Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

The initial character transfer service is now available, allowing qualifying characters to be transferred at no charge from selected origin servers to selected destination servers. This character transfer service will be available as long as is required to help maintain population balance across the service and create a better overall gameplay experience. Select servers will be eligible for free character transfers based on the player populations of the origin and destination servers.

Read More

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So speaking in terms of just NA servers, there are currently almost 120 servers on the list, and you've got 4 of them open for transfer? I know this is just the initial group, but seriously give SOME of us some hope for this game. Of the 120 or so servers, 115 of them show LIGHT always. I expect much more from this. I really hope you guys know what you're doing

good job BW (no sarcasm).

I didn't expect you guys to allow xfer to the current high pop servers, and I thought that would have been a bad choice. It's good to see people being moved to the current high pop servers.

really? not Starstorm one?? are you f**** kidding me? our Q times last up to 30 min's to an hour... AND THATS DURING PEAK TIME

chill out, they're learning from their mistake from launch, where they frantically released all the servers, causing the CURRENT problem.

The choice to slowly roll out xfers so that they can monitor the population is a good move, that way we don't ping pong to those heavy servers suddenly being "FULL" all the time, and people having a wait time.

Lol we have periods of up to 11 hours with no pvp on Terentantak and we didn't get S&@# thanks for nothing Bioware FAIL!

LOL... you can stay logged in ALL DAY on my server and not get a PVP match.

You people are really impatient. The transfers were told to be on the begining of the summer and we are at 12th of June and this is just the firsts round of servers and you are whining in a extremely way. Just take a pill and relax. If in 2 - 3 weeks havent appearead more servers for the transfers, then complain. Edited by Shaligal

Seriously?

I just re subbed to the game to find out that there's only 10 servers available to transfer from?

My server (Dreshdae Cantina) is dead and I gotta spend what could be another week or month maybe even 2..3..hell who knows how long before I can get off the pile of rubbish server I am on?

I know they will introduce more servers to the list but me and my friends resubbed yesterday because we expected a little more than only 10 servers to be available out of the 100+ there is.

Merge the dam servers if you want this game to retain its customers BW!

may I ask why didn't you just wait till you know what servers were going to be allowed to transfer to first? It's hardly BW fault you subbed before the list was out,so not point in having a go about it really.

Unbelievable.

I waited for the server transfers with the hope that I would get back in the game but the way it is implemented is hilarious.

Even a simple server merge would be better than this.

Now all I can do is move from a low pop server to another low pop server and hope that more players will follow.

I guess I'll pass for now......

You people are really impatient. The transfers were told to be on the begining of the summer and we are at 12th of June and this is just the firsts round of servers and you are whining in a extremely way. Just take a pill and relax. If in 2 - 3 weeks havent appearead more servers for the transfers, then complain.

QFT

People are way to impatient ... Do I think the initial phase is a little underwhelming? Yes... Do I think it's kind of silly that they did 6 EU servers and only 4 US? Yes... What will I do about it? Wait 2 weeks to see if my server shows up... If my server doesn't show up by then, maybe just maybe I will come on forums and ask about it in a civil way.

Look, before we all go COMPLETELY crazy ...

I'm sure that the low number of servers just means that they are worried about how this will work and possible mistakes.

The FIRST BATCH of people are therefore "guinnea pigs" or "sacrificial lambs"

I am absolutely positive that once it works (bug free) they'll open it up

All the struggles ppl are having, my heart goes out to you all.

What baffles me most is the fact that a heavy pop server like Fatman, just got more ppl added to it?!??

Why wouldnt you send some of these transfers to a semi- health pop server and allow that to grow? I guess instead of spending time growing my legacy, I should just start a lowbie and Fatman and join the SWTOR server that seems to be on BWs actual to do list.

Really this isnt pewpew, only a surprised reaction to this list... only 10 servers outta 120??? When ppl have been politely reporting and starting threads asking to be sved from a dead zone.:rak_02:

in my server i am the only one in the fleet right now. it might be 1 or 2 more in the black hole, but thats about it. i was really exited about this day, cause today i would finally be able to play again......i thought.

I'm not sure about this, Starstorm One is not on the list yet and we are about 100 people on republic and thats not enough people to play PvE (Whats that, two and a half guild?), how could all this cluster****s of realms make it better, Pick on realm Bioware and make that one Full then pick another, ect ect. We don't need 50/120 "Standard" servers we need 10/120 Full ones, so the community can start flourish in game, The odds of meeting another player during questing is about 10%, It simply doesnt happen so **** us when a quest require 4 people.

This is getting annoying, If this transfer thing you have going on wont work, then we are out of hope right?

Soooo... Umm..... we were like told.... ummm... that transfers where coming today??

umm..... sooo.... theres like 4 NA servers listed..... andddd.... wellll.... you see.... i kinda thought.... ummm.. welll... along with everyone else on my server.... ummmm... that we'd be able to... um... welll.... transfer today....

soooo.... im not really sure..... ummm... if we are going to be able too.... welll... you see.... ummmm transfer today.... soooo... could you.... you know..... maybe give us a projected time line.... that.... ummm... shows when servers are expected to be up for transfers..... sooo..... ummm..... you know.... ummm..... i can tell my guild when to expect to move.... since..... this game has zero support for.... what are those things called? ohh... guilds.

Unbelievable.

I waited for the server transfers with the hope that I would get back in the game but the way it is implemented is hilarious.

Even a simple server merge would be better than this.

Now all I can do is move from a low pop server to another low pop server and hope that more players will follow.

I guess I'll pass for now......

I dont know about all the destination servers, but the ones that i know (Red Eclipse, Tomb of Freedom Nab, Fatman) are standard - high servers. So, no i think that you arent moving from a light server to another server. And well, as i said, this is just the first round of servers. If in the next days - weeks dont appear more servers, then complain that i will support you. But not some hours after the first list of servers is released.

You people are really impatient. The transfers were told to be on the begining of the summer and we are at 12th of June and this is just the firsts round of servers and you are whining in a extremely way. Just take a pill and relax. If in 2 - 3 weeks havent appearead more servers for the transfers, then complain.

We shouldn't have to wait 2-3 more weeks for more servers to open up, there should have been way more servers allowed to transfer out in the first batch. From what I hear some of these server only had like 20 people on them, so the number of people actually transferring isn't as high as it should be for the first batch.