Is there any new player not end game guides for playing classes.

calranthe

I have no interest in min/max, no interest in end game or max level content, no interest in being the best, I play for the stories, take my time and enjoy the journey, but what I can't seem to find is any guides or help for that journey.

Every guide seems to be for later levels, for max equipment, for DPS/HEAL/TaNK.

I know that early game I can get away with just mashing buttons but I kinda would like to get to know each class, primary stats, what low level equipment to go for, what rotation to use at level 10 for a Jedi sentinel for example not because I have to but I want to see the rhythm of the class as I play and slowly level it.

Do we have anything like that anymore?

Anything at all focused on the journey not the end goal.

Have you checked out the Sticky at the top of this forum?

Yes I have every guide for every class is aimed towards end level end game, level 50+ rotations, max equipment.

Maybe I read them wrong but not one said anything like "as a Jedi knight combat you get this at level 6 it is your main opener, as you level add this at 9 this at 12 this at 14 then rotate them with this and you are good to go for most PVE, here is your early stats to focus on and so on.

You know simple basic rotations and knowledge to build the class knowledge instead of going straight to max level or 60+ here is prime DPS rotation with these amplifiers these implants this burst damage and so on.

Edited by calranthe

Yes I have every guide for every class is aimed towards end level end game, level 50+ rotations, max equipment.

Maybe I read them wrong but not one said anything like "as a Jedi knight combat you get this at level 6 it is your main opener, as you level add this at 9 this at 12 this at 14 then rotate them with this and you are good to go for most PVE, here is your early stats to focus on and so on.

You know simple basic rotations and knowledge to build the class knowledge instead of going straight to max level or 60+ here is prime DPS rotation with these amplifiers these implants this burst damage and so on.

If you know your rotation at end-game, you know what to work to prior.

Getting your abilities piecemeal just means you work with what you have. If you're still missing chunks of your toolkit you just don't have or wont' have an optimal rotation.

More or less, every time you get a new ability, add it into your rotation, and you'll be fine. You don't need to worry about stats while leveling (quests just give an option based on spec anyway).

There's not much use in such a guide because the advice isn't really needed.

Setting aside the "early and mid-game fights are so easy that you do not need a rotation, just button-mashing" comments, one reason you will generally not find early- to mid-game rotation guides is that you will progress through those levels ludicrously quickly in most cases.

Also, soem buffs/nerfs to skills or activation/proc mechanics for specific classes mean that rotations can change between patches.

As jedimasterjac mentions, the early- and mid-game rotations should be simplified versions of the end-game rotation (simplified as a result of having fewer skills). From my perspective, the main reason for this is that if you look to completely switch up the rotations, your muscle memory of the previous rotation you used will get in the way... starting the end-game habits early will make it easier to adjust to new skills and more complex rotations because you are adding a few extra elements, rather than throwing the whole lot out and starting again :)

I have no interest in min/max, no interest in end game or max level content, no interest in being the best, I play for the stories, take my time and enjoy the journey, but what I can't seem to find is any guides or help for that journey.

In that sense, you are a lot like me. My 'rotation' for my characters comes down "whatever seems to work best"**

Like the above posters said, the early levels go by so fast, there's no time, or need, to develop a "less than all skills" rotation.

The overall difference between "whatever seems to work best" and min/max "rotation" is not enough to worry about in most PvE. Mostly being just a minor "time to completion" difference.

However, you should make some effort to make "whatever works best" somewhat align with a proper rotation.

** Disclaimer: I have spent some effort more recently on my main character's rotation because I do more OPs and WBs these days. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

So for Jedi Knights you want to build up your Focus. Force leap in, then you want to use a couple skills that will give you focus to use.

Im not familiiar on JK skill names but the SW is the exact same.

So a basic rotation at least for my SW which is a juggernaut >

Force charge, AOE that gives rage, skill that adds rage, adds rage. force scream, ravage, etc.

I essentially want my skill that adds the most rage to always be on cooldown so i wont run out of rage. once youre higher up in level youll have a hard time not having enough since your passive abilities will earn you focus as you fight

I'm a new player too, leveling up my first character- currently a 64 sage. for me reading some of the end game rotations helped a lot, but synergies change frequently as you level, so the best way is to just look ahead at your skill tree to see the interactions. outside of heroic missions or flashpoints I feel like I could afk most of the time and still win.