Guys... I'm torn.

Yermog

So I romanced Theron with my Sith Warrior, even though she was married to Quinn, and she did this mainly because of the Quinncident. But I'm on Chapter IX now, and I can actually begin the romance with Theron again. It even says (taking this option starts a romance with Theron). I kind of want to do it, but I'm really afraid if I take it, I won't get to see Quinn and potentially romance him again either. BUT, if I DON'T romance Theron, do I loose out on him completely??

I hadn't decided between the two, because I did like Quinn, but I wanted to see what he'd do to make it up to my SW, but I don't want to cut off Theron if Quinn is still disappointing!

So I escaped out of the conversation in paranoia, and now my Sith Warrior is just hanging out until I know more about this.

Does anyone know if starting one romance cuts off the PC from romancing someone else later? Should I just go for it?

So I romanced Theron with my Sith Warrior, even though she was married to Quinn, and she did this mainly because of the Quinncident. But I'm on Chapter IX now, and I can actually begin the romance with Theron again. It even says (taking this option starts a romance with Theron). I kind of want to do it, but I'm really afraid if I take it, I won't get to see Quinn and potentially romance him again either. BUT, if I DON'T romance Theron, do I loose out on him completely??

I hadn't decided between the two, because I did like Quinn, but I wanted to see what he'd do to make it up to my SW, but I don't want to cut off Theron if Quinn is still disappointing!

So I escaped out of the conversation in paranoia, and now my Sith Warrior is just hanging out until I know more about this.

Does anyone know if starting one romance cuts off the PC from romancing someone else later? Should I just go for it?

I've got the same issue. Sitting here staring at the little box that starts the cantina part, but for me it's Lana vs Kira.

Been sitting here for almost 2 hours not doing anything because I can't decide. The new companions are incredibly interesting, well written, and strong parts of the story and that's not going to go away...but I married Kira and I thought she was a really well done companion compared to many of the other romances. But...may not see Kira until sometime next year and even then...she won't get the screen time Lana gets nor be as fleshed out since she'll be an Alliance contact, assuming Bioware doesn't forget them not long after AGAIN. Kira was quiet for 3 years...

It's hard, I'd like to believe my Jedi Knight would never cheat (even though he's been flirting just a little bit,) but.... not sure we won't get saddled with another dead end like we did last time.

Yermog, I go through this a lot myself.

For me the story has to be perfect and I reset and ponder and check youtube videos to make certain I am making the "right" choice. It is a bit of a conundrum at times.

Andronikos was a bit too evil for me at first with his murderous vengeance. I am not into that, but he was the only romance option and romances always add a little something to a good story. Well, I had largely decided to eschew the romance with Andronikos and pursue Lana when SOR came out. But she too was a bit...dark.

So then comes KotFE. Andronikos has a triangle over him (this is before I began the expansion) so I do start the conversations not knowing why the triangle was there (it dawned on my pretty quickly why it was there and it was a great Bioware revamp). After a few more conversations I found that he was a bit more hooked on my Assassin than I thought and what turned it for me was a conversation in which she asked him to let go the vengeance and spare a target's life and, in a huff, he informed her that he'd consider it. I thought that was a nice change.

Then when I began the KotFE expansion there was Andronikos, being a stand up guy and requiring orders from my Assassin before he would save himself and the crew. I had all but made up my mind to now continue my female Assassin with him until I saw a couple of flirt options with Lana. That split my mind on it a bit. Not sure what course I will have, my Assassin take.

TL;DR, I cannot help you, and I am sorry about that. But I do empathize with the difficulty of the decision. My advice is that you enjoy the expansion with other characters that do not have this conundrum until you can find a video on youtube that reveals your options enabling a more informed decision. Should things get too difficult, that is what I intend to do for myself.

Yermog, I go through this a lot myself.

TL;DR, I cannot help you, and I am sorry about that. But I do empathize with the difficulty of the decision. My advice is that you enjoy the expansion with other characters that do not have this conundrum until you can find a video on youtube that reveals your options enabling a more informed decision. Should things get too difficult, that is what I intend to do for myself.

Hard to do this last part when we could be waiting a pretty long time. I'd like to be able to finish the story, but can't seem to do it because I can't decide. I know there's alternatives to play like the fortresses and etc, just hate leaving it unfinished.

