Concealment needs love.

Barfelonous

If I get smashed by another sentinel or DPS guardian after gettin surprise HS I'm gonna get a domestic for beating my mother. bio plz give us some loving. read all of the hundreds of posts about how we are a lack luster class. listen and imagine and calculate some of the ideas and changes these other players suggest.

sincerely yours,

subscriber since release

Keep in mind that concealment does aggravatingly well in pre-50 PVP. So each buff is going to make pre-50 PVP a lot harder. And while people may insist that it doesn't matter like 50, I'd like to point out that the more time you spend in pre-50 pvp, the less time you spend at the bottom of the food chain in 50 PVP.

while this is a great point, I must argue that I have put so many hours into this agent and his gear, and even learning the playstyle that it just totally turns me off to be kicked from groups and constantly raped by every other melee dps in the game. suppose I'm just a little dis-heartened by this, but it's happened enough times to get me to finally post. something needs to change.

Well, it's like that, isn't it? Melees have an easier time against you, but for ranged classes and anyone on guard duty, you're a nightmare?

That said, I wouldn't be too much against some WELL THOUGHT OUT buffs to concealment. It's the heavy handed changes that end up making things worse than before that I'm completely against. So, see if you can figure out what it is that makes it so lackluster, suggest some changes, and get some feedback.

Keep in mind that concealment does aggravatingly well in pre-50 PVP. So each buff is going to make pre-50 PVP a lot harder. And while people may insist that it doesn't matter like 50, I'd like to point out that the more time you spend in pre-50 pvp, the less time you spend at the bottom of the food chain in 50 PVP.

Aggravatingly well? It's not like we dominate. I'm leveling my first Operative and doing so concealment. I'm 42 right now and I can report it's fun and competitive but definitely not "aggravatingly well". Sent/Maur is aggravatingly well. The leap spam dps, leap to next, spam dps, go invul, leap, spam dps....we have to let loose 10+ abilities to get a kill.

Keep in mind that concealment does aggravatingly well in pre-50 PVP.

I've got news for you: every class/spec does well in pre-50 PvP. It's filled with so many bad players, therefore any spec (even if it's worse than other specs) in the hands of a decent player (doesn't have to be good or amazing, just decent) will melt face and top the meters.

*sigh* here we go another thread like this for PVP we are fine it's the PVE frount that we need love not PVP.

in PVP we are in a good spot that we are annoying enough to be a good choice in ranked but not OP enough to get a nerf we arn't ment to be a guy the runs around and can desamate a whole team we are a assassin needs to pick there targets and take them down hard and fast and when done right they won't even get back up after the first knock down.

*sigh* here we go another thread like this for PVP we are fine it's the PVE frount that we need love not PVP.

in PVP we are in a good spot that we are annoying enough to be a good choice in ranked but not OP enough to get a nerf we arn't ment to be a guy the runs around and can desamate a whole team we are a assassin needs to pick there targets and take them down hard and fast and when done right they won't even get back up after the first knock down.

My opinion based on the fact I do ranked PvP. My main is an operative. It is just an opinion.

Operative DPS isn't really a good choice in ranked PvP.... ranked pvp is about having the best at everything...

Pure Melee DPS the operative does not come close to smashers. No one does. Any class that has an Auto-Crit owns at Pure DPS because they replace all their Crit gear with Power. Besides Jugs and Mars, Pyro PT, Snipers both put out a ton of burst.

Off-Heal DPS sorc has bubbles, which is an instant cast that only takes 1gcd. The Tanky AC's have taunts which are like heals in that it is damage that mitigated.

Stealth Defender Viable but Assassin has better defensive cooldowns which makes them a better defender.

Stealth Attacker. FINALLY a place operatives shine. That mad suprise burst is great in a 1v1. Infiltrate can be useful, but only in certain situations. The slowdown makes it painful and most good teams keep track of how many people are where. And, lets face it, Assassins aren't that bad at being a stealth attacker either. And they get that awesome cooldown and better speed burst.

Here are things I've been asking for DPS:

1) Immunity to AoE taunt and CC while stealthed.

2) Collateral Damage/Lacerate damage boost for Concealment. Turn Weakening Blast into an AoE for lethality.

3) Less Energy Intensive

• A passive % snare on direct-damage ranged attacks, similar to Vanguards' Ion Cell. /End gap-closer argument.

• Increase range of Sever Tendon 20m, Overload Shot 30m.

• Reduce CD on my melee skills so I'm not forced to use rifleshot while running after my target in melee range. Using the free-cost standard attack should be a matter of energy management, not CD management. Using ranged as a melee class should be a matter of tactics, not pure CD management.

• Give Hidden Strike small function outside of stealth-opener.

That's my /list

Edited by Sanctioned

My opinion based on the fact I do ranked PvP. My main is an operative. It is just an opinion.

Operative DPS isn't really a good choice in ranked PvP.... ranked pvp is about having the best at everything...

Pure Melee DPS the operative does not come close to smashers. No one does. Any class that has an Auto-Crit owns at Pure DPS because they replace all their Crit gear with Power. Besides Jugs and Mars, Pyro PT, Snipers both put out a ton of burst.

