Iokath Colossus Droid

Its for daily quest. Since quests appear to be rotating each day, and there was no quest for Colossus droid today you shoudn't have done it.:D

Hate to burst your bubble but you can pick up more dailies. I'm assuming you just need to finish the dailies you picked up first. Already completed 8 for the day.

So what's up with that colossus droid? It's big, it's ugly and it has 8 million health.

We just 10-manned it and there wasn't even an achievement. Is there a quest for it? What is its purpose?

I am working on a daily called Colossal Threat. This daily wants you to kill a colossus droid. What I think we are suppose to do is go to the Assault Walker Access Terminal, purchase use of a walker, and take out a colossus droid with the walker. When you are in the walker you start with 10 million HP. I am not sure cause trying to find a colossus droid is proving to be impossible.

Edited by crackerchocolate

Hate to burst your bubble but you can pick up more dailies. I'm assuming you just need to finish the dailies you picked up first. Already completed 8 for the day.

Well excuse me if I dont have willpower to grind 600 shards to complete Walker quest on the first day..:mad: I killed a lot of completely unnessesary stuff while looking for targets to scan and I barely reached 300 shards..:confused:

Edited: It turns out quests do change. but the exact moment is a mystery.

I did all quests that were available yesterday, except for Walker one and Tyth one. No new quest appear.

I came back today 30 min before daily reset and found 3 new quests. *** Bioware?:eek: I was able to do 2 of them before reset, and after reset they were available again (but only 2 of them)

So yea you can pick up new quest, you just need to figure out when....:eek:

Edited by Gelious

That's a great question. I just got done doing it with an 8 person ops group and wasn't granted the kill so that the mission would complete. This second time I've done it in an 8 man group. I don't see how a 4 man group could do it. you'll need a tank and we used 2 healers so it would be pretty rough on one if in a regular group I'm assuming. That would leave 1 deeps which would take FOREVER, even IF it was possible...:confused:

The kill will only be granted to maximum of 4 people in the group. If you are mor than four players the rest won't get the mission progress/complete the mission.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Seriously?

I mean, I can 4 man it, but it either has a long respawn or it respawns in a different spot. An +8man group saves me the issue of fighting over it.

The reset issue is what everyone has been telling me has been happening to them in-game. I just read the maintenance notes for tomorrow morning, and unless I missed something, it said nothing about this. I suppose I'll see when I log in the a.m. and find a group to try it again...Hopefully an 8 man op group will ALL get credit...:sul_confused:

Me (sorc/sage heals) and a friend (assassin dps) 2 man the Colossus Droid with companions, one ranged dps comp, one tank comp-rank 50. We killed it once, recieved credit, second kill, no credit for the daily. Trying again to get credit.

Update: No credit for a second kill today. feelsbadman

Edited by Furph

• 2 weeks later...
I understand the concept of this being a world boss, but if that is the case, they should allow ops groups to complete the quest. Seems kind of ridiculous if you need at least 5 people to kill the bloody thing and not everyone gets credit for it in the group.

yeah i killed one 2 nights ago and we were a group of 5 and some died during the encouter and we didnt have rev so they went back to medcenter so they couldnt even loot him and I too didnt get the mission done!

I understand the concept of this being a world boss, but if that is the case, they should allow ops groups to complete the quest. Seems kind of ridiculous if you need at least 5 people to kill the bloody thing and not everyone gets credit for it in the group.

You don't need an ops group to kill him. We had 3 humans and a companion and will killed him quickly. As long as everyone in your group has purchased a rocket launcher, you'll be fine (we also had turrets but I don't think those do all that much damage).

• 3 months later...
This mission really gives hardly any real useful information as to how you are to do this mission, as in it doesn't list anywhere if it is an Operation, or if you need a Group to complete this Mission or if you are supposed to go use a Republic Walker or something! As just by reading the Mission from your "Mission Listing" all it really tells you to do is Kill the "Iokath Colossus Droid", as it is to close to a Alliance Base. I really wish missions where a Lot clearer on detail sometimes, would make life a lot easier!

Well,simple tip for Colossus,recruit 2 players onto yours group,no matter the class if they can join group and can purchase armor piercing rocket from some non impiortantly looking astromech droid,each player receive rocket [for few iokath shards and 5k credits],and just go to correct distance [or rocket evade/dodge from droid],point and shoot and run.

You be surprised how fun this daily is ...;) , but still Colossus can show some damage back,so dont underestimate him.

Note/slight warning for using rockets - negative of this purchasing rockets,if you switch instance or you be defeated in way to colossus,effect of rocket do vanish.:csw_fett:

Server T.R.E.

Edited by REVAN_cz

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Iokath Colossus Droid is not a world boss; it's simply a Champ mob with a LOT of HP that you have to kill for 1 of the dailies. Truth be told I generally just skip this one altogether. As a Tank though, I have killed it with only 1 other person and 2 healing companions (we were both full 242, your mileage may vary); nothing else, so it's definitely Duo-able.

The Iokath daily area is not like the classic daily area's (Blackhole / Section X / CZ-198 / etc). it can really only be done every other day due to the rotating quests that you can pick up. Personally, what I have found works best is if you just pick up whatever dailies that you can after a reset and leave them in your log until the next day then return to the mission board and you should have another few quests to pick up. Then you just pick whatever 5 you want to do. Rinse and repeat.