capable of making changes while the game is live (which they’ve done in the past).

It’s very possible they made a tweak to a setting that has cause this or there is corruption from the back up they take before they take the system down. It’s certainly not unheard of or the first time this has happened without a patch being applied.

agree who knows what back-end changes were made, patching is what happens to the client not to the server

Either way, so far I've not seen one person complaining that the Bug is bugged again. So OP was either bugged or trolling...Or if true, ppl don't care anymore. lol

I can sympathize with ossus frustrations as my (well documented) 5 attempts it took to get my lightsaber thoroughly reinforced my already negative and (probably unnecessarily) stubborn attitude regarding Ossus gear. I should compile screenshots of all the 252 gear I'm not using just to be a jerk.

That said, I think all they did was back end maintenance that shouldnt have affected anything?

omg, you gave in?! You actually are DOING the Ossus grind?!?!?!?

Either way, so far I've not seen one person complaining that the Bug is bugged again. So OP was either bugged or trolling...Or if true, ppl don't care anymore. lol

Nobody cares. They has probably come to terms with it. Maybe just on Tulak Hord. Pfff...Then I'll let Ossus stay again. :)

If I wanted to troll I would have written something else. (Ask the people in the German forum.) ;):p:D

omg, you gave in?! You actually are DOING the Ossus grind?!?!?!?

No, I wanted the title (defender of the jedi) and just happened to get a bunch of the gear in the process (random crate drops mostly). I keep them in the bottom of my inventory just in case I want to take a spiteful screenshot

Edited by KendraP

I have advocated in the past that the weekly master crystal allotment should be tied to the dailies weekly and not the world bosses weekly.

The world bosses weekly should have rewarded everyone one Rated 252 gear crate,

A weekly story mode Queen raid one masterwork crystal along with

keeping the current veteran mode rewarding a monumental crystal.

Even when the boss Kil'Cik wasn't bugged there is the issue of the boss R8-X8 which has players spending more time running back from re-spawn than actually raiding the boss. If the boss R8-X8 is defeated before the player returns than that player does not get credit. This event occurs frequently.

For the past three years many of us spent most of our time grinding for gear than actually really using the gear.

Edited by jimmorrisson

I don't know who you think you're being spiteful to. BW only cares about you subbing - they don't care what armor you use (or not). :D

Oh at the end of the day I know this. But it makes me feel better to air my grievances and make sure Musco has read my displeasure. The simple fact I know there is no way Musco has managed to avoid seeing how unhappy I am makes me happy. Call me mean or whatever, but as a paying customer I feel I have every right to my opinion and to air it to Musco.

For what little good it does, because then they just insult your intelligence and reading comprehension ability.

Not confirmed.

Worked fine for the group I was in.

Need more details than just 2 groups out of the MANY that have been running it. My server alone.

Yes, confirmed. It's a random bug, that's what a bug is. Details were provided. Some aren't getting credit for the crystal. It's very simple. If you would like more detailed information, I'm sure the devs will provide some sooner or later, or you can always go to Ossus and ask in General chat. There were multiple groups in a span of roughly three hours that were having the same issue. Some even mentioned the work-around is to kill the bot last.

I don't know who you think you're being spiteful to. BW only cares about you subbing - they don't care what armor you use (or not). :D

That is true, but I think the technical term in the Bio office is called “player RNG”. They spin the wheel to see who they piss off and make leave. LoL

RNG on RNG on RNG is the new swtor meme ;)

See, I even agreed with you for once because you won the RNG spin :p

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That is true, but I think the technical term in the Bio office is called “player RNG”. They spin the wheel to see who they piss off and make leave. LoL

RNG on RNG on RNG is the new swtor meme ;)

See, I even agreed with you for once because you won the RNG spin :p

What I like is their new trend. You don't like the direction we're going? You're just not smart enough to understand what we're saying! Thanks Musco, really...

Yes, confirmed. It's a random bug, that's what a bug is. Details were provided. Some aren't getting credit for the crystal. It's very simple. If you would like more detailed information, I'm sure the devs will provide some sooner or later, or you can always go to Ossus and ask in General chat. There were multiple groups in a span of roughly three hours that were having the same issue. Some even mentioned the work-around is to kill the bot last.