Off-Heal DPS sorc has bubbles, which is an instant cast that only takes 1gcd. The Tanky AC's have taunts which are like heals in that it is damage that mitigated.

Stealth Defender Viable but Assassin has better defensive cooldowns which makes them a better defender.

Stealth Attacker. FINALLY a place operatives shine. That mad suprise burst is great in a 1v1. Infiltrate can be useful, but only in certain situations. The slowdown makes it painful and most good teams keep track of how many people are where. And, lets face it, Assassins aren't that bad at being a stealth attacker either. And they get that awesome cooldown and better speed burst.

Here are things I've been asking for DPS:

1) Immunity to AoE taunt and CC while stealthed.

2) Collateral Damage/Lacerate damage boost for Concealment. Turn Weakening Blast into an AoE for lethality.

3) Less Energy Intensive

Dude i never said we were a heavy hitter what i said was that we are ment to be a guy that picks off our targets 1 by 1 we arn't ment to be a front line fighter.

what you have surgested are things that would make us OP as **** immunity to CC while stealthed and AoE taunts while stealthed dude no if they did it for us they would do it for assassin's and i do NOT want that.

while i do admit that our Lacerate damage is a bit low and could use a small boost i still find it fine the way it is and i don't play leath so i can't really comment on weakening blast being AoE.

Our energy is what makes us unique and that we have to manage it if people are going stupid and using all there energy to fast it's there own stupid fault i rarely ever run out and i can still 1v1 pritty much anyone and still come out with energy sounds like you need to L2P better or work your rotation a bit to conseve a bit more

all in all what you are sugesting is that they make us OP i say NO we are in a good spot right now and i don't want that changed we can 1v1 any class down if they are alone and get off the first hit if back up comes we always have our backup stealth and ghost to get out of there which i do have to use every now and again but really what are you targeting that you blow your enegry so fast that you want them to give you a boost to regen we have our probe that gives us a lot back and we have our buff for extra regen and you still run out? sounds like you need to rethink your strat for PvP me thinks.

And finally you Stealth Defender thing dude *** you smoking that is a point were we do shine we can keep them from capping for a LONG time if done right sure we will die at some point while doing but for the most part we will keep the point save and kill the guy doing it as long as it's only 1 person and if it's 2 people doing it we can still flashbang them and then call for backup and just hold the point until it comes, i can't tell you the amount of times i have had to do this for a team but i will say this NEVER EVER say we are bad at point defence we are one the best for it since we have a lot of CC and stuns.

Edited by Darkchip

Snip.

Snipped out long quote wall o text.

All of that is well and good... but Concealment has some pretty major issues in PVE in both damage and energy.

There isn't even an option to play Lethality because it will clip any other Lethality's (sniper or Operative) in the group.

The class needs an over-haul on rotation, energy and damage.

i agree we do need to be redone but at the moment we can still use concelment for PvE but it does take a lot of work to get the items and mods we need but most of all we need to know our rotation and placement for each boss before we go in.

Am i happy with us at the moment yes i am but thats only because i have played concelment since this game has come out and know where to stand and i have the gear for it, i also agree that for a new player it is hell to do concelment for PvE it's sad that we have been pritty much nerfed to just a PvP class and i do want us changed and we are getting a change in the expansion thats nearly out HOPEFULLY we will be useable again in PvE for everybody but that will all depend on the new skills we get and if people are still going to be whiney *****s about us killing them in PvP really biowear needs to stop lissioning to the forums about PvP since anyone that has played a op even for a little bit will know what to look out for and how to counter us.

They should START by making cloaking screen actually work as they say it does!!!!!!! CS is supposed to IMMEDIATELY exit you from combat and enter stealth mode becoming virtually undetectable for 10 seconds. What a joke. Over 50% of my deaths occur within 5 seconds of using CS. A lot of the times my opponent never even stops firing at me. It is like I never disappear from his target so from his point of view my once in 2 min ability did nothing. I can only guess that there is a lag problem that discounts CS over being attacked again??? I know the Rauders ability works fine because I have to re-target them every time they blink out and then finish me off. My Force Cloak seems to work fine for my Shadow as well even though I hardly ever have to use it because she can actually live through a solid fight. Only on my Op does CS seem to be "bugged". They should add a 4 second immunity timer to CS where you can not lose stealth for that period.

The SECOND thing they need to do is undo the timing nerf to enter stealth. What a terrible joke they played on us. We have to wait a full 6 seconds to enter stealth after killing someone even though we are no longer in combat. STUPID!!! I end up running around like a fool hoping no one notices me so I can use my PRIMARY ability and actually enter stealth. Either remove it again or lower it to 3 seconds. 6 seconds is an eternity in PVP.

THEN They can review the plethora of things that break stealth. I use TS right before I CS but there are so many things that break stealth it almost seems better for then to remove stealth entirely and just give us heavy armor and defensive abilities. I mean come on... Toxic Scan should not break stealth. It is not like we are running around in stealth and doing nothing but cleansing our teammates. It is on a 4.5 second cooldown you know.

