/vote NIM Flashpoints instead of Arenas - Which would you want first

neither. Arenas tend to ruin any sort of balance between classes and mess with the pve balance. And fps are lame ya do em once and done. New operations is where its at but the way they have gear in this game they cant exactly put in a bunch of operations because they would make the gear upgrade scale go up too fast and cause more imbalance the other way. Maybe they should just focus on making the game itself more entertaining by improving the world pvp side of things and making it so we can have more than 5 people fighting in an area at a time without it lagging to hell.

neither. Arenas tend to ruin any sort of balance between classes and mess with the pve balance. And fps are lame ya do em once and done. New operations is where its at but the way they have gear in this game they cant exactly put in a bunch of operations because they would make the gear upgrade scale go up too fast and cause more imbalance the other way. Maybe they should just focus on making the game itself more entertaining by improving the world pvp side of things and making it so we can have more than 5 people fighting in an area at a time without it lagging to hell.

Err... what is the difference between a challenging FP and a challenging Op? If you argue 8 versus 4, then one can simply argue 16 versus 8 making the claim that 8man Ops are invalid and weak... And so the comparison isn't valid. Why do you continue to run to Ops if you have already beat them? Just curious to know why this would be different from a FP of similar difficulty.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

I really don't like either, Arena is going to be a nightmare in and of itself to balance and lead to pointless nerfs and nightmore FP's would just be an excuse to rehash the same FP's AGAIN and call it "new content" and I really doubt they would be as hard as pre-nerf LI, they'd probably just have mobs hitting slightly harder and maybe one new mechanic on a boss nothing overly challenging, and what would they provide loot wise? Unless the did something similar to WoW's challenge modes they'd have to provide better loot to encourage people to run them, I'm aware there are those who love teeth grindingly hard challenges, but they'll never do stuff for that extreme minority.

A little torn. Arenas would need some sort of restriction to not be riddled with overpowered compositions but I do still want it a little more. A LOT would be done on Dev side to make NiM Flashpoints worth it.

Err... what is the difference between a challenging FP and a challenging Op? If you argue 8 versus 4, then one can simply argue 16 versus 8 making the claim that 8man Ops are invalid and weak... And so the comparison isn't valid. Why do you continue to run to Ops if you have already beat them? Just curious to know why this would be different from a FP of similar difficulty.

for one the fps are not a challenge unless you are a casual cathy. For another they are not nightmare mode. In 8 and 16m raids its the same raid but with different group sizes while fps are something separate entirely. On top of that ops drop the highest tier of gear while fps only offer beginners gear to prepare you for the operations. You continue to run them until your group has geared out and has all their titles. Fps are for the more casual players anyways the end game raiders don't run them unless they are trying to unlock an achievement of some sort or possibly to get a specific item to drop for the look of their char or maybe if there is a daily rep grind related to them like we have with the new fps. If they ever did put in a nightmare fp option it would have to drop something like 2 tiers behind or the hardcore endgame raiders would complain and also not use it in group finder otherwise bad players would get their feelings hurt.

for one the fps are not a challenge unless you are a casual cathy. For another they are not nightmare mode. In 8 and 16m raids its the same raid but with different group sizes while fps are something separate entirely. On top of that ops drop the highest tier of gear while fps only offer beginners gear to prepare you for the operations. You continue to run them until your group has geared out and has all their titles. Fps are for the more casual players anyways the end game raiders don't run them unless they are trying to unlock an achievement of some sort or possibly to get a specific item to drop for the look of their char or maybe if there is a daily rep grind related to them like we have with the new fps. If they ever did put in a nightmare fp option it would have to drop something like 2 tiers behind or the hardcore endgame raiders would complain and also not use it in group finder otherwise bad players would get their feelings hurt.

WoW has challendge modes for 5 man dungeons which give you titles, mounts, and special transmog gear. Would be awesome to see something like that here.

I can't help to read this as: Do you prefer PvE or PvP? Might just be me.

I think due to the fact it's been a while we had anything new in PvP I'd be more eager to see Arena's, though I'm quite concerned about balance issues that come with them. PvP'ers deserve an update if I recall correctly 'Ancient Hypergates' was the last new thing they got. Adding new tiers of gear is not new contect at all.

In the meanwhile PvE'ers got 1 new operation, 2 new flashpoints and there is a new Operation on the way together with the arena update (I think, not 100% sure)

For the record im going to go with Option C, Cross server Ranked queues. I dont wanna leave my home but hours in queue with no pop is saddening. That being said I feel like all these issues about class imbalance in Arena's are unfounded. Bioware has proven the only things that make them rethink skill balance is Operations and Ranked Warzones. NiM Flashpoints require almost no effort if they were simply scaled up to be challanging for 72 geared people or added in failsafe mechanics. That being said 3-4 "More" mechanics added to them if it took a little time would not bother me.

i would really love NiM FPs, but i don't see why we must choose.

if anything, even though i don't pvp anymore, i'd say arenas because the pvp in this game has had minimal content updates over the past year and half or so compared to quite a lot of PVE updates

Edited by oaceen

I am not sure you realize, but you joined a thread asking about adding NiM FP to which you said no... So, I was curious why you were against such an idea. But maybe you thought the thread was about adding more regular FPs?

NiM FPs would not have to be about gear at all. It could be for titles. That way none of the raiders get upset about their gear. I would envision a bolster type stat allocation too. So that people couldn't over gear for it. Say, for instance, a group walked in with full KD gear... The game says 'no ya don't, here, your stats are now Arkanium for this FP - Enjoy the challenge.' and that is what I would like to see.

Edited by Arch_Angel_Gabe

NiM FPs aren't a good solution. Shoehorning new mechanics into old fights is nearly impossible to do right, so what you'd likely get is the same fights, but more healing-intensive and with short enrage timers. I suppose that would be okay, but how can you justify the opportunity cost of scaling that content? Challenging flashpoints really need to be designed from the top down -- it is much more feasible (and desirable) to nerf a fight for lower-difficulty modes than scale them up.

NIM FP would be nice if they would enable you to pick up second best gear with set bonus, so it should drop underworld in my opinion but then there should be a minor lockout to prevent people from hoarding gear. It would be nice to be able to gear up alts cause lets face it we almost all have 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 alts.

But as it is now i am looking forward to arena