Thanks for the sympathy and comments, guys. If what the second poster (I'm sorry, I forgot the username) said is true, and to romance Theron cuts off Quinn, I may just wait. My JC romanced only Theron, so I won't be breaking any hearts.

I may wait with my SW until someone else finds Quinn and continues that romance, so I can see what I'm in for.

Thanks for the sympathy and comments, guys. If what the second poster (I'm sorry, I forgot the username) said is true, and to romance Theron cuts off Quinn, I may just wait. My JC romanced only Theron, so I won't be breaking any hearts.

I may wait with my SW until someone else finds Quinn and continues that romance, so I can see what I'm in for.

Correct. Locking in the Theron, Lana, or Koth (new guy) romances - and the game warns you when you're about to do so - terminates any existing romance you've previously had.

Probably half the reason I haven't done anything further with my Knight is because of this situation.

The other half is that I need to get him through that decimated planet arc first, and it's a bit too tedious for me.

My Assassin, on the other hand, had no such qualms, and was quite happy to move into the next arc. Sad that my Sith is more loyal than my Jedi.

Probably half the reason I haven't done anything further with my Knight is because of this situation.

The other half is that I need to get him through that decimated planet arc first, and it's a bit too tedious for me.

My Assassin, on the other hand, had no such qualms, and was quite happy to move into the next arc. Sad that my Sith is more loyal than my Jedi.

Ended up having to log out of my Knight because I can't make the decision. My other characters have no qualms because I don't consider them my main (and they don't hold their romances in as high a regard.)

I'll have to sleep on it, see if I can forego the extra content right now for maybe a non crappy payoff later.

I've been thinking about it regarding my LS SI. She's hitched to Andy, but she's basically slept with every available option with the exception of the cyborg officer on Nar Shaddaa. The only non-marital relationship that started to go somewhere was with Theron. That one can be explained as using seduction to bring him to the Empire (everything else was a bonus!). I'm leaning Andy, even though Theron may be the better option.

I've got the same issue. Sitting here staring at the little box that starts the cantina part, but for me it's Lana vs Kira.

Been sitting here for almost 2 hours not doing anything because I can't decide. The new companions are incredibly interesting, well written, and strong parts of the story and that's not going to go away...but I married Kira and I thought she was a really well done companion compared to many of the other romances. But...may not see Kira until sometime next year and even then...she won't get the screen time Lana gets nor be as fleshed out since she'll be an Alliance contact, assuming Bioware doesn't forget them not long after AGAIN. Kira was quiet for 3 years...

It's hard, I'd like to believe my Jedi Knight would never cheat (even though he's been flirting just a little bit,) but.... not sure we won't get saddled with another dead end like we did last time.

Why do you assume that? Chapter X looks to be all about Kaliyo. The big problem is that it looks like the LI's will be put out slowly, the big problem being we don't know when they'll be out, the easy problem is deciding, if you like the LI, then why cheat, if you don't think your character would. :p

Also, what, you don't get much from romancing a character by the looks of it. Unless some secret scenes are supposed to pop up.

Why do you assume that? Chapter X looks to be all about Kaliyo. The big problem is that it looks like the LI's will be put out slowly, the big problem being we don't know when they'll be out, the easy problem is deciding, if you like the LI, then why cheat, if you don't think your character would. :p

Also, what, you don't get much from romancing a character by the looks of it. Unless some secret scenes are supposed to pop up.

Well, not a ton of chapter's left unless they pick up speed putting LI's into the story, hasn't been an overwhelming number of regular companions (though all have been well used, imho.) Problem is I like both Kira and Lana, Kira I made a promise to (or my knight did, anyway,) and romancing a sith also seems pretty interesting while being a Jedi Knight (and Lana's well written.)

Making a mountain out of a molehill probably, I guess I should be so lucky I actually care about a decision instead of immediately knowing what to do all the time.

Thank goodness I found this thread and I'm not alone. I also logged out my agent because I couldn't "go all the way" with Theron if it truly meant breaking my sweet Vector's heart for good :eek:

I was cool with a fling, even temporary companionship in his absence.... but I refuse to lock him out if that is really the case. .... Guess I will be patient ... *sigh*

Well, not a ton of chapter's left unless they pick up speed putting LI's into the story, hasn't been an overwhelming number of regular companions (though all have been well used, imho.) Problem is I like both Kira and Lana, Kira I made a promise to (or my knight did, anyway,) and romancing a sith also seems pretty interesting while being a Jedi Knight (and Lana's well written.)