Finally, They need to review all the things that keep us in combat. How many times do we stop fighting and slip into a nook somewhere to heal up and enter stealth only to stand there and feel worthless waiting for a long time to exit combat? I wish I had recorded some of the times where I am not close to anyone, purposely did not use a DoT on anyone and have no DoT or debuff on me but still stayed in combat for >15 second. The worst part is our DoTs last too long. Corrosive Dart should last no longer than 9 seconds, not the 15 seconds that it does. The opponents timers need to be shortened as well. The TTK has been lowered now so that 15 seconds in PVP is two lifetimes.

what is most annoying is people expect you to have some crazy out of this world dps at the end of the wz.... Look i spend half my time chasing after ppl who wind up flying away or being knocked out of my range... Never take into consideration all the death blows i got from seeing half hp meter players and taking them out of the picture.. That is big help for the team.

We get no respect , but we do so much under the radar work for the team.. I get a lil fed up with it.... "WHy did you only have 125k dps in that round that sucks you noob" you try playing a class that has to chase targets down at a slow pace and then have some jerk knocked them half way across the map when you could have kocked them down and stunned them and burst them to death. So frustrating.

what is most annoying is people expect you to have some crazy out of this world dps at the end of the wz.... Look i spend half my time chasing after ppl who wind up flying away or being knocked out of my range... Never take into consideration all the death blows i got from seeing half hp meter players and taking them out of the picture.. That is big help for the team.

We get no respect , but we do so much under the radar work for the team.. I get a lil fed up with it.... "WHy did you only have 125k dps in that round that sucks you noob" you try playing a class that has to chase targets down at a slow pace and then have some jerk knocked them half way across the map when you could have kocked them down and stunned them and burst them to death. So frustrating.

I play a scoundrel with my group and if someone knocks an enemy away [as I usually help out by going mid in civil war and south in novare because we have a tankshadow], I will instantly switch targets, unless I am focusing their healer, which sadly, is normally the job they leave me when we have 2 turrets owned. When our shadow isn't playing, I get stuck on defense, which is more than fine due to the scoundrel/operatives huge amount of CC and ability to delay death long enough for help to arrive.

And yes, we may not have the BEST damage, but we are a single target, burst class. If you look at carnage marauders and deception assassins, their dps is never really chart breaking either, it is DoT and AoE based classes that top the chart, but they normally don't get killing blows and solo kills, they just hit everyone all the time.

On top of all of this, I would like to quote something I saw on one of the threads around here, "a good dps'er has less dps than a poor dps'er because we are focusing the right targets and they aren't being healed through our damage." I feel like this single saying about operatives and scoundrels are most true. We annoy side turrets, we burst down healers, and pretty much anybody, and they don't get healed through our damage because it is 30-75% of their health gone in our fast burst that they can't do much afterwards

They won't listen and they flat out don't care.

We are the least ayes spec of the least played class and they always equate it as "not fun being on the receiving end" of being attacked by a conceal Op. Yeah, because its SO pleasurable brim hit by 5-10k High Impact Bolts from VGs who require little to no skill to play.

Dude i never said we were a heavy hitter what i said was that we are ment to be a guy that picks off our targets 1 by 1 we arn't ment to be a front line fighter.

what you have surgested are things that would make us OP as **** immunity to CC while stealthed and AoE taunts while stealthed dude no if they did it for us they would do it for assassin's and i do NOT want that.

while i do admit that our Lacerate damage is a bit low and could use a small boost i still find it fine the way it is and i don't play leath so i can't really comment on weakening blast being AoE.

Our energy is what makes us unique and that we have to manage it if people are going stupid and using all there energy to fast it's there own stupid fault i rarely ever run out and i can still 1v1 pritty much anyone and still come out with energy sounds like you need to L2P better or work your rotation a bit to conseve a bit more

all in all what you are sugesting is that they make us OP i say NO we are in a good spot right now and i don't want that changed we can 1v1 any class down if they are alone and get off the first hit if back up comes we always have our backup stealth and ghost to get out of there which i do have to use every now and again but really what are you targeting that you blow your enegry so fast that you want them to give you a boost to regen we have our probe that gives us a lot back and we have our buff for extra regen and you still run out? sounds like you need to rethink your strat for PvP me thinks.

And finally you Stealth Defender thing dude *** you smoking that is a point were we do shine we can keep them from capping for a LONG time if done right sure we will die at some point while doing but for the most part we will keep the point save and kill the guy doing it as long as it's only 1 person and if it's 2 people doing it we can still flashbang them and then call for backup and just hold the point until it comes, i can't tell you the amount of times i have had to do this for a team but i will say this NEVER EVER say we are bad at point defence we are one the best for it since we have a lot of CC and stuns.

You just won an award for this long wall of text.

I won't tell you which award you won.

what is other conceal ops average dps in a warzone, because Mine is around 125k -150k and i'm feeling like maybe i'm not really all that geared or i'm doing something wrong... I can easily take out targets one vs one, but then alot of times im fighting multiple ppl and some of them can take out like half my hp meter in one shot.....

IDK if there is something I can improve I sure would like to know, hate being one of the lowest people on the dps chart. I'm 50 op conceal op btw.