Walker mounts for this game

Ok I have been thinking about this every time i watch Ep. 3. There are a couple of times we get to see clones riding ATRTs(All Terrain Recon Transports). I think those would be awesome to have as mounts or something like those. I am not really asking to put in ATATs or ATSTs but just some single person walkers would be nice to have in this game.The only thing the devs have to do is make them look like walkers from this era and call them something different like Raid Scouter or Czerka STAP .

All I ask is to plz support this idea.Thank you

How would you explain something like that appearing on the CARTEL Market.. They still have to sort of stay within Lore.. Especially with a mount like that.. We aren't just talking about an imperial outfit that they designed.. You are asking about something from the movies.. I just can't see the Hutt Cartel gaining access to that mount.. Not realistically anyways..

But of course that is me.. :)

Well it doesn't have to be the same.

We can already see that the republic and imperials have large scale walkers on ord mantell and coruscant and illum.

It would make sence for them to have smaller personal ones similar to the at-pt's used by empire during the movies

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f1/AT-PT_schem.jpg&imgrefurl=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:AT-PT_schem.jpg&h=1516&w=1823&sz=772&tbnid=XdSXSaQeD-VgZM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=113&zoom=1&usg=__Z0xhKfewZ0ApYHoP1YwjFRIH6Fk=&docid=rVM26W9xjMR5DM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Yi1rUa_6Ooqd0wX3wIHIDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEMQ9QEwAQ&dur=385

Well it doesn't have to be the same.

We can already see that the republic and imperials have large scale walkers on ord mantell and coruscant and illum.

Exactly my point. Plus i only used the ATRTs as the base of my idea(For those who thought i wanted those in game). Like I said all they need to do is make some personal walker(Idc how it looks) and give it a cool name.Also I am pretty sure that there are more ppl who want Walker mounts more then Animal mounts in this community.:cool:

they better should make Animal mounts. and if you go lore,just say that the hutt cartel tamed the beasts and put them for sale. an animal as a mount could be for example Varcatyl or Nexu,there's much choices.

they better should make Animal mounts. and if you go lore,just say that the hutt cartel tamed the beasts and put them for sale. an animal as a mount could be for example Varcatyl or Nexu,there's much choices.

Ok heres my problem, The whole animal mount thing would make this game more like WoW. Also the Hutts mainly sold beast as pets to the most wealthy buyers.

Walker mounts would probably set this game farther apart from WoW because of the size it would be and also it would look like the proto designs for walkers like the AT-RT or many others.

And this goes for everyone who wants to ride a animal: If you want to ride a over grown lizard, Go back to WoW kid.

Ok heres my problem, The whole animal mount thing would make this game more like WoW. Also the Hutts mainly sold beast as pets to the most wealthy buyers.

Walker mounts would probably set this game farther apart from WoW because of the size it would be and also it would look like the proto designs for walkers like the AT-RT or many others.

And this goes for everyone who wants to ride a animal: If you want to ride a over grown lizard, Go back to WoW kid.

So the Sandtroopers on Tatooine riding a Dewback... were they from another universe? What about Obi-Wan and the Varactyl? The Mustafarians riding their creatures? It's just as Star Wars as walkers.

So the Sandtroopers on Tatooine riding a Dewback... were they from another universe? What about Obi-Wan and the Varactyl? The Mustafarians riding their creatures? It's just as Star Wars as walkers.

Oh and guess what....mounts were before WoW. :p So enough of this "it would turn it into WoW" crap.

Or Luke and Han on their Tauntauns? That's an iconic image from ESB.

Ok for all those examples above there is a logical explanation.

Sandtrooper on dewback(lets call him Tim:p): Machine + Desert planet = Heavy maintenance. see: Tatooine Ghost

ESB: Snowspeeders need fuel and mainly for mapping out a area(or taking down a ATAT or 2)

RotS: A speeder would have given Obi-wan away

Edited by DarthSlin

Walkers....don't move that fast.

You want a running Walker mount? I think I'd never stop laughing.

Imagine someone Mounting this Big-*** walker on the republic/empire Fleet.

Ok im not asking for a damn AT-ST or AT-AT here. It would be cool if this game had a walker like the AT-RTs because they moving pretty fast as seen in the Clone Wars and also battlefront.Also the devs dont have to make the walkers very tall.

At-RT:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Recon_Transport

I'd actually prefer walker mounts over animal mounts as well.

Yes, there are animal mounts in the movies. But, you don't see anyone riding a Veractyl on Coruscant. The mounts are localized.

A walker is mechanical, so it's feasible to see and use them on about any planet. Still, not on the fleet or indoor instances, mind you. So no racing on the fleet or through Esseles or Black Talon on your walker.

As for a walkers' speed: it's maybe not as fast as a speeder, but definitely a lot faster than walking or even running. It should end around the same speed where most animal mounts should be. Some animal mounts may be faster in the movies, but those are sprinters, kinda like a jaguar capable to sprint very fast for a few minutes, but not for long distances. So avarage that out, and simply put walkers and animal mounts all at 90% speed, but NON adaptive and never capable of going any faster than that.

Instead, give them some other bonus than speed. Like vehicle combat capabilities or built-in stealth generators or something.

Hi all

I have few ideas myself, so I want to share them

1. Animal mount should be local, usuable only on specific planets, like Tauntau on Hoth, lizards of Taris etc.

2. Walker mounts usuable only on planets not in fleet, stations etc.

3. Giant walkers should be guild mount. Leader will be driver and rest of guild will jump on back of walker, and they can go for world boss or something :D

Maybe slower but with vendors, repair bots, medical droids etc. so very useful for the guild events

thanks for reading

Would love to see some animals like mountable Dewback in this game. I refuse to believe the people in the old rep were dumber than the future and cant mount a beast. lol

Its not that they are dumber but more like it is pointless.

@AsheraII

Also very good points. I do agree walker mounts shouldn't be in doors like fleet and have some other capabilities that no other mount has. Walker speed should be around 90%-100% but they offer better knock-off protection(better then grade 3 piloting) have have weapons.And the idea for a guild mount would be cool because lets say your guild and some other ppl are going around assaulting pub/imp outpost. the walker it self would have 1mil hp or so and each person(max 8) take a battle station(Turrets or targeting) and everyone else could be repair ppl.

Another thing, Why can we mount up in fleet in first place? lol

Edited by DarthSlin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
In SWG I received a walker mount as a subscriber reward and it was great to have moving across tat.

SWG was set in modern days of SW pick some time during/after battle of Yavin.

Old Republic happend 3000 years BBY.

Basically what OP asked was the equivalent to Roman's using tanks, because he saw a movie about Roman's using catapults and thought it would cool to use tanks instead.

SWG was set in modern days of SW pick some time during/after battle of Yavin.

Old Republic happend 3000 years BBY.

Basically what OP asked was the equivalent to Roman's using tanks, because he saw a movie about Roman's using catapults and thought it would cool to use tanks instead.

There are walkers and transports on several planets throughout the game. Most recently on Oricon. This would be easy to do.

I don't know if they would introduce walkers as mounts but that would sound cool.

On the other hand they could maybe introduce these walkers as usable combat vehicles.

I remember back in 2012 I think one of the devs make a poll thread that was about: pod-racing,3D space,vehicle combat, and the last one I forgot.

Either way it would be cool to see and use these large vehicles.:D