Hatred Assassin - PVP

BonnerFett

About the same. They both use the same 6-piece set bonus so they get the same benefits.

They are both squishy, they both have good burst. Hatred feels a tad more squishy but it has better overall damage. The burst is slightly lesser in hatred but the sustain is without comparison when the burst window is done. Deception can't even dream of sustain like this.

Also, deception needs May Cause Injury tactical for any AoE potential. Hatred has this AoE damage built in, in addition to having single target burst.

Keep at it, the only thing you have to change is the tactical and some abilities on your hotbars. The rest of your gear can stay exactly the same. So go back and forth and see what you prefer. I'd say they're on par.

Edited by Monterone

About the same. They both use the same 6-piece set bonus so they get the same benefits.

They are both squishy, they both have good burst. Hatred feels a tad more squishy but it has better overall damage. The burst is slightly lesser in hatred but the sustain is without comparison when the burst window is done. Deception can't even dream of sustain like this.

Also, deception needs May Cause Injury tactical for any AoE potential. Hatred has this AoE damage built in, in addition to having single target burst.

Keep at it, the only thing you have to change is the tactical and some abilities on your hotbars. The rest of your gear can stay exactly the same. So go back and forth and see what you prefer. I'd say they're on par.

This might be a noob question... Wouldn't I need two sets of gear one for the set bonus of Deception and one for the set bonus of Hatred?

This might be a noob question... Wouldn't I need two sets of gear one for the set bonus of Deception and one for the set bonus of Hatred?

Not a noob question at all, I should have clarified. I still use the same Death Knell set for it since the 6 piece is still very beneficial. I guess I'm just being cheap since I'm min/maxing my 3rd toon now and don't particularly feel like grinding out the Phantom Stride set, or whatever it's called, on the side. And the 4 piece bonus still works on Assasinate.

The set is not discipline specific and can be used for both. I would min/max that set first since you can use for both, and then build a second set later for just Hatred.

Edited by Monterone

Not a noob question at all, I should have clarified. I still use the same Death Knell set for it since the 6 piece is still very beneficial. I guess I'm just being cheap since I'm min/maxing my 3rd toon now and don't particularly feel like grinding out the Phantom Stride set, or whatever it's called, on the side. And the 4 piece bonus still works on Assasinate.

The set is not discipline specific and can be used for both. I would min/max that set first since you can use for both, and then build a second set later for just Hatred.

Awesome. Thank you!