No it's not confirmed. Confirmed would be A. Eric coming here stating yes this is a prob. we are looking into. Or B. More players than just the 2-3 here saying it is & yall quoting that it's a prob.

Almost sounds as if it's relegated to one server. Or maybe even one instance on that server? Not sure. AGAIN NOT ENOUGH details to even confirm it's a prob.

The issue I have with it is coming to the forums saying "Oh it's bugged, blah blah blah, when so far the only ones here are saying it is. NO ONE IN GAME has even confirmed it. Even when asked. All that does is deter others. When they may not even have a problem with it.

So the best thing would be to open an in game ticket. Provide as much details as possible. And even post in the bug forums. Go from there. :rolleyes:

I have advocated in the past that the weekly master crystal allotment should be tied to the dailies weekly and not the world bosses weekly.

The world bosses weekly should have rewarded everyone one Rated 252 gear crate,

A weekly story mode Queen raid one masterwork crystal along with

keeping the current veteran mode rewarding a monumental crystal.

Even when the boss Kil'Cik wasn't bugged there is the issue of the boss R8-X8 which has players spending more time running back from re-spawn than actually raiding the boss. If the boss R8-X8 is defeated before the player returns than that player does not get credit. This event occurs frequently.

For the past three years many of us spent most of our time grinding for gear than actually really using the gear.

That has to be the most apt summation of gear grinding in this game. Yet people keep supporting them and saying this is an MMO so there must be a gear grind. Well, the more they spend on tweaking or overhauling the gearing for those people the less time they're working on and developing real content.

No, I wanted the title (defender of the jedi) and just happened to get a bunch of the gear in the process (random crate drops mostly). I keep them in the bottom of my inventory just in case I want to take a spiteful screenshot

If I ever get around to Ossus it'll be for the title and to max the rep. The story is humdrum and the gear is, as I understand it, going to be immediately useless after 6.0. I'm currently doing Iokath for the same reason.

Edited by Ardrossan

No it's not confirmed. Confirmed would be A. Eric coming here stating yes this is a prob. we are looking into. Or B. More players than just the 2-3 here saying it is & yall quoting that it's a prob.

Almost sounds as if it's relegated to one server. Or maybe even one instance on that server? Not sure. AGAIN NOT ENOUGH details to even confirm it's a prob.

The issue I have with it is coming to the forums saying "Oh it's bugged, blah blah blah, when so far the only ones here are saying it is. NO ONE IN GAME has even confirmed it. Even when asked. All that does is deter others. When they may not even have a problem with it.

So the best thing would be to open an in game ticket. Provide as much details as possible. And even post in the bug forums. Go from there. :rolleyes:

Quaint little diatribe. ;)

It was confirmed, not only by myself, but the person who started this thread, along with countless others on Ossus. Eric's seal of approval isn't needed to know it can bug. Your assumption a ticket hasn't already been sent in is laughable.

Quaint little diatribe. ;)

It was confirmed, not only by myself, but the person who started this thread, along with countless others on Ossus. Eric's seal of approval isn't needed to know it can bug. Your assumption a ticket hasn't already been sent in is laughable.

What countless others?? You mean the ones running it back to back; spamming LFM that have NO PROBLEMS at all?? lol Sure...

And just to check again, I asked on Ossus earlier. Basically people thought I was trolling till I explained. They said Not bugged...LOL

Some may have issues, not even gonna argue that point. But to come here & paint it bold & red as bugged...Nope ain't happening.

Now there could be a common thread amongst those that have the "bug" that should be figured out, but it's not a common thing.

*rolls eyes*

What countless others?? You mean the ones running it back to back; spamming LFM that have NO PROBLEMS at all?? lol Sure...

And just to check again, I asked on Ossus earlier. Basically people thought I was trolling till I explained. They said Not bugged...LOL

Some may have issues, not even gonna argue that point. But to come here & paint it bold & red as bugged...Nope ain't happening.

Now there could be a common thread amongst those that have the "bug" that should be figured out, but it's not a common thing.

*rolls eyes*

The countless others that were in the group I was in, in addition to the ones in General chat when asked. And no one mentioned it being a 'common thing'. It was mentioned that it bugged. This isn't hard to understand. ;)