RP: having an imperial son as a rep soldier?

Draksen

Hi there

Slighly RP -in fact fully RP hehe- is it possible for a republic soldier to have a son in the imperial army?

(lore wise I mean)

Can it be justified somehow?

Thanks for replies

If I remember the movies correctly you had a father in the imperial army (if you consider a lord of the sith "in the army") and a son in the republic resistance, so I going to say the reverse could very easily happen.

well never understand it, mostly about the benefits in combinations with the roles we give them in our legacy... I just throw them in and thats it, they pick random roles..

But for your question... The son doesnt have to follow his daddy steps.. is it?

^^ the missing word there is the average term for a person that gets paid to have intimate relations with another person. Starts with an "H" Whith some "O's", a "K" and an "ER". Why it's blocked? Idk... Edited by WhillB

^^ the missing word there is the average term for a person that gets paid to have intimate relations with another person. Starts with an "H". Why it's blocked out? Idk...

Because it start with a "W"...

quick on the edit lol

Edited by TMar

^^ the missing word there is the average term for a person that gets paid to have intimate relations with another person. Starts with an "H" Whith some "O's", a "K" and an "ER". Why it's blocked? Idk...

It's blocked because the filter hates Rugby

I would say it is possible, like with my Legacy, at the top is my imperial agent, a loyal imperial at the start of the story, yet later in life he marries and has a child, the son is force sensitive, but after seeing the sith at work, the agent takes his family out of the empire, defecting to the republic.

If you give a good enough backstory to each character then i suppose anything is possible.

Sure. We sort of see the opposite happen in the game:

You'd presume that Elara Dorne's parents are/were still Imperial

Also on Ord Mantell you have a side quest where:

The son of a republic/refugee family was kidnapped at an early age by separatist/pirates and is separatist until you have the option of freeing him when playing Trooper/Smuggler.

You could also write some lore around families being split up during the invasion - it's a recurring theme in civil wars. In the Clone Wars cartoon, there is an episode featuring a then-Captain Wilhuff Tarkin as a Republic ship captain during the Clone Wars. Of course, we know he turns out at the end.

Edited by Foobert

Because it start with a "W"...

quick on the edit lol

That word that starts with a W doesn't have a K in it. That's not the word that he was talking about. I believe it is a word similar to Captain Hook's last name and inspired by a general from the Civil War whose first name is Joseph.

As for the OP's question, of course that could happen. The son could defect, be on a world captured by the Empire and enlist, he could have an Imperial mother (possibly of loose morals as mentioned above), or be recruited by the Imperial Army for whatever reason.

Edited by flyersfan

Differences in Politics happen. But as soon as he became a Republic Soldier, he ceased to be an Imperial. Imperial isn't a race, it's a culture.

And I'm fairly sure that level of betrayal doesn't sit well with the father. And makes family dinner on Life Day that much more awkward.