Any secret to good starwars names

sithgreyguard

Only you know what you like, but here's some tips:

- Take a random name you like and make it a bit more "alien" by replacing letters. Examples: John -> Jonn, Jack -> Jaqh, Gary -> Gar'ii, Peter -> Pih-Terr

- Get inspiration from names in the Wookieepedia or here. Give them a little twist or combine two to get something unique.

Good luck

Edited by Fei-Ke

Also remember that typically, star wars names are a little bit silly sounding. Not always, but it's actually refreshing when a name doesn't define someone.

One thing I do sometimes for names is take initials, phoneticize them and make a word. For istance, if your initials were R M O, you could be be like "I am Aremo!"

Mine was from the old 'SW name generator', take the first two letters of your first name and the first three from your second name.

I meant to do mine as GEorge LUCas, but I hit a typo with an extra 'e'. Works though, I think.

For Sith

Pick an appropriately violent or sinister name for a Sith, find a Dutch translator (Vader is Dutch for Father), plug in your word and see if it comes up with something apropros. For example Moord is Murder.

Edited by DarthMoord

I suggest using latin names for you characters. Translate a word that deals with your characters PERSONALITY NOT CLASS! For example, don't use "hope" your jedi knight. Instead use something deep and personal. My Jedi Knight is Vindicius (Revenge) because he is a fallen jedi who kills to tell himself that it wasn't his fault. (What you may ask? Well thats my little secret! ;))

My characters names are:

:hope_05:Trooper: Praedatius:hope_05:

:wea_14:Smuggler: Veloxius:wea_14:

:csw_bluesaber:Jedi Knight: Vindicius:csw_bluesaber:

:hope_06:Jedi Consular: Iudexius:hope_06:

:csw_fett:Bounty Hunter: Specturius:csw_fett:

:sy_target:Imperial Agent: Athenius:sy_target:

:hope_02:Sith Warrior: Tenebrius:hope_02:

:csw_guard:Sith Inquisitor: Umbrius:csw_guard:

I usually type in some random letters, with vowels appropriately spaced and see what comes up, eventually something I like comes up, or close enough that I make it.

ex:

retik

wopyd

nucer

welin

minuz

boram

(yes they are all dumb, but you could take one and modify it a bit to be better, the point here is to find inspiration)

Or just steal an old mythology name. Evrion comes from my WoW name. I wanted to be "Orion" (hunter) but that was taken, so I did a variation on that that I though sounded good.

Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Sanskriit, Mongolian...just to name a few. Look up Gothic Warlords and stuff. Consult your history books!

I've always used the name Gantoris for my SW characters. He was the first Jedi (after Luke) to build a lightsaber (according to JA), so I thought he was a pretty cool guy. and I've used it on both KOTORs and BF and BF2 and once you pick a name you should probably just stick with it, it becomes a sort of identity!

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

My Jedi Consular is called Dagoran which was inspired by Dragon then just trying a different order, then adding letters etc.

You could take a mythical create, say griffin, change it bit a come out with something like Grayfus or Grinafin.

My Sith Inquisitor is called Zaadrak which just came from stinging sounds together until I found one I liked.

No, close but no, this is how the SW name generator works, Go in this order, First 3 letters of your last name+first 2 of your first name, then first two letters of your mothers maiden name + first 3 of the town you were born.

So for instance Joe Phillips, who was born in Baxter, his mothers maiden name was Smith would then be

Phijo'Smbax

Edited by rainstormsmusic

• 8 years later...