LGBT Players - Check in here!

Kresse

Does pansexual mean that you're just down for grinding anything that looks like it might feel good?

If you like someone, you like someone, who cares about gender, biological or perceived ;)

• Like 1

I'm just genuinely confused on the difference between being a bisexual, in which you can find attraction between both genders, and that of the term pansexual.

Just want to add I'm not knocking wanting to use the term and all, was just confused why it would be classified differently.

Adding to my confusion, would I still be considered B then if I was only attracted to "Femme" type men as well women? Or is that a ballgame of it's own?

In a basic sense:

Bisexual is the attraction to someone of either SEX (biologically speaking)

Pansexual is the attraction to someone of either GENDER (socially constructed, not biological), thus, someone can be either MALE or FEMALE (sex), but can be different on their GENDER.

Nah you identify as however you want to identify. That's why a lot of people also prefer to label themselves as 'queer' rather than gay or bi or lesbian. Basically it's whatever you feel fits you, or whatever you are most comfortable with.

Personally my preferred label is 'dyke' with lesbian as my second. Technically there isn't really a difference in the definition but more the feel of the word.

Nah you identify as however you want to identify. That's why a lot of people also prefer to label themselves as 'queer' rather than gay or bi or lesbian. Basically it's whatever you feel fits you, or whatever you are most comfortable with.

Personally my preferred label is 'dyke' with lesbian as my second. Technically there isn't really a difference in the definition but more the feel of the word.

Sociology makes my head hurt sometimes. This is no exception. ._.'

:D

Hi

Gay Jedi on Trask Ulgo EU. Some good comments going on here and yeah just signing in to give a big smile to the community at large throughout the game.

Have a nice guild, got a few gays, mostly breeders though but you know what, it's just a great group of people I enjoy RP with. Say hi if you want to, friend me, hate me, am on enjin as Crystarr.

Have fun.

Edited by Parali
derogatory name calling - "breeder"

Nah you identify as however you want to identify. That's why a lot of people also prefer to labelPersonally my preferred label is 'dyke' with lesbian as my second. Technically there isn't really a difference in the definition but more the feel of the word.

I might just be ignorant, but I thought "dyke" was considered derogatory.

That depends on who is saying it and how. Much as gay men will sometimes refer to themselves as **** or queens or flamers some gay women refer to themselves as dykes.

You see it in many sub-cultures and minorities, the reclaiming of words that were used in a derogatory fashion.

I like the term dyke because to me it feels a little bit butch and a little bit playful and a little bit in your face, whereas lesbian feels too clinical to me.

Activision Blizzard won their court case over destroying an LGBT guild because they refused to include straight ppl, so therefore....

it fell under the same heading as racism, sexism and genderism...

I wonder how it would have turned out had it been an all-straight guild refusing to include GLBT...

I like the term dyke because to me it feels a little bit butch and a little bit playful and a little bit in your face, whereas lesbian feels too clinical to me.

I think I understand.

You definitely have a point about the word "lesbian." Very official, almost scientific. In my mind it's similar to referring to a girl as simply "female," and a guy as simply "male." While lesbian can be technically and literally accurate, "dyke" is much more specific and to the point.

I prefer '******' but I think 'trannie' is ghastly.

Oh, oops. it won't let me say the word I prefer, which I find innocuous, but will let me say 'trannie' which has all kinds of nasty, ignorant, bigotted connotations.

How odd.

Edited by G-Girl

Um, hope you don't mind the intrusion, since Straights and LGBT are all in the house, but I'm here to show my wholehearted support, too!

I am asexual- no sexual attraction to speak of -but I can completely sympathize with others! :p

(My new, recently created Jedi Sage is asexual as well- the only romance in his life is with the Jedi Code...)

But, I think having a forum like this is totally cool. :D

Edited by RepublicGurl

Checking in btw :p lol

Also:: It's nice to know your not alone especially for a community like ours or anything like it if you really wanna know where the white people are and made a thread you would probably be flamed but, i wouldn't see a problem with it or asian/black/koreans/canadians/jewish/african/etc. etc. etc. someone will always have a problem but, it's your problem and you can deal with it and ignore what you dont' like in a forum that has plenty of other things to look at or since your on a game forum go play the game!

Edited by Parali
reply to deleted rude post

Heya checking in I guess, Aussie gay gamer here playing on the infinite empire server, hoping to jump into a gay friendly guild on transfer... And looking forward to gay romance options so I can play a male lol