ill-equipped for HM Flashpoints

dovid-r

Just get the Recruit MK-2 gear-set from the PvP-terminal at the fleet. This is enough for every HM Flashpoint except Lost Island, and also good for Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace -operations in Story Mode. Grinding Daily-commendations for Armorings isn't even productive anymore, just drop the idea of doing it.

Daily missions! Not only will you get armoring, mods, hilts or barrels, and enhancements, but daily comms will buy you Rakata quality earpieces, implants, and relics. And you'll make credits and legacy points, too.

I made up a list for my guildies, you can see it here: Daily Missions which you're welcome to read, just to be sure you're getting all the missions.

I haven't added in the new Section X dailies yet, but those are a lot harder, so you might want to wait until you're better geared for those. :)

Just get the Recruit MK-2 gear-set from the PvP-terminal at the fleet. This is enough for every HM Flashpoint except Lost Island, and also good for Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace -operations in Story Mode. Grinding Daily-commendations for Armorings isn't even productive anymore, just drop the idea of doing it.

I am very very astonished about this recruit armor.

All dailies are well done with yor fresh 50 gear - blue and even green. Dailies get you purple 50 and 51 mods Tionese grade, which you can get from HM Flashs Tier1.

Recruit MK2 are slightly worse then Columi - which is the goal of HM Flash run... there's no sense then in HM Tier1 - you got already that level of gear that HM Tier1 can give you...

May be BW think fresh 50 must go streight to the HM Tier2 or even Operations?

Or they think gamers to be too dull to play HM Flashes not overgeared!?

and I have a question: can one trade daily commendations for Rakata Gear?

or it is exclusive to operations loot?

Because i haven't seen that option.

I am full of daily commendations and wear random Columi, Rkatata and Blackhole items, but do not have any patience to run weeklies for a year to grind enough BH commendations to buy the whole set.

In this respect PVP is way faster, cos you can do operations in Battlemaster gear.

I am very very astonished about this recruit armor.

All dailies are well done with yor fresh 50 gear - blue and even green. Dailies get you purple 50 and 51 mods Tionese grade, which you can get from HM Flashs Tier1.

Recruit MK2 are slightly worse then Columi - which is the goal of HM Flash run... there's no sense then in HM Tier1 - you got already that level of gear that HM Tier1 can give you...

May be BW think fresh 50 must go streight to the HM Tier2 or even Operations?

Or they think gamers to be too dull to play HM Flashes not overgeared!?

Recruit Mk-2 is slightly better than Tionese, but signifiantly worse than Columi. Yes you do get a lot of Tionese from the Tier 1 HM FPs, but you can also get Columi gear from them, which is the goal. You need to be in full Columi or better gear before moving onto the Tier 2 HM FP (Lost Island only so far) and HM Ops. You can do SM KP or EV in Recruit Gear,

Basically, Recruit Mk-2 is your fresh 50 gear for entry level, which you get a one-time free set from the pvp terminal on fleet.. Tionese is obsolete - I only use it to equip on my companions, until I can upgrade them to Columi or better.

and I have a question: can one trade daily commendations for Rakata Gear?

or it is exclusive to operations loot?

Because i haven't seen that option.

I am full of daily commendations and wear random Columi, Rkatata and Blackhole items, but do not have any patience to run weeklies for a year to grind enough BH commendations to buy the whole set.

In this respect PVP is way faster, cos you can do operations in Battlemaster gear.

You can trade daily comms for Rakata Earpiece, and Implants, and I believe Campaign Relics - do this with mission support (daily) vendors at the Black Hole, Ilum, Section X etc.. The rest is only from loot... can get Rakata chest piece from HM Lost Island FP, and rest of Rakata gear from HM KP and EV, and SM EC. You can now buy Campaign Armorings from the Black Hole/Campaign vendor with BH Comms.

+1

Getting the various mods from the daily comms vendors is largely a waste of time. Daily comms are really only worthwhile for the relics & earpieces & implants.

Just get the recruit mk2 gear from the PVP quest terminal and start the HM FPs and story mode Ops. Just as effective as the daily comms modded gear and takes <5 minutes while the daily comms gear will take days (you can do anything in recruit gear you could do in dialy comms modded gear).

Edited by Infalliable

You can trade daily comms for Rakata Earpiece, and Implants, and I believe Campaign Relics - do this with mission support (daily) vendors at the Black Hole, Ilum, Section X etc.. The rest is only from loot... can get Rakata chest piece from HM Lost Island FP, and rest of Rakata gear from HM KP and EV, and SM EC. You can now buy Campaign Armorings from the Black Hole/Campaign vendor with BH Comms.

really? woow, then i need to go back to the planets, because I only checked those on the fleet..

Yeah, you learn new things all your life..

thanks!

Edited by Przemo_No
typos

+1

Getting the various mods from the daily comms vendors is largely a waste of time. Daily comms are really only worthwhile for the relics & earpieces & implants.

Just get the recruit mk2 gear from the PVP quest terminal and start the HM FPs and story mode Ops. Just as effective as the daily comms modded gear and takes <5 minutes while the daily comms gear will take days (you can do anything in recruit gear you could do in dialy comms modded gear).

Ok so I am totally new to this. What all do you get with the Recruit MK2 gear? Is it bought in a set or piece by piece? Do you use credits or comms? If comms which ones?

Thank you for your reply :)

Ok so I am totally new to this. What all do you get with the Recruit MK2 gear? Is it bought in a set or piece by piece? Do you use credits or comms? If comms which ones?

Thank you for your reply :)

When you reach level 50, or if you are already level 50 and haven't gone to the pvp terminal, go to the pvp terminal on fleet. Pick up the mission(s), one of them you can immediately turn back in to the drop box. It gives you a choice of 2 or 3 tokens with a description on each stating which build of your class the token is for. Choose the one for your adv class and skill build. When you get the token in your inventory, make sure you have room and open it. You will be granted the every Recruit Mk-2 piece for the build you chose, every slot (armor/mainhand/offhand/ear/implant/relics).

Assassin/Shadow (Tank) - Survivor

Assassin/Shadow (DPS) - Stalker

Juggernaut/Guardian (Tank) - War Leader

Juggernaut/Guardian (DPS) - Vindicator

Marauder/Sentinel (DPS) - Weaponmaster

Mercenary/Commando (Heals) - Combat Medic

Mercenary/Commando (DPS) - Eliminator

Operative/Scoundrel (Heals) - Field Medic

Operative/Scoundrel (DPS) - Enforcer

Powertech/Vanguard (Tank) - Supercommando

Powertech/Vanguard (DPS) - Combat Tech

Sniper/Gunslinger (DPS) - Field Tech

Sorceror/Sage (Heals) - Force-Mystic (Some slots will be Force-Master.)

Sorceror/Sage (DPS) - Force-Master

If you have already picked that up, you can still buy the individual pieces from the Recruit PvP vendors on fleet with credits.