Battler Pack Hypercrates 26x?!

Yeah, dangit. I need to learn to read things upfront better and not take BW at face. I saw the returned price of 5500 or whatever and thought they were redeeming themselves from the last pack ( which I bought zero of btw).

But this time I bought a pack and started opening with the new Mass Effect graphic/audio opener thingie ( come on, tell me BeeDub didn't dig into old ME audio files). Anyway, opened a few or 3 before noticing there's no countdown number when you're in the pack opening phase. So I exited to see 23 or so left. Re-check Cartel market and it's 26. Ah... got it. That's what the food companies do. The price of ice cream hasn't gone up, but it's no longer a gallon.

Won't be buying another and will watch closely on the HK pack. :(

...And no it's not that 4 is a big deal, it's just the way they did it. Was there a warning anywhere or were we told upfront? I'm not going to bother Googling it.

I did get some cool items though. :)

Not worth $40.

There is the information on the Cartel Market graphic for the pack, that you are buying 26 crates in the hypercrate.

Of course, there is nothing anywhere that says "You got 30 crates in the old hypercrates, you now only get 26 in the new ones", but if you are asking for notice that the hypercrates contain 26 items, it is definitely there... right above the price... in relatively large text, and with a black square around it so that the text does not fade into the background of the picture.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

To be fair, the price of the Battler hypercrate reflects the change. If you look at the base price of the GEMINI hypercrate (so taking the discount out of the equation), it was 9000CC for 30 packs. 300 (base price of the packs without a discount) x 30 = 9000. For the Battler hypercrate, 300 x 26 = 7800. The base price of the Battler hypercrate is, as such, 7800CC. It got the usual 30% off as well so I'm fairly certain that puts it lower than what the GEMINI hypercrate was at when it came out.

People were complaining that the hypercrate price was too high. This lowered the price back down to the older level, without reducing the price per pack. It's very disappointing, but personally I would rather buy a smaller hypercrate than spend more.

• 9 months later...