new gearing score

kojottt

Before 2.7, for me it was clear, there was gear level and appriopriate green/blue/purple sublevel for that. Now we have level that is linked with both level and sublevel. It would be nice apart from I have no idea what drops level is.

Before we had 66,69,72,78 (levels that matters). Now we have hundred and something divided by both blues and purples. Can we have old system back?

Before 2.7, for me it was clear, there was gear level and appriopriate green/blue/purple sublevel for that. Now we have level that is linked with both level and sublevel. It would be nice apart from I have no idea what drops level is.

Before we had 66,69,72,78 (levels that matters). Now we have hundred and something divided by both blues and purples. Can we have old system back?

Or at least make it a User Interface option whether the tooltip shows level or rating. Having Bioware decide that it knows better than I do what information about my gear I want to see feels particularly high-handed and grating.

The system we used to have was needlessly bloated.

Advanced Armoring 34, which was listed as having a mod level of [78] on the tooltip, but which gave an "Item Level 180" for the gear.

What was the point of the separate mod level? This way is much more straight-forward.

The old way wasn't extremely confusing or anything, but it was adding a minor layer of complication for no benefit whatsoever. The Item level in the tooltip tells just as much about the mod as the old mod level did in the tooltip.

(Also, I am definitely happy that the ear/implant/relics are now all listing item levels as well.)

Edited by DarthDymond

For Level 55 gear, it's totally necessary to have item ratings show to discriminate between the entry level stuff and the NIM gear.

BUT when I'm levelling up, it's actually a real pain in the behind, as my Level 37 Powertech has, on his chestpiece, Armoring 94, Mod 100, Enhancement 94. Which tells me that the armoring/enhancement are behind the mod. But it doesn't tell me whether it's level appropriate or not.

It could be I'm still running around with a level 25 mod and level 23 armoring/enhancement.

Yes, I can dig into the item itself (like we used to have to do to figure out rating), but there's no quick way to check if all my pieces are at spec/level.

Why not have an option for (level-rating) to appear? I know it's still confusing, but just make it a toggle option for rating/level/level-rating.

We use to have this rating system back in beta but after several threads asking them to make the mod rating simpler they did. Why they feel the need to go back on that is beyond me. Unless they plan to put in place a system that will read your total stat rating and some how install that into the group finder (Something that I would not be a fan of) I see no reason to do this. Edited by Silko