Increased UC prices and UC cap with buying gear is a slap in the face.

DzastinBiberi

The simple reason is, that we (pvpers) didnt get increased UC awards with each PVP match we played.

Forcing us to spend more UC with each piece of gear is unfair.

If I'm sitting on 50k of UC it's because I've earned it through PVP, regs wz, solo ranked and team ranked.

Forcing us to do PVE 'cause "it's faster that way" is also a slap in the face. There are players that I know of who never did and never will do PVE content, their only interest in this game is PVP.

If I have enough UC to gear one char in one day, it's because I've spent hours/days and countless matches to earn those UC.

Taking that ability from PVPers and increasing the UC prices with each bought piece of gear is just stupid.

If other players agree with me, just type "agreed" and we might have a chance to make a change before we get slapped.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

Nobody should be able to get top gear day one because they were farming some mat before the gear arrives, it would simply be bad design.

Gear isnt supposed to be taken within such incredibly short periods of time

gear isn't supposed to be something that gives advantage in pvp - only skill is. Yet devs refuse to buff bolster to maximum or make easy ways for pvp players to get gear FAST in order to stay competetive in pvp. They only making it slow and difficult so that "rich" boys could get it fast and have advantage over others. If you don't understand it then you are not a pvp player. Keith and other devs are not pvp players too.

The simple reason is, that we (pvpers) didnt get increased UC awards with each PVP match we played.

If I'm sitting on 50k of UC it's because I've earned it through PVP, regs wz, solo ranked and team ranked.

Forcing us to do PVE 'cause "it's faster that way" is also a slap in the face. There are players that I know of who never did and never will do PVE content, their only interest in this game is PVP.

If I have enough UC to gear one char in one day, it's because I've spent hours/days and countless matches to earn those UC.

Taking that ability from PVPers and increasing the UC prices with each bought piece of gear is just stupid.

If other players agree with me, just type "agreed" and we might have a chance to make a change before we get slapped.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

If you are lucky, you will gear your main pretty fast and won't give a damn afterwards... ;)

If you look at things from a dev's perspective, you won't be surprised they chose to go down this gearing path again. The question here is how much is this gear worth it. Will we go with it into 6.0, when will 6.0 come ? Will it increase maximum level.

If we will use it for 6 months, it's a waste of time and effort to get it, unless 6.0 hits in summer or next december when EP 9 comes out. It's highly likely we will drag another year. ;)

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Nobody should be able to get top gear day one because they were farming some mat before the gear arrives, it would simply be bad design.

Well this way the PVErs will have top gear on day one, or at least week one :)

If you are lucky, you will gear your main pretty fast and won't give a damn afterwards... ;)

If you look at things from a dev's perspective, you won't be surprised they chose to go down this gearing path again. The question here is how much is this gear worth it. Will we go with it into 6.0, when will 6.0 come ? Will it increase maximum level.

If we will use it for 6 months, it's a waste of time and effort to get it, unless 6.0 hits in summer or next december when EP 9 comes out. It's highly likely we will drag another year. ;)

Thats a big if and I havent been lucky with this RNG system since 5.0. I've geared up all of my toons through UC. I had some gear drop here and there via Command system but we all know how bad that system of gearing is.

Well if they raise the gear level along with toon level (75) then gearing now is kinda pointless.

I think the prices are a little bit crazy but I'm not sure how to deal with this. You can't have people gearing up on top gear the moment it releases, so there needs to be some kind of cap. That being said I would add 50+ for every piece you buy, or perhaps +100, if not +150. Until it reaches the maximum which would be a thousand.

Slap in the face is still a category for forum BINGO isn't it?

For some.. I guess so. It's mostly emotion based.. and the intention is either to vent, create click bait, or both.

In actuality.. it's yet another over used and almost meaningless passive aggressive statement. Why the OP cannot just present a mature and coherent statement is beyond me. You know... something objective and thoughtful.. rather then whatever the most primitive and reptile part of our brain demands be spewed out to vent about something. :)

Edited by Andryah

I think the prices are a little bit crazy but I'm not sure how to deal with this. You can't have people gearing up on top gear the moment it releases, so there needs to be some kind of cap. That being said I would add 50+ for every piece you buy, or perhaps +100, if not +150. Until it reaches the maximum which would be a thousand.

Indeed.

We don't even know the final conversion rates and throttle penalties yet though... so this is a bit of an advanced over-reaction by some. By the time a patch goes live, it is not unusual to see acquisition costs (in time and resources) shifted as playtesting proceeds.

The studio could have just put a hard cap on how many MWS you can buy per week.. regardless. Instead.. they have put an impact curve on it so that you can still buy.. but you pay an increasing price in each week for each character for doing so. A patient player will buy well within the steepness curve. An impatient player will buy up all they can as fast as they can and disregard the loss of economic purchasing power going that route.

Edited by Andryah

Slap in the face is still a category for forum BINGO isn't it?

Yes, it is.

Indeed.

We don't even know the final conversion rates and throttle penalties yet though... so this is a bit of an advanced over-reaction by some. By the time a patch goes live, it is not unusual to see acquisition costs (in time and resources) shifted as playtesting proceeds.

