need help... new to the class not the game... Jugg or operative?

Aztian

hello guys i really like to ask u a question

i have a marauder in full pvp gear ranked, and its my main kill all the NM content in game right now.

but i wanna try to a alt ..my main marauder is really old .. form the beta.

i have a sorc but not my of gaming. and thy are ZzZ for me to play

so i made a OP but how do OP do in pvp ... is it with to level one up? vs jugg PvP i like to hear what u have to see...

and thanks again:)

Jugg and Operative are 2 totally different animals.

Operatives are a stealth DPS/Healing class, they have 2 DPS Trees, Lethality (DoT's and more sustained damage) and Concealment (Knifeplay, and high Burst damage) and one Healing tree, Medicine. Lethality is for people who like to deal their damage over time, who like to toy with their opponents whittling down their health over time, while Concealment is for people who like to outright DESTROY their opponents, though with the latest patch, Concealment is getting a VERY heavyhanded nerf to it's main ability Hidden Strike, so until you have alot of experience with the class, i would say hold off on PvP'ing with Concealment, and sticking with Lethality till your comfortable with how Operatives work.

Juggernauts on the other hand are a Heavy Armor DPS/Tank class, they have 2 DPS Trees, Rage ("AoE" Burst) and Vengeance (Single Target Burst with minor DoT's) and one Tank tree, Immortal. Rage is getting nerfed into the ground with the latest patch, so i would avoid it with a 10 foot pole untill Bioware un-nerfs it in a century. Vengeance on the other hand is actually in a good place for PvP, it's defences are in a good place, and it deals TONS of damage, If you like seeing big numbers, and are fine with atleast 1 channeled ability in your rotation, Vengeance is for you. Also, the Immortal tree is good in PvP, it just cant kill people, only severely harrass them, great for allowing other people to get in and kill them.

I personally played every class to about lvl 40 via PVP before settling on Operative. Took it from 10 to 55 via PVP, all the while using the Concealment spec. Even with the nerfs I'm topping the charts in terms of dmg, but the nerf to Hidden Strike has made the class a lot harder to use and not get stunned and ganked.

Operative combat will rely heavily on picking your opponent and moment. Spot a sorc or sniper shooting from a high object where his teammies cant help? if you are careful enough not to get knocked down by them, you can end them.

But the main feature of the class in PVP will be turning matches around in ways no one will expect. You can use your two 8 sec stuns, Sleep Dart and Flashbang to stunlock newbie guards on Hypergate, for instance. hilarious to see. We also used to be the people that would roll to get the huttball, and the people that would roll ahead of the team on voidstar, exploiting breaches to plant bombs before the enemy team had even respawned/moved back to their new fallback positions. If you can get a friend to co-op with you, you can also have him lure enemies away from nodes so you can cap them. You also get two ranged AoE, Orbital Strike and Grenade, which are excellent Interrupts. and when you cant use those, there is always the blaster rifle's default Rifle Shot to disrupt enemies from 30 meters while you kite some random Jug.

All in all, Operative is very difficult to play properly compared to Assassins, but if you use your brain, you can single-handedly make your team win. Focus on objectives. The opposing team is just an obstacle, and your teammates are distractions that exist to allow you to plant/cap/stab. For example, if I am going to cap the West Arty node from the Reps on Novare, and some Jug follows me there, I'll let him aggro the guard, draw defenders there, laugh as he dies, wait for the reinforcements to head back to mid, and then gank the sole guard as fast as I can and cap it.

Here's a vid of a person callled Snave playing Oper in the older versions:

You want to investigate this with high res and Fullscreen. Edited by Maxajax