Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

After years and still Operatives Healers are almost unkillable and Operatives DPS can destroy everything they touch in the 1st stun....and don't worry, if you use the skill to break the stun they will just vanish and re-stun you so they got a 2nd free rotation of pure damage :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the Emperor's Black Bones!

Darth Andeddu would be PROUD.

:eek:

P.S.: In all seriousness, I think Lethality/Ruffian needs to be looked at. There was a guy yesterday running this spec who was soloing nodes with NO HEALER OR TANK SUPPORT. I'm in fully-optimized Exemplar gear running Serenity, and I couldn't make his health move. And he managed to tear me down within 3-4 GCDs. Not to mention that he was damaging THROUGH my 5-second Resilience EVERY time.

Now, I'm pretty sure he was lag switching, but if not, that spec is BUH-ROKEN.

Fighting other dot classes as Lethality is easy peezy, mainly because Lethality is not really a dot spec, so the 30% DoT DR you have isn't gonna be much of a hindrance. It's a debuff-powered delayed burst spec. Corrosive Assault is like 40% of their total damage.

If you're dying to a lethality operative in 3-4 GCD's (it takes six to even SET UP the damage), then something is wrong. Also, Quickshot/Overload Shot will go through Shroud (white damage), and it can crit for 6-7k each hit.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Meanwhile DPS operatives are one of the weak classes in raids and operatives are second to sorcerers on a single target. But for sure nerf nerf nerf blah blah blah. All because they can't be bothered to make conditional environment nerfs, they have to blanket both PVE and PVP every time.

Meanwhile DPS operatives are one of the weak classes in raids and operatives are second to sorcerers on a single target. But for sure nerf nerf nerf blah blah blah. All because they can't be bothered to make conditional environment nerfs, they have to blanket both PVE and PVP every time.

Make the big stun to fill the whole stun bar. OP is balanced now.

I think the "stun" a lot of people complain about is concealment's crippling slice I think it's called? which is actually a root, not a stun so it builds no resolve but concealment relies on it to get behind their target to attack.

Me, I'ved given up differenciating between roots, mezzes, stuns ... Their results are all the same for me.

Using different words for them is to me like trying to downplay their results.

After years and still Operatives Healers are almost unkillable and Operatives DPS can destroy everything they touch in the 1st stun....and don't worry, if you use the skill to break the stun they will just vanish and re-stun you so they got a 2nd free rotation of pure damage :D

Are we playing different games? I am WAY more unkillable on my sorc and even to a much lesser extent on my merc healer than on my op healer...

ETA I mean I survive to heal more than before 4.0 but op is still nowhere near as survivable as my sorc.

Edited by Kaitianah

10/10 for necro. So this was, according to legends, the Old God of PvP. In return, there was an over-nerf on operative that kind of gimped it for a long while.

funniest thing is seeing what they considered amazingly heavy crits 4 years ago.

The call to nerf operatives was insanely strong at the time. Ever since 2.0 hit scoundrels havent really had a defined roll in pvp since then, atleast not one that everyone could agree upon. Its amazing to see that many posts on the topic though. This might actually be the birth place of the "Nerf Operatives" movement.

I dont think it was until they allowed parsers to work before they finally addressed an ops dps in pve, and only because it was so abysmal.

Edited by Haystak

The call to nerf operatives was insanely strong at the time. Ever since 2.0 hit scoundrels havent really had a defined roll in pvp since then, atleast not one that everyone could agree upon. Its amazing to see that many posts on the topic though. This might actually be the birth place of the "Nerf Operatives" movement.

I dont think it was until they allowed parsers to work before they finally addressed an ops dps in pve, and only because it was so abysmal.

The rage against operatives was real at launch. With what they were capable of using on demand adrenals and relics, the burst was rather insane. The funny thing was that I think watchman sent/ annihilation mara was even more overpowered at the time. Since I was ridiculously lucky with the champion bags and had a full champ set 2 weeks post launch, my sent was particularly op. Had a geared operative open on me, and just laughed as I healed to full using GBTF and killed the op because he was two stubborn to run away. People cried about annihilation/watchman at the time, but not nearly as much as operatives.