Consular vs. Inquisitor Fun Factor

sildeath

So, this is obviously a personal opinion, but I just started playing an Inquisitor (just hit level 10) and so far it is SO MUCH MORE FUN than my Shadow at level 25.

I played WOW for a good while and always played Alliance because I liked playing a good guy, but the story, the companion, the look and the abilities are all so much cooler on the Inquisitor. Not comparing light to dark choices and what not, the story is just so much more interesting so far for the empire. Your master is obviously a better choice over the Consular's for obvious reasons and your first companion is a BAMF and the way you have to get him is just a great progression.

I'm not one to agree that Bioware likes the Empire way more than the Republic, but it seems like they really got into the Empire story while the Republic was mostly "this seems like a good deed, so we'll put these choices in." Also, in the choices you make for light and dark side, the Consular is so obvious what's good vs evil, but for the Inquisitor, it's like "What? That's the light side choice? Really?"

What do you think about this? I may be posting in the wrong thread, but it seems like a class deal.

• 4 months later...

ive got my sorc to level 32(just finished act 1), and i have both a sin and a shadow at about level 20 and i can tell you that the consular just seems forced as a shadow whereas the inquisitor feels perfect as a sin or a sorc. although i do like the challenge of playing a purely psychotic consular, as the consular is more tuned to be the stoic jedi code guy than even the jedi knight, (ive heard that some of the consulars darkside decisions later on are really dark.)

for me it really comes down to: do i really want to throw little tiny pebbles at an enemy, or do i want "UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAH!", electrocution execution?

the hardest part for me is just playing through the same story again, which is why i made a consular in the first place, but whereas i went mainly light on my sorc going through it again as dark is different enough to keep me interested most of the time.

I actually prefer the Shadow and kind of wish we could mix and match skill via cross-faction. Granted Telekinetic throw, which I feel it and Force Project had their names switched around, is less satisfying than Force Lightning - I would rather have Kinetic Ward over Dark Ward for sure on my Sin.

Instant shock is a huge deal and cannot be over rated.

Then there's the storyline. So far the inq storyline isn't amazing but the consular storyline makes me want to commit suicide rather than finish it and my sage has been 50 for months. It isn't just that it's bad and boring, it's amazingly stupid to. So many glaring plot issues, and they make you out to be this superman in a universe without kryptonite.

Inq is way more fun.

Seems like this is something people notice even after 4+ months! ;)

I tend to like playing a "good guy" the most, but now that I've started playing an Inquisitor after leveling my Consular to 50, I see why people like it so much. I find the Inquisitor much more engaging in terms of dialogue, and Zash is so much more interesting than the Master that Consulars get. As for the story, I think the Consular's is very good, though less "versatile".

I like the Consular animations/abilities (they are fixing the project delay) better than the Inquisitor ones though. I think all the lightning is a bit overkill, but mostly I just miss the graceful and elegant way my Consular moves -- applying the bubble, attacking, channeling, standing with his weapon out, and all that. My Inquisitor's movements seem jerky and hunched in comparison. >.< Yes, I know, Inquisitors can be evil demented things, but surely they could be evil and demented with good posture and poise. xD WTB mirror class animation Legacy unlock!

The chapter 1 stories for both Consular and Inquisitor are in essence, the same:

The Consular is "sacrificing part of himself/herself to save Jedi Masters, and the Inquisitor is "gaining" more power to overthrow/kill your Master. Both classes are also about the mysteries and intrigue of the Force.

I'm one of the few that actually prefers the Consular, but I do admit that it is entirely WAY too much fun to choose the "shock" option in the cutscenes :D

Being a light sided sith is not being a good sith...as if he would make a great jedi lol even the light side choices are usually pretty evil...Light side and Darkside among the empire is usually Whats good for the empire vs whats good for me

Instant shock is a big one but tbh one advantage you have as a consular is that you don't stand out as much as force lightning users. Still as the guy above said.. Khem wins the contest hands down and is far better than that lizard.

The feel of both classes, are the same. But~

Here's the kicker.

You then *look* at both classes... ask yourself this, do I want every little ability to be involving a rock or gust of wind, or do I want to spew lightning into everything and generally look like fun?

Also, Khem Val... compared to some idiot who's QQ'ing over what happened to him 10 minutes ago, no real choice between the two.

The story involved between the two, also, I'm loving it... a little strange, but seriously... after almost finishing the counsular on live and my PTS 'Sin, Voss alone... WAY more fun.

Counsular quest is just so... dull? I guess. Dull is good... dull gets done, but urgh... I'd rather be playing on Hutta for the entire game. Seems a shame, shadow/assassin are my favourite playstyles.

Counsular shadow... I'll give it a 6/10 - the plotline lets it WAY down.

Assassin gets a good 9.5/10 - the strange plot lets it down a little.

Inquisitor VAs pull the score down a little, but generally purple lightning > throwing pebbles.

I know a lot of people fall crazy in love with the British accents in this game. I'm not one of them. And I find that the Inquisitor voice actors (male and female both) jump all over the place. The only time I found some consistency in my dialogues were when I chose the completely insane responses. It's a shame, because I wanted a brooding dark Assassin and instead I got a pompous British dude who played with lightning just a few times too many.

That said, if you want a completely ******* insane character, Inquisitors do it best. I still remember torturing that guy at the Sith Academy on Korriban. A little lightning to his vital parts and I managed to make him sing. Literally. He sang a song.

I myself prefer the inquisitor storyline over consular, though I do much prefer throwing an onslaught of pebbles as opposed to lightning. Lightning gets me noticed in WZ's so easily, also why did bioware give forcequake the ability to shake screen and force storm doesnt!

storyline = inquisitor

abilitys = consular

I'm up to Hoth on Consular, finished Inq twice with both Sin and Sorc.

Played LS Consular story is dull, but man, I feel like I want to vomit over it all, it's so nauseatingly good. Wish I'd gone DS now lol, but I want to unlock the LS legacy ability. :D

I'm up to Hoth on Consular, finished Inq twice with both Sin and Sorc.

Played LS Consular story is dull, but man, I feel like I want to vomit over it all, it's so nauseatingly good. Wish I'd gone DS now lol, but I want to unlock the LS legacy ability. :D

Could you perhaps clarify, class plot or skill set?

The Voice Over on both consular character and inquisitor character are first class in my opinion (at least on females, haven't tried males).

The consular just reeks of serenity and inner peace with every word she says, and the inquisitor has so much arrogance and I-am-better-than-you feeling to it. The super high quality of voice acting in this game becomes very apparent when you play other games, like GW2 (though gw2 has many other qualities).

I like the Sorcerer storyline better and I like the feel of the class better. However, my first 50 in this class was a Sage. I felt the Sage's storyline was more epic. I am also working on two other Inquisitors at the moment - I have a 45 Sorcerer and a 37 Assassin. I should have the other Sorcerer to 50 by this weekend.