Flashpoints...why dont you do them?

I'm posting this just to find what peoples reasons are for not running flashpoints. This isn't meant to be a QQ or a bash or anything. I'm just simply curious as to the reasons why running flashpoints are so unpopular.

I have a few theories..

1) Players just don't want to have to stop questing just to go to the fleet and hope that they can find a group. (Hopefully this will change when we get the LFD tool).

2) Experience and rewards are pretty bad. I'm sure a lot of people just realized that they really aren't getting a lot of XP running flashpoints. Also, why run a flashpoint when there are so few drops. The reward vs. time/risk factor is pretty bad.

So lets just hear some of your reasons....

Edited by Lorgrin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do them. I'm a FP farmer for social points/skins/commendations. :D

Mind you, only on my sorc/sage. All other chars dont care for them since BW made social points only really matter for light armor users and pretty much only the Esseles/Black Talon is worth it.

Edited by Kirameki

The game is still 2 Months Old, I am having fun with so many other things like leveling different classes and charectors, to get a feel for what I like the best, but to answer your questions specifically, I don't do Flashpoints because it hasn't always been easy for me to group with people for them, but now as more people level, get on and what not, I plan to get around to it, so the answer to your question is, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I would love to do more flashpoints, but I have completely given up on all my chars.

It's just no fun to:

- Spend 10 min. traveling from quest area on planet to the fleet.

- Spend 45 min. spamming LFG in general chat for a group that never happens

- Spend 10 min. traveling back to quest area on planet

If I wanted to completely waste my time, I might as well go watch TV instead.

I do them. I'm a FP farmer for social points/skins/commendations. :D

Mind you, only on my sorc/sage. All other chars dont care for them since BW made social points only really matter for light armor users and pretty much only the Esseles/Black Talon is worth it.

True that.

Plus, just getting a group is a hassle

I have limited time to play (2 or 3 days a week on evening and some time on weekend). I play since day 2 of early access, I have 2 chars and none of them is on cap yet. After trying a couple of times and not being able to get a group I find myself skipping FPs and just keep questing. That's not just it: I also skip a lot of the group quests on the planets because sometimes I can't find people to go with me. I wish they extend the LFG tool to group quests and not only for FPs when they release it.

No reason to do them. Between dailies and PVP I was geared for Ops without setting a single foot in a flashpoint. Already snagging plenty of Columi gear from the Ops as well. Why would I want to deal with PUGs and such (read: repair bills) when I can do dailies for cash, pvp for fun, and Ops w/ guildies for gear?

Why I dont run FP

1) Too difficult to find a group, especially on Republic side.

Spamming LFG even in peak hours and might never get a group.

2) Almost all FPs are on the fleet.

This is silly as I'm out questing on a planet and to run a FP,, i have to go all the way back to fleet. Even then, it's not guaranteed to find a group.

Do I have to break up my questing on planets, to run through orbital stations etc and back to the fleet?

3) End-game FPs are on Ilum.

Why put end-game FPs on Ilum when everything else, inc GTN, is on the fleet??

Now for my lvl 50, I have to go to Ilum if i find a group on the fleet?

More time wasting travel.

4) No social points to be gained other than Black Talon/Esseles.

5) Some FPs have too much trash and too long.

Cut the amount of trash in half since trash dont do anything significant.

I'd rather be out questing, improving my character, seeing the story, than sit around the stupid Fleet, waiting for a group to form.

two answers

I dont run fps because

pre-50:

-took to long to find a group for them and you leveled past most of them quicker

-to many was not vital to the story line (like taral/maelstrom)

-the rewards are simply not intresting enough and will be even less so with 1.2 and crittable craft oranges.

-low drop rate, aka the risk/time invested vs reward is loooow

How to fix: better drops, more drops, more story.

post 50

-The loot is plain garbage both on normal and hard mode.

-The instances are so unrewarding and in a time vs effort on hard mode they are actually gonna set your character progress back versus doing ANYTHING else activly in the game.

-Its far easier doing dailys/gtn and/or craft than doing normal/hard modes, they are all in all already dated once you hit 50. (you need a master level that offers rakata tokens and is significantly harder and require that lvl gear)

-The eq system is out of whack, the initial gear and the requirements for the first ops or hardmodes is so low that anyone with any sense simply gets full centurion gear the second they hit 50. The fact is that centurion/champion is so good you dont need to replace it untill rakata, basicly pve wise you bunnyleap past both tier 1 and 2, the ease of getting pvp gear as you can get it during the whole lvling vs the pve gear is absolutly staggering.

-Token rewards are borderline useless, the ammount of tokens/commendations you need to get 1 item even for fricking tionese is absurd especially comparing to the ease of getting pvp eq.

solution: cut the prizes of token gear by 60% atleast, 80% for tionese, make hard mode drop columni tokens not tionese, uppgrade the loot aka normal mode 124-126 and hm 134-36.

• there are only a limited number that have HM.
  • i would do more if they made the other non-HM FPs to turn in to HMs
  • replayability? meh. only basically for the equipment from the end boss
  • if they had Nightmare modes for FPs I would do them more
  • too hard to find a group as you level. there are 3-4 I have never done
  • bonus bosses? why? it doesn't seem like they drop anything worth wasting your time for
  • buggy. I believe Directive 7 is still bugged for that one cloning fight?

Until there is a LFG tool, I won't be doing FPs. I play the game to play the game, not to build community and spam chat channels for hours hoping to find someone to run an FP.

Flashpoint finder or bust, at this point, if Bioware wants people to run their instances.

Edited by Jederix

this almost made me fall out of my seat... because playing video games is a very productive activity.

lol

The difference, though only slight, is still a difference. At least with video games, you are required to use your brain for at least a few tasks. The TV doesn't even require that much thought.