Making a mountain out of a molehill probably, I guess I should be so lucky I actually care about a decision instead of immediately knowing what to do all the time.

You can always romance Lana on a different character? I have them mixed between the new ones and some with original. All depending on the class. My idea is to just focus grinding alliance on one or two, while the rest will just go through the stories as I get the feeling to. :)

You can always romance Lana on a different character? I have them mixed between the new ones and some with original. All depending on the class. My idea is to just focus grinding alliance on one or two, while the rest will just go through the stories as I get the feeling to. :)

Yea, swapped to my Sith Juggernaut and am going through the story with him, just sucks I can't finish on my Knight :p

Don't really plan on taking all my alts through KoTFE, at least not right now, probably going to romance the new companions with them since none of the other romances really gripped me (Kira wasn't the best but, Knight's my main and she fits.)

Going to be fun to see how my different choices pan out

I think you can have a fling with Theron in SoR, you just can't pick it back up in KOTFE.

Not true. You can pick the relationship back up again. I got a confirmation box and everything, essentially saying 'This starts a romance with Theron Shan. Are you sure? -insertbuttonforYes&No-'

The letter he wrote a sleeping character is adorkable, too. Then...

Him getting my original ship back was better then any gift I've received from a romance yet :p I'm aware he does it for nonromanced characters. But it definitely solidified the deal for me, more or less.

Yeaaaah, I just got to the cantina and the start a romance with Theron option popped up for my JK main (had a fling with him in SoR). Now I'm in the same boat as some of the other people - I want to get my JK's hubby Doc back and saw his e-mail from five years BEFORE the whole carbonite thing, but there's now the ongoing temptation of Theron (and Koth - liked him quite a lot actually).

I ended up waffling for the last 15-odd minutes and then quit the conversation because I didn't want to burn my bridges with Theron quite yet. On the other hand, I remember what a certain you-know-who from the dream sequence said about straying hearts, and I want to hang on for Doc just to stick it to that person (also because <3 Doc), but gah, it's really hard when you have two guys who interest you versus your absentee husband who hasn't had anything new to say for the last couple of years - lol.

Actually, I think I'm committing to Doc now - kept thinking about it while writing this. I'm just going to go steel myself to finish the conversation with Theron and steer it away from romance. I'll just hook up with him and/or Koth on one of my other characters who aren't attached to their LIs (sorry, Felix, but I won't miss you all that much).

Edited by Atreiya

don't feel bad -- my agent obviously didn't interest Theron a lot ( won't tell the spoiler, but some of you guys know how we know they're going to come back and be interested) --- lol he's likes my BH --- go figure, guess I said and did the right things ---

agent is still stuck on Saganu --- heck if he'd just come back as an NPC alliance, I'd be happy --- so it's my agent that won't get played till I know more -- as for the JK, she'll give up Doc -- and the smuggler will give up Corso ---- wished I'd gotten the letters sooner ....... but it is what it is .... that's life

I'd think of it more like this.

Lana and Theron really aren't going to talk to us any more than the rest now. So, then your original LI will show up and you'll cheat on Lana/Theron/Koth because, hey, they haven't really talked to you in forever, so obviously they don't care about you, but now this old companion is, so they must!

Best bet seems to pick your favorite and wait for their new dialogue.

I'd think of it more like this.

Lana and Theron really aren't going to talk to us any more than the rest now. So, then your original LI will show up and you'll cheat on Lana/Theron/Koth because, hey, they haven't really talked to you in forever, so obviously they don't care about you, but now this old companion is, so they must!

Best bet seems to pick your favorite and wait for their new dialogue.

I like Lana and Kira both as favorites (most of my other characters are all ending up with lana with only one or two exceptions,) but I ended up staying with Kira. Hoping the new LI showing up has Bioware keeping them involved ever so often even if it's in the new 'classic' convo types only (barring a few appearances in the main story.)

It's kinda too bad Seyna isn't romanceable. In any case, I hope we can earn her armor, it's amazing looking!