The studio could have just put a hard cap on how many MWS you can buy per week.. regardless. Instead.. they have put an impact curve on it so that you can still buy.. but you pay an increasing price in each week for each character for doing so. A patient player will buy well within the steepness curve. An impatient player will buy up all they can as fast as they can and disregard the loss of economic purchasing power going that route.

Hopefully PTS testing will help with that regard then. One of the things I commend the devs for doing is putting PTS back again, which I hope will give them enough data to properly make all the conversion rates and the like.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

I do agree that UCs shouldn't lose their value as like you said, people did the work, they spent the time, they fought for them and I don't think increasing prices for UCs the more you get is fair either. I'm sitting on 50k myself.

But, I think thats the problem and that's why they are doing it. I only play one character and I have over 50k in UCs, I'm going to be fully BIS geared out [258] in one day if they let me use the UCs I have and don't limit the amount of pieces I can get in one day.

Alot of people are sitting on alot of UCs it seemed, if everyone could just fully gear up on day one like that, that means PVPers gear faster than NiM, alot faster. Not only that, gear grinding is part of what the time spent doing so is all about. It keeps players busy, it keeps them motivated, it makes them alot more willing to do things they normally wouldn't do even that they may like because it affords them nothing. Keeping players busy is what gearing is for. If on day one I'm fully geared, I have nothing to do until 6.0 immediately.

Does it kinda suck, yeah it does, but if that is their reasoning, it does kinda make sense. They don't care that you can spend UCS you already earned to get them, they just care about spending them all and getting all in one day. So, it they make the increased stacking cost on subsequent gear peices than people will be kinda more willing to spread out getting the new gear week to week so they don't have to pay the extra "tax". That might be a factor especially for those who may be only sitting on 15-20k UCs. You can't afford to get all the gear at once with that amount, but if you spread it out a bit week to week, that same amount of UCs will be enough to fully gear and not make you waste more UCs than you have to as an option and thusly and thus can have other toons have more UCs for their gearing.

There may be a method to thier madness. This is just my theory at this point as to why they may be doing it that way.

All things considered, I think we will find that due to the difficulties involved with NiM and inherent limitations it comes with [get nothing unless you clear, rng rolls for the gear so only person will get it that week and weekly lock outs. PVP doesn't have those kinds of limitations and they can earn UCs whether they do good or not.

There simply aren't enough NiM worthy players to make that "faster gearing" a reality.

PVPers will gear faster than even many NiM bound groups.as You can't become NiM worthy from scratch in a short amount of time.

I think you will find that this doesn't hurt PVP, in fact I tend to think it will improve it as most people wont be able to go the NiM Route, crafting/buying the gear is going to be totally out of the reach of what most players could afford. Those two options gone for most players, that only leaves one way PVP. The NiM thing, its just a bait and switch IMO

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

There should not be a gear grind for PVP. Should be fast, and the gaps from bolster to fully geared should be small.

PVE should have a progression where you get gear in a lateral "level up" system of completing more and more difficult tasks and content.

In PVP you should be similar in stat pools to anyone else.

In PVE your stat pools should help reflect the content you run.

I will say this, that the new system looks MUCH friendlier to casuals than what launched at 5.0.

A planetary weekly that in four weeks get you top piece of BIS gear? Was not possible in earlier versions of the game. I remember people grinding ultimate commendations, and that was for non BIS gear.

If you can buy 1 piece per week at a fair UCs, then pvp will simply just not exist for 14 weeks when people can have a full set upgraded on 1 char.

Seems better just to remove the barrier, let people upgrade as many pieces with UCs at a fair price day one, and we can resume PvP day 1.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

You won’t get any argument from me. I think the whole thing is fundamentally unfair for pvpers.

Hey, I also find it unfair that the PVPers get rewards when they die through the weekly. :rolleyes: If we PVEers do not complete a FP or OP there is nothing. If there is a weekly, "Win 20 games". Could you like to have three times as much UC. By the way, as a PVEer, I also do not think it's so nice that the UC price should always increase. Edited by Batwer

Hey, I also find it unfair that the PVPers get rewards when they die through the weekly. :rolleyes: If we PVEers do not complete a FP or OP there is nothing. If there is a weekly, "Win 20 games". Could you like to have three times as much UC. By the way, as a PVEer, I also do not think it's so nice that the UC price should always increase.

I’m more than happy for it to change to win instead of participate or make the losers get much less than the winners.

I think if it was for wins and not losses, pvp would be more healthy and people would try to win.

Hey, I also find it unfair that the PVPers get rewards when they die through the weekly. :rolleyes: If we PVEers do not complete a FP or OP there is nothing. If there is a weekly, "Win 20 games". Could you like to have three times as much UC. By the way, as a PVEer, I also do not think it's so nice that the UC price should always increase.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. Leave the current weekly as is, and add a new weekly (or monthly really) win 20 games, that pays out 10x the UC as the normal weekly. Of course this is ONLY possible now that there are cross faction queuing, because before that it would have taken 17 years and 800,000 wars to get 20 wins on the pub side.

And so when you craft the top tier gear for an alt you haven't even made yet because you're piling up all the crafting mats, that changes... ...how exactly?

Edited by Bonzenaattori