Legacy Class Quest (Spoilers)

Mhalisce

I personally died only once to her. I faced her like it was pvp. When she casted spells, I interupted, stunned etc. If I had none I would force speed to the closest pillar so her cast couldnt finish. I would taunt off of khem when he was nearly dead. Although the second time I faced her khem bugged and died when she was at 70 or so %. So its easily doable without him. Just play it like its pvp and abuse her. Interupt her at all costs! Or just pillar abuse. I did this as an assassin btw.

I died on this too my first time. It's quite easy though, interrupt her chain lighting, don't bother interrupting the rest, dodge the force storm. If your interrupt is on cooldown, line of sight her. She will run to you, drop a dot on her and an instant cast when she starts casting chain lighting again line of sight her again.

thank you all for your advises. I must admit when I did the quest i didn't know what to expect. LMAO, instead of LOSing her i just tried to run aroung like a headless chicken :D.. Khem val couldn't even last a minutes. But i think in my next attempt tonight I will suceed. Thank you all.. :)

thank you all for your advises. I must admit when I did the quest i didn't know what to expect. LMAO, instead of LOSing her i just tried to run aroung like a headless chicken :D.. Khem val couldn't even last a minutes. But i think in my next attempt tonight I will suceed. Thank you all.. :)

Khem survived my fight. You haven't specified whether you're sorc or assassin, and I believe it would make a pretty big difference. If you're a sorc, don't heal Khem, but do keep your bubble up on him when possible. He can survive if you get the interrupts just right but it's not necessary; you do want him alive as long as possible since he does put out some DPS and does absorb some damage. He also helps to keep her stationary so you have an easier time LoSing her and getting off any abilities you might want to use with a cast time.

Just remember that the first priority is interrupting her big abilities. If you do that her damage output will be VERY significantly lessened.

You cant just stand in one spot and expect to win. You have to move around hit and run and use LOS.

Set Khem to damage mode not tank it makes a huge difference. Just shoot and scoot and keep your DoT's on her. It took me a couple of times but you'll get it.

As a melee I kited her quite a bit.

Below is a spoiler for a higher level encounter, don't click if you are not struggling with the Voss quest.

When you have to fight her ghost in the Voss dream, do the same, clear all the cave first so you can run at leisure, same goes for the Dark Thanaton vision

Khem survived my fight. You haven't specified whether you're sorc or assassin, and I believe it would make a pretty big difference. If you're a sorc, don't heal Khem, but do keep your bubble up on him when possible. He can survive if you get the interrupts just right but it's not necessary; you do want him alive as long as possible since he does put out some DPS and does absorb some damage. He also helps to keep her stationary so you have an easier time LoSing her and getting off any abilities you might want to use with a cast time.

Just remember that the first priority is interrupting her big abilities. If you do that her damage output will be VERY significantly lessened.

I'm a sorc..sorry forgot to mention it first hand. I will keep your advise in mind. Thank you, Hagen :p:)

You cant just stand in one spot and expect to win. You have to move around hit and run and use LOS.

Set Khem to damage mode not tank it makes a huge difference. Just shoot and scoot and keep your DoT's on her. It took me a couple of times but you'll get it.

I will keep this in mind, Ceasaigh. Thank you. :o

• 2 weeks later...

My companion keeps failing cause I haven't used him since I got andronikos so his gear aint that good. I'm just gonne wait a bit and get some gear for khem val until i try again

edit: Have put some orange gear on KV and fight was a piece of cake did it at lvl 33

Edited by Trigolas

• 1 month later...
My companion keeps failing cause I haven't used him since I got andronikos so his gear aint that good. I'm just gonne wait a bit and get some gear for khem val until i try again

edit: Have put some orange gear on KV and fight was a piece of cake did it at lvl 33

Confirming this for the record. Level 33 sorcerer, lightning specced, Khem Val and me both in 6 pieces of orange gear each. Was just tank and spank, rotation Crushing Darkness, Affliction, Force Lightning, heal and bubble Khem Val.

Khem Val's been acting a bit strange though. :p

Edited by Liralen

• 2 months later...

Just did this as a 30 Madness spec. It almost feels like a 2 phase fight at that point. The first part, when Khem is up, stand close and keep her Storm shut off. You stand close so that you can use Overload as another interrupt. It'll buy time for Jolt and Electrocute to CD. Eventually you will lose Khem and it becomes a run and gun game. You let the Storms go, and you have to interrupt her Force Lightning, while eating chain lightnings. Keep your dots up, keep your bubble on, use Force Speed to gain distance and heal yourself. If the opportunity presents itself, let loose a barrage of your own force lightning. Use the 4 pillars to LOS and buy time for your CDs.

The lower you are the harder this fight is obviously. I took about 30 minutes and I lost track of the tries and repair bills. Having Heroic Moment available made the difference for me.

;)

Well, I killed her yesterday on my Deception specced Assassin.

Was not really hard, I just popped the Heroic Moment, Unity(the 50% defence legacy ability), interrupted the chain lightning and when Khem went down (dont stand in fire, stupid Dashade), poped Saber Ward and force chocked her (Legacy too).

Was fun, and a bit challenging, but with heroic moment not too hard.

Seconded. Not though at all.

Killed her with an Assassin at lvl31 and madness. Khem was equiped adequately.

Just use your three interrupts (four with Legacy choke) and she'll hardly be able to do any damage at all.

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

Im speced as a healing sorc and had no real trouble with this fight I just mostly interupted her healing and outlasted anything else she tried to throw at me and khem was around level 32 so i had something like 12 points in corruption just make sure to avoid standing in her force storm if both you and khem take damage it will eat away at your force trying to out heal it still the main thing is interupting her healing and chain lightning skills force storm can be walked out of afterall

I'm a sorc..sorry forgot to mention it first hand. I will keep your advise in mind. Thank you, Hagen :p:)

As Sorc...easy solution is put Khem on DPS mode and make sure his taunts are off. Bubble yourself, then hit her with everything you have making sure all dots are up. You should have agro.

Now simply use the columns and the ledges to LOS / force her to path around while keeping dots rolling.

Interrupt her heal and her damage abilities (use all of your interrupting abilities, not just the interrupt), LOS whenever you don't have an interrupt and she is casting / channeling a damage spell.

• 2 months later...
This was actually pretty easy, as a sorcerer, not even that time consuming. Perhaps they toned it down. I played it just like any other "hard" npc, i.e. mainly healed khem and kept him bubbled. the only diff was I had to heal myself a bit, and bubble myself, because some of her effects hit me too. Also, as others recommended, I used my two interrupts on her from time to time, when she was casting something. But I ended up with both Khem and myself at at least 50% health. Didn't have to hide behind any pillars or anything either. I'm sure it's more difficult, of course, with an inquisitor specced for tanking or dps.

• 3